Pre-ordering room service as wakeup call?

Philoufelin

We do it all the time! Very reliable. And sometimes order items not on the menu and in many cases, they try to accommodate the request.

When we are Aqua Class, we have our breakfast in Blu, but on port days with excursions, we always have room service for breakfast!

You can either fill out a card and leave on your door the night before or select on your TV from an on line menu. Great when you have an early morning excursion. We have a 5:45 one on an upcoming cruise. Long day, will order extra to bring with us.

Pretty sure it is "maple flavored syrup" but neither would taste very good while sitting in a holding cell.

Most countries (including the USA) restrict certain food items from coming into the country. Some countries have very strict laws concerning this matter. I would hate to see someone taking food from the ship based upon this advice and spending the day talking to the police. Bring pre-packaged items for excursions or buy locally.

Let's see, out of about 140 days on Celebrity, we've done it at least 70 times.

Fill out your card and hang it on the door outside the night before. They'll call when they're on the way. Sometimes it's about one minute notice. We set our alarm about 15 min before we want it delivered.

There are pre-printed times like 7:00-7:30, etc., but we always put the exact time we want it and circle it.

If you want an omelet and it's not on the menu, just write it in. You can really write in pretty much what you want as long as it's not too unusual.

Nothing like pulling into port and enjoying your breakfast as you get ready for the day. And then you don't have to go back and forth to the room.

Every single port day, and many other days on all our X cruises it's what we do.

Nice to tip a couple dollars too.

Another tip. Like others have said, add any specifics that may apply. If you want a pot of coffee for two, add extras that you want (milk/cream, sugar or sweetener) or you may be drinking it black. If you want a double order of bacon, and you want it crispy, just say so.

Besides the fashion police we now have the food police. If you are bringing something with you which I always do (low blood sugar) just be honest when asked, IF asked, about what you have. If it is not allowed they will merely throw it in the trash. A box of Cheerios which is prepackaged is always a safe bet. Muffins and baked goods have never been taken from me. Dairy and meat and produce products are usually what is prohibited.

you snooze, you lose.----

Quoted from JHTX01

A number of Caribbean countries, such as Barbados, Jamaica, St. Vincent, Grenada, Dominica, and St. Lucia, ban the wearing of camouflage by non-members of their military. So unless you want to be fined, or jailed - leave those camo shirts, shorts, wallets, and purses at home.

The wearing of any form of camouflage clothing is illegal in Barbados. Do not dress in, or carry, items made of or containing camouflage material.

Use of camouflage bags or clothing is illegal in Saint Lucia unless you're military personnel.

It is illegal to wear any form of camouflage clothing in St. Vincent & The Grenadines.

Grenada police said they have adopted a "zero policy stance" regarding the wearing of camouflage clothing in public and are warning both visitors and locals to desist from doing so.

The Jamaican Parliament has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing, except for uniforms worn by the police. The police don't want civilians to be mistaken for police officers.

JerzyTraveler, taking food off the ship is a great way to meet the locals: the local sniffer dogs, the local police, the local at officials, maybe even the local jailers

I'm happy to report that I was never jailed for sneaking an uneaten croissant into the British Virgin Islands for my 12 year old who was too asleep to eat it on the boat.

you snooze, you lose.----

Quoted from JHTX01

A number of Caribbean countries, such as Barbados, Jamaica, St. Vincent, Grenada, Dominica, and St. Lucia, ban the wearing of camouflage by non-members of their military. So unless you want to be fined, or jailed - leave those camo shirts, shorts, wallets, and purses at home.

The wearing of any form of camouflage clothing is illegal in Barbados. Do not dress in, or carry, items made of or containing camouflage material.

Use of camouflage bags or clothing is illegal in Saint Lucia unless you're military personnel.

It is illegal to wear any form of camouflage clothing in St. Vincent & The Grenadines.

Grenada police said they have adopted a "zero policy stance" regarding the wearing of camouflage clothing in public and are warning both visitors and locals to desist from doing so.

The Jamaican Parliament has passed a law banning all camouflage clothing, except for uniforms worn by the police. The police don't want civilians to be mistaken for police officers.

Don't quite see the connection between this reply and the OP question.

Invasive species and agricultural pests are no joke. We are visitors in their country and should abide by their laws, even though it might inconvenience us.

In the case of food, bring only commercially prepared, pre-packaged sealed foods ashore, not fresh baked goods, nor fruits, vegetables, meats, cheese, anything that could jeopardize their flora and fauna,

Besides the fashion police we now have the food police. If you are bringing something with you which I always do (low blood sugar) just be honest when asked, IF asked, about what you have. If it is not allowed they will merely throw it in the trash. A box of Cheerios which is prepackaged is always a safe bet. Muffins and baked goods have never been taken from me. Dairy and meat and produce products are usually what is prohibited.

Thank you. My original post was supposed to be informative, the ending funny. I too have a problem with low sugar and will be carrying glucose tablets. I have travelled extensively in Europe and I have never been frisked for donuts but I have had many dogs follow me when I put contraband bacon in my back pocket.

I apologize to the OP for taking this thread down the back alleyways. Besides, if you are going to foreign lands you are better off saving room for local treats.

If you are cruising in New Zealand and Australia and the beagle on shore smell that you have food you shouldn't have the fine is $400 in NZ and similarly in Australia. There are no excuses accepted as the ships repeatedly warn against taking food ashore.

JerzyTraveler, taking food off the ship is a great way to meet the locals: the local sniffer dogs, the local police, the local at officials, maybe even the local jailers

Just got an email from my tour operator in St. Petersburg, Russia

Food: Even on tours where lunch or a snack is included, we suggest bringing something to eat – fruit, nuts, granola bar, etc. – as it can be quite a while between breakfast and your next meal.

Do you think they are setting me up?

Hey everyone,

I've read in a few places that we can order room breakfast in advance, so its a nice way to "wake up".

I wanted to confirm with those that cruised on celebrity that it is possible to do.

Cheers!

We discovered this on our second cruise with Celebrity and it's great. We order room service breakfast when we have an early excursion and we also do it embarkation day if we're walking off. You have to put your order during the day and request delivery before 1 a.m. (I think) They brought ours up around 10 p.m. and we put the milk in the fridge. We only ordered cold cereal and fruit. First thing we did when we got to airport was hit Starbucks!! They usually call about 5 min. before they knock on the door......except for the one time they didn't, so I wouldn't depend on it for "wake up" call.

DH is diabetic and I usually bring a bag of jelly beans in case he needs something immediate, which has never happened. We're rarely in a situation where we cannot buy a sugary drink and the only time I had fruit taken from me was an apple by US customs and an orange in Egypt. In all honesty, I did know better I just forgot they were in my carry-on.

Edited by Hydrokitty