JULY BOGO OFFER (7/7 to 7/17)

OFFER DETAILS:

Booking Window: July 7-July 17, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after August 7, 2016. Offer excludes China departures.

Offer Details:

• Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off
  • 25% Savings for 3/4 guests
  • PLUS 50% reduced deposit

Instant Savings: Up to $200 per stateroom savings:

6 Nights or longer

Interior/Oceanview -$50 Off per stateroom

Balcony- $100 Off per stateroom

Suite – $200 Off per stateroom

5 Nights or less

Interior/Oceanview – $25 Off per stateroom

Balcony – $50 Off per stateroom

Suite – $100 Off per stateroom

OFFER DETAILS:

Booking Window: July 7-July 17, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after August 7, 2016. Offer excludes China departures.

Offer Details:

• Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 50% Off
  • 25% Savings for 3/4 guests
  • PLUS 50% reduced deposit

Instant Savings: Up to $200 per stateroom savings:

6 Nights or longer

Interior/Oceanview -$50 Off per stateroom

Balcony- $100 Off per stateroom

Suite – $200 Off per stateroom

5 Nights or less

Interior/Oceanview – $25 Off per stateroom

Balcony – $50 Off per stateroom

Suite – $100 Off per stateroom

Assuming this only applies to new bookings made during this window. These new incentives lately don't help some of us who have booked at lower rates...I used to be able to get price drops but it seems not any longer.

Assuming this only applies to new bookings made during this window. These new incentives lately don't help some of us who have booked at lower rates...I used to be able to get price drops but it seems not any longer.

And you can't combine the instant savings with C&A Balcony discounts!!

Carla

Usual T&C apply:

Cruise must be booked July 7-July 17, 2016.

Not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military).

Dollars Off is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts.

Etc., etc.

I agree with you about these "new" incentives although I was able to get two small price drops in May for my Oasis 11/2017 sailing. Going from BOGO30 to BOGO60 promos resulted in full balcony discount and B2 price decrease when Royal ended their same price sub-category promo. Since I have two cabins booked, every little bit helped.

The Kids Sail Free promo seems to have been good for a lot of people despite the increase in some base fares. This new promo could benefit those who booked then with older children or adults as 3rd/4th, depending on what they do to the base fare.

As for me, with every new promo I'm always hoping for some true bargain pricing (or mistakes? ;)), like Royal first offered with their 6/1/2015 30/30 promo on my upcoming Harmony cruises. :D

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

Usual T&C apply:

Cruise must be booked July 7-July 17, 2016.

Not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military).

Dollars Off is not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts.

Etc., etc.

I agree with you about these "new" incentives although I was able to get two small price drops in May for my Oasis 11/2017 sailing. Going from BOGO30 to BOGO60 promos resulted in full balcony discount and B2 price decrease when Royal ended their same price sub-category promo. Since I have two cabins booked, every little bit helped.

The Kids Sail Free promo seems to have been good for a lot of people despite the increase in some base fares. This new promo could benefit those who booked then with older children or adults as 3rd/4th, depending on what they do to the base fare.

As for me, with every new promo I'm always hoping for some true bargain pricing (or mistakes? ;)), like Royal first offered with their 6/1/2015 30/30 promo on my upcoming Harmony cruises. :D

~ Judy

I got a bit off my upcoming HOTS too with that (mistake;))...I have 4 cabins booked so saved a little....but no where close to what I used to find. However my HOTS cruise price has more than doubled now so all's good :D I just make sure to book when those bookings open now in the future.

And you can't combine the instant savings with C&A Balcony discounts!!

Carla

Yeah why is that? That is not fair, the C&A balcony discount should always count and be on top of whatever other sale is going on. We booked a few weeks ago for next Sept. on Anthem and it was the same deal.

Yeah why is that? That is not fair, the C&A balcony discount should always count and be on top of whatever other sale is going on. We booked a few weeks ago for next Sept. on Anthem and it was the same deal.

Every time I see a special for Royal, the cabin fares come out to be the same or pretty much close to it. I hate to say this but I feel a lot of these sales are similar to a bait and switch or whatever it is called. Hate me if you want but this is my opinion and I do sail Royal.

I too feel like it's a bait & switch & like they're being very dishonest with their pricing gimmicks. I booked with the BOGO50 because that's when I was ready to book then the BOGO60 started a week or two later & prices went UP. Well that doesn't make sense does it? Since then prices on my sailings have gone up with each sale or stayed the same. That's not a sale. That being said, I priced other cruises during the same timeframe (I need to vacation at a specific time) and I want to sail out of San Juan, and Royal was still the best deal except for one Norwegian sailing where I didn't really like the itinerary. So although I'm uncomfortable with their pricing schemes, I'm sticking with Royal. For now at least!

I'm not good with keeping up on these "sales" but I just bought a new truck and it sounds similar. Make the customer feel like they are getting a good deal and they will bite, meanwhile its just smoke and mirrors. Am I on the right track?

I booked a few weeks ago on Anthem in what seemed like a good deal but I couldn't tell you if it was really. This sounds like a better deal when it starts but I have no idea. I went through a Travel Agency so I guess I'll call ask if it is and then go from there.

Edited by JAMESCC

Every time I see a special for Royal, the cabin fares come out to be the same or pretty much close to it. I hate to say this but I feel a lot of these sales are similar to a bait and switch or whatever it is called. Hate me if you want but this is my opinion and I do sail Royal.

I agree, I have no idea no idea what deal is I don't think?

Just compared prices on all my cruises. All of them went up with this new sale - even the ones that went up with the 1-2-free sale.

Same for me. Both our booked cruises went up at least $150 per person with this so-called "sale". :rolleyes:

I agree. Essentially a C&A member gets no better price than a first time customer, which completely negates the loyalty benefit:mad:

Just compared prices on all my cruises. All of them went up with this new sale - even the ones that went up with the 1-2-free sale.

A couple of ours went up, but none went down.

Totally agree on the C&A discounts, I've never gotten to use it as the pricing is better with the sale instead of the discount. Why even have it if they are never going to let you use it.

Any more with drink packages and what not, the only benefit to being loyal is that you get to stand in a shorter line while boarding.

I don't think it's fair we cannot use our C&A discount. I earned the right to receive $100 off my balcony cabin (and in 2 nights, $125 off) yet it's now given to anyone and my discount no longer is special. I am saying all this in a rational tone. I'm not actually angry but you get my point.

Also, we booked on the KSF promo in the first two days. After that, the fare went up, up, up. This promo now has our cruise at over $1200 more than when we booked just a month ago. The base price of the cruise went up over $300pp and now we would have to pay for our 5-year-old. I can't believe our affordable cruise came down to a 48 hour booking window. It pays to still check fares every time there is a sale no matter how good/bad it sounds.

Our 5 nighter on Ovation next March has come down by $189 in total so it was better priced on this new promo surprisingly!

My travel agent managed to get our existing booking amended to the new price this morning.

Best thing to do is keep checking the fares every time a new promo comes out, sometimes it's better sometimes it's not!

Can't believe what goes on with these "sales". I called my TA yesterday when I checked their site for prices. Low and behold my Oct 29th Anthem cruise went down about $184 and they applied my AARP discount! (D6 Balcony). Yay.

Later on in the evening, just for fun, I looked again...OMG back to BOGO...It is now more than $400+ than what we paid...Timing is everything! So happy I wasn't lazy to call at that moment.

I will still look especially after this 'sale' is over 7/17! Ya just never know when a good surprise will pop up.

Safe sails everyone. Going to be very hot in NJ :-)