Table hogs

At the pool grill on the Connie there are only a few tables to eat at. I have seen people sit at the tables all day and play cards. This leaves only a couple of tables to eat at. This is the same rudeness as being a chair hog.:mad:

Have the same problem in the Solarium on the S-Class ship at the Aqua Spa Café - can't find a seat to eat as some playing board games, cards, or just reading a book. Occasionally, they will put placards on the tables telling people to refrain games during meal times.

If it is an Elderly I do not mind. I understand we all wan to sit and eat but its a first come first serve bases right, and if some one is going to sit all day at the same table I have to say time to get the Staff. Its grab a meal eat and leave not make it your home.

In the Buffet café Ocean café. as long as like said the Elderly are not in any one's way move on and leave be. down on Deck 9 the card room at times you can't even get a table Lol

People go on cruises for a large variety of reasons. Clearly some go on cruises to play hours and hours of games and cards. While I don't love having to search for a table to consume more food, I don't begrudge others for doing what they like to do on a cruise.

Enjoy your cruising.

I am more concerned with "air hogs". Some people breathe in the air I wanted. I say after 30 minutes you have to stop breathing.

Some people will look for anything to complain about….RELAX

I am more concerned with "air hogs". Some people breathe in the air I wanted. I say after 30 minutes you have to stop breathing.

Some people will look for anything to complain about….RELAX

Best post of the day! People need to MYOB and relax on your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it is an Elderly I do not mind. I understand we all wan to sit and eat but its a first come first serve bases right, and if some one is going to sit all day at the same table I have to say time to get the Staff. Its grab a meal eat and leave not make it your home.

In the Buffet café Ocean café. as long as like said the Elderly are not in any one's way move on and leave be. down on Deck 9 the card room at times you can't even get a table Lol

What difference does it make if they are elderly? Why should they get a free pass? :rolleyes: They should be respectful of others just like everyone else should be. There are plenty of places to play cards and not take up room where people want to sit at a table and eat.

Best post of the day! People need to MYOB and relax on your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, some people are not happy unless they can...you know the word I want to use.

What difference does it make if they are elderly? Why should they get a free pass? :rolleyes: They should be respectful of others just like everyone else should be. There are plenty of places to play cards and not take up room where people want to sit at a table and eat.

I am flabbergasted by this response. I hope you are joking.

That's what I mean...some people just want to...

It's funny I was taught to respect my elders, obviously you were not. My 89 year old independent mother goes with my wife and I on cruises. She uses a walker and sits at a table to do her knitting and play Cards with my wife...try and move her. Just go ahead and try and move her' I'll watch and laugh

When we have our food in hand at Aqua Spa cafe and don't see any free tables, we have asked some, even card players, if they would share their table. We have met some really nice people that way and enjoyed our food too!!

I will rephrase it for you.

I sat down, had breakfast or lunch not dinner, I do that at the MDR (me)

I spend 30 minutes tops, more than enough time. I get up from an empty table. push my chair in and off I go. to where I need to be at.

I pass a table of people playing games. I don't stare I walk pass and keep walking. It's not me. does not concern me. and has not a thing to do with me. I mind my Bees & que's

For many in here it seems to be a problem, period. I already said my peace.

I rather see some one in an open area where many people are at then to be in a locked room, you never will know what can happen and to be in a public placeis best to be observing .

You are a very observant person, to pick on any character in a note, if you find something to not your liking get the staff. moving along is the best thing one can do.

I thought they still had the table signs in AQ spa Cafe area that say the tables are reserved for diners...outside of food service hrs you can sit and play games there...

Same should apply to the buffet,..,maybe they could take a small area nearby and reserve for card/ game players

When you are carrying a plate or food tray, can't find a spot and see seats blocked up by non diners it is annoying! But it is up to the cruise line to resolve the space shortage and find places for the card and game players...

Edited by hcat

At the pool grill on the Connie there are only a few tables to eat at. I have seen people sit at the tables all day and play cards. This leaves only a couple of tables to eat at. This is the same rudeness as being a chair hog.:mad:

Harumph

If you are carrying your food tray/plate and looking around for a place to sit, only to find places occupied by pax who are not eating, it is annoying. I have mentioned it to staff and they merely shrug their shoulders.

I don't know how anyone can sit and read or play cards (or whatever) in good conscience when they see others standing with trays and not finding a seat.

I am flabbergasted by this response. I hope you are joking.

I hope they're not, as I tend to agree. [emoji50]

When did age become an excuse for inconsideration? It's not like there aren't plenty of other places to play cards outside the eating venues. [emoji848]

When we have our food in hand at Aqua Spa cafe and don't see any free tables, we have asked some, even card players, if they would share their table. We have met some really nice people that way and enjoyed our food too!!

That's all you have to do is ask to share a table. If my mom see a person with a tray, she always ask if they would like to sit-down and eat. You are correct, she meets a lot of new people that way. It is a conversation starter.

Good manners do not have an expiration date. Although living here in Florida, sometimes I wonder. Playing games in a dining venue during meal times is rude. I am not interested in having lunch with someone else's grandmother.

You just cannot please all the people :). And then there are those who are just rude. A few years ago we were sitting in our loungers at the indoor pool on a Celebrity ship. As is our usual sea day practice, we were up early, had breakfast, and then sat in a couple of well-placed loungers (near the pool) where we spent the day reading, swimming, socializing. About 11:30 a couple approached DW and moi and asked if we would please give up our loungers so they could sit. They explained that we were always in those loungers....and should leave so that they could have a chance. And they were serious!

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I guess I've been lucky, but I've never had a problem finding a seat in the Oceanview. Yes, seats may be tough at certain times at the Aqua Spa Cafe, but I don't eat there much so that isn't an issue.

I'm too busy having a great time to notice, I guess.

I am always amazed at responses on these boards. There are such extremes that its mind boggling. The original poster was simply making a statement that when you go to a food café and you would like to be able to sit down and eat said food, and the tables and chairs that are placed there for that purpose should not be filled with people not eating - but playing games. Doesn't seem to be a very large demand. Just common sense. I have given up trying to have lunch in the Aqua Spa Café as I have yet to have the opportunity to sit and eat my lunch as the tables are filled with card games or readers. Most mornings I end up taking my breakfast back to my room because empty tables in the Lido have hats or other personal items "saving" the tables while the people are getting their food, while others with hot food is getting cold because of their need to "save" their empty table.

I disagree, I don't feel you should have to ask someone to share their table while you eat your food while they read their book or play their card game. There are numerous places all over the ship that are set up for reading are games. And, while its everyone's right to enjoy their cruise they paid for, common sense should kick in. Do you go out to a restaurant in your town, plop down with your book or game and sit for hours on end, while diners that come to the restaurant are turned away for lack of table space? I think not. So for heaven sake, be courteous, think about others and not just yourself, use the space on the ship for what is was made for and everyone can enjoy their time. And that includes everyone - age be damned!

Flame away!

That's all you have to do is ask to share a table. If my mom see a person with a tray, she always ask if they would like to sit-down and eat. You are correct, she meets a lot of new people that way. It is a conversation starter.

This^^^^ if two of us are taking up a four top, I'm always observant of others needing a place to eat, sit or relax. Nice time to meet others. Yes this venue may be designated for dinning... then one can choose between a polite "may we take your table to eat when you are finished" (makes it clearly known one needs a table to eat), or request the help of deck staff.

On several cruises we have not found immediate tables to eat our lunch meals, we became inventive and choose other locations... rather than be irritated at others enjoying themselves as well.

One can't change the actions of others, either join them if there is room or bring your party elsewhere to continue the festivities. Positive outlook IMHO.