Harmony Beach Pool

With all the comments of the lack of a pool in the Solarium, I'm surprised no one mentioned that the Beach Pool no longer has umbrellas and tables. I see a few problems. No place to keep things dry, no more shade, and tighter spacing of the loungers.

I guess my ox has been gored. :(

Am I the only one disappointed?

John, is it possible that the slides take up deck space that used to have loungers, and they decided to put more loungers rather than tables/umbrellas to make up the difference?

A common complaint is that there are not enough lounge chairs for everyone who wants one.

Another possibility to consider:

Harmony is currently sailing in Europe. She has to cross the Atlantic before she settles into her Caribbean routine. (I'm bringing her over.;))

Perhaps they are waiting until after the crossing to install the tables and umbrellas, due to weather considerations.

I have never sailed on Oasis, so I can't compare the two beach pools, but the one thing that struck about the decks on Harmony is that they were completely stuffed with loungers. All loungers (everywhere, not just at the beach pool) were actually placed against other loungers. There was no place to put down your bag or glass, let alone a table or umbrella could be placed anywhere.

Harmony is currently sailing in Europe. She has to cross the Atlantic before she settles into her Caribbean routine. (I'm bringing her over.;))

Perhaps they are waiting until after the crossing to install the tables and umbrellas, due to weather considerations.

Do we know when these photos were taken? In principle I agree, if these photos were taken during the Southampton preview sailings then that would make sense. However now that she's in the med they will have temperatures touching 80-100 degrees through until the translate antic (except maybe the last few weeks in October.

I'm on her on the 17th, if we don't have an update by then I'll post a photo :)

John, is it possible that the slides take up deck space that used to have loungers, and they decided to put more loungers rather than tables/umbrellas to make up the difference?

A common complaint is that there are not enough lounge chairs for everyone who wants one.

From the pics I have seen the slides end areas do take up deck space where they end on port and starboard locations. Perhaps this is why there is no pool in the Solariuum as well?

Please make sure they install them, as well as the solarium pool on the TA. We board November 12, soon after you bring her over.:D:)

With all the comments of the lack of a pool in the Solarium, I'm surprised no one mentioned that the Beach Pool no longer has umbrellas and tables. I see a few problems. No place to keep things dry, no more shade, and tighter spacing of the loungers.

I noticed straightaway when photos started being posted and yes, I'm very disappointed. I don't mind being in the sun, but need a break from it and relocating to a chair with shade can be impossible on a sea day. :-(

Here is a link to the pool pics on CC

http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/harmony-of-the-seas-983/beach-pool-281777/

FWIW, the tables keep the space from getting overcrowded, and provide a dry area to place a cocktail, pool bag etc. Without them, those if the first two rows have nowhere to place anything without it floating away.

From what I can tell the slide does not encroach on the original design at all. that was something i was worried about originally.

BTW, I'm pretty sure it will be easier to retrofit those tables than to add in a solarium pool. ;)

Personally, I think they were just trying to get more lounge chairs available, but didn't think it through.

I have never sailed on Oasis, so I can't compare the two beach pools, but the one thing that struck about the decks on Harmony is that they were completely stuffed with loungers. All loungers (everywhere, not just at the beach pool) were actually placed against other loungers. There was no place to put down your bag or glass, let alone a table or umbrella could be placed anywhere.

Same here. My first impression of the pools was wow, all those loungers cramped together, that doesn't look like a pool we'd enjoy. At least we'll have the nice Solarium. :rolleyes: Oh wait...more loungers crammed together and no pool at all. The pool deck situation on HOTS is disappointing.

I guess no umbrellas and tables so they can get the maximum amount of loungers in there! Believe me they did! When we got on ship I couldn't believe all of the loungers.:eek:

Glad you mentioned it, I guess we will have to use a 2nd chair for our belongings :D Being that we don't like the solarium pool on Oasis or Allure we have been beach pool people. (I haven't been on Harmony yet as you can see) I'll add this as further evidence of the need for a cubby hole for people near pools.