How far in advance do people book??

we are on the same sailing (30 September 2017) and booked on 3 March this year (the day they were released) so we were almost 19 months before departure day. We try and book ahead and get a good deal (scoped this cruise out last week when it was 'on offer' and it was £1500 more than we paid) - we always get the cabin we want and if the price goes down that is a gamble but to date prices have only ever gone up and even with 'free drinks offer' our cruises are still cheaper if we add them later - enjoy the countdown

I thought I'd win this one with our Asia cruise booked at 654 days out but I'm a mere amateur! :)

You got me curious, so I just went and calculated and was off on two being over 700 days. Here's the breakdown:

Freedom – 175 days

Navigator – 737 days

Adventure – 522 days

Liberty – 663 days

So, you are definitely no amateur!!! ;)

Dan.

Recently I had our next cruised booked on the Adventurer out of SJ and had our TA move us to the Freedom. The deposit was transferred to the new booking, I kept our original booking #'s

I had no idea you could do that. Thank you.

We have the same cabin, hump JS, on Oasis for 9 weeks. Had to book that the night they were released.

that was about 18 months out. I hope we like our room steward.

Edited by John&LaLa

For important cruises we try & book as soon as the cruises come out. For fill in cruises we will book them when a sale comes out or on board. We have 3 cruises booked for 2018. For 2017 we have 6 already booked.

Is there an announcement when dates are released?

RC releases a schedule for proposed itinerary releases, but it only tells what week certain itineraries are expected to be released. It's best to keep checking here to see the actual day they become available.

RC releases a schedule for proposed itinerary releases, but it only tells what week certain itineraries are expected to be released. It's best to keep checking here to see the actual day they become available.

Thanks, Bob. I guess I better start paying attention!

I honestly thought there would be lots of cabins available 15 months in advance. Now, I find myself hoping the British Isles cruise I've been stalking for three months will have lots of cancelations when final payment is due next spring!

We book as far out as we can except for those occasional compulsive bookings where we just say lets go. I think our closest booking was within 60 days. Thankfully our jobs allow it.

We have the same cabin, hump JS, on Oasis for 9 weeks. Had to book that the night they were released.

that was about 18 months out. I hope we like our room steward.

John, 9 weeks straight or nine weeks over a period of time? I'm just wondering if you are preparing to move from the beach front condo to the water surrounded ship. :D

As for your steward, if they go home early maybe they didn't like you. :p:):D

John, 9 weeks straight or nine weeks over a period of time? I'm just wondering if you are preparing to move from the beach front condo to the water surrounded ship. :D

As for your steward, if they go home early maybe they didn't like you. :p:):D

I guess over a period. My longest is 3, but Laura is doing 6 in a row. I have to check on Bella. If you look at my signature, the single dates are Laura's solos

I guess over a period. My longest is 3, but Laura is doing 6 in a row. I have to check on Bella. If you look at my signature, the single dates are Laura's solos

That's great John! You could go home on disembarkation day to do laundry and return to the ship after lunch for your next sailing. It couldn't get much better than that, other than you can't take Bella. At least with Laura being gone for six weeks you have her to keep you company at home.

Now if Bella was a cat, she might not have noticed that you were even gone. :D

I always book when they are released then if I have to change I still can.

I also try to book onboard like a lot of had said they do.

We have our April 2018 cruises booked May 5th 2016 so almost 2years ahead of time.

Best rooms and most of time the best price, but continue to keep looking for lower prices.