Last night bags outside door

cheerldrmom

Well , I don't feel as though I'm "so important" to get off the ship early , I just have zero problem carrying/rolling my one and only piece of luggage. Maybe when we become old and decrepit we will leave them outside the door. To each their own [emoji41].

I was not suggesting that you are one of those who do walk off because of a perceived self importance. However, you do have to admit that many if not most of the people who do walk off are not trying to make an early flight but are just trying to get off early. You also have to admit that this makes it harder for the few people who do have to make an early flight.

DON

We always carry our own bags off. Then again I never take more than one 25" roller and a backpack or small weekend bag. And I'm more than capable of carrying a 50lbs bag. I see people with massive amounts of luggage and have to wonder what in the heck they manage to bring onboard. But then I see the 'packing lists' people post here and it makes more sense. We leave our closet organizers, coffee pots, fans, coolers, etc. etc. etc. at home :eek:

So far we have carried our own luggage off, but have never been in a huge hurry. We have 1 rolling 21" carry on and a backpack each. It has worked for us but if we were ever lucky enough to do a longer itinerary and needed larger bags I would put them in the hall. I would not want to be the hold up for folks behind me.

Happy cruising

We always carry our own bags off. Then again I never take more than one 25" roller and a backpack or small weekend bag. And I'm more than capable of carrying a 50lbs bag. I see people with massive amounts of luggage and have to wonder what in the heck they manage to bring onboard. But then I see the 'packing lists' people post here and it makes more sense. We leave our closet organizers, coffee pots, fans, coolers, etc. etc. etc. at home :eek:

Not everyone packs all that stuff even if they have a lot of luggage. Some people have the cruise as just a small part of their holiday. We often have a land tour or two and some city stays combined with a cruise or two. This means you can need more clothes as what you wear when touring is different to what you wear on a cruise.:D

Quick question about putting bags outside door. My husband and I are driving. Once they take the bags where do they go? Wouldn't it be easier just to grab them and go. We've never cruised before so, I'm trying to figure things out. Thanks!:)

they put them on trolleys and i am guessing on the order of allotted times to disembark etc and when you disembark at your allotted time they are on the pier waiting for you , thats what happened with my bags

Quick question about putting bags outside door. My husband and I are driving. Once they take the bags where do they go? Wouldn't it be easier just to grab them and go. We've never cruised before so, I'm trying to figure things out. Thanks!:)

they put them on trolleys and i am guessing on the order of allotted times to disembark etc and when you disembark at your allotted time they are on the pier waiting for you , thats what happened with my bags

Yep.

And if everyone takes their bags of it really slows disembarkation up, as people push and pull and struggle.

I don't do self embark often, but once was a real nightmare, seemed everyone had chosen this option but half of them weren't capable of manhandling everything down the ramp, an obsolete traffic jam.

Our preference is a leisurely breakfast, just our carry ons to deal with, wait till the crowds thin a leisurely walk off, grab our bags and off we go.

Now sometimes we may need to get off early, but now we try to avoid that.

Yep.

And if everyone takes their bags of it really slows disembarkation up, as people push and pull and struggle.

I don't do self embark often, but once was a real nightmare, seemed everyone had chosen this option but half of them weren't capable of manhandling everything down the ramp, an obsolete traffic jam.

Our preference is a leisurely breakfast, just our carry ons to deal with, wait till the crowds thin a leisurely walk off, grab our bags and off we go.

Now sometimes we may need to get off early, but now we try to avoid that.

If our cruise says 7:00am arrival do they kick you off right away. You say you do a leisurely breakfast with a carry on (sounds good to us) but when do you have to actually get off the ship? I know they have to get the ship ready for the next cruise but how early do you leave? We will put our suit cases outside the door (no problems there) I was just wondering where they go! Thanks again! :)

If our cruise says 7:00am arrival do they kick you off right away. You say you do a leisurely breakfast with a carry on (sounds good to us) but when do you have to actually get off the ship? I know they have to get the ship ready for the next cruise but how early do you leave? We will put our suit cases outside the door (no problems there) I was just wondering where they go! Thanks again! :)

I see you are on Royal's Navigator. All passengers are given numbered tags for their luggage, depending on when they need to disembark for travel arrangements. If you are flying out early, it stands to reason you will be in one of the first groups off the ship. The ship may arrive into port anytime after, say, 5 or 6 am but that doesn't mean you get off right then. The ship is cleared by the local authorities and then anyone who is carrying their own luggage can start disembarking when the announcement is made, usually within 30 minutes of scheduled arrival time. If you do not need to rush off the ship for a flight home, you can take it a little slower, but they still endeavor to have all passengers off the ship by 9:30, 10 at the latest.

Breakfast is not all that leisurely; the buffet is open until 8:30 am or so, and the dining room until about 9 am (times are approximate). Yes, they have to turn the ship around so you can't be lingering. They ask you to vacate your cabin by 8 am.

Suitcases taken from the hall are kept in a holding area until the morning, at which time they are moved to the terminal and sorted according to tag number or color (depends on the port). As soon as the ship docks they start unloading the luggage but as I said, passengers don't get to go at that time.

Don't worry about this. I see it is your first cruise, but there will be copious amounts of printed information for you to read, telling you exactly what to do on the last morning. :)

We try to be off by about 8:30 Or 9:00.

Try to remember that the crew need to prepare for a new load who are champing at the bit to get on, certainly when we've done a cruise with a lot disembarking part way through, by about 9:30 they are calling people by name to get off the ship.

I see you are on Royal's Navigator. All passengers are given numbered tags for their luggage, depending on when they need to disembark for travel arrangements. If you are flying out early, it stands to reason you will be in one of the first groups off the ship. The ship may arrive into port anytime after, say, 5 or 6 am but that doesn't mean you get off right then. The ship is cleared by the local authorities and then anyone who is carrying their own luggage can start disembarking when the announcement is made, usually within 30 minutes of scheduled arrival time. If you do not need to rush off the ship for a flight home, you can take it a little slower, but they still endeavor to have all passengers off the ship by 9:30, 10 at the latest.

Breakfast is not all that leisurely; the buffet is open until 8:30 am or so, and the dining room until about 9 am (times are approximate). Yes, they have to turn the ship around so you can't be lingering. They ask you to vacate your cabin by 8 am.

Suitcases taken from the hall are kept in a holding area until the morning, at which time they are moved to the terminal a:)nd sorted according to tag number or color (depends on the port). As soon as the ship docks they start unloading the luggage but as I said, passengers don't get to go at that time.

Don't worry about this. I see it is your first cruise, but there will be copious amounts of printed information for you to read, telling you exactly what to do on the last morning. :)

Thank you for the advise. I'm over-achiever when it comes to worrying and planning so I like to know all the facts :). I'm sure I will be well informed when I get there!

Thank you for the advise. I'm over-achiever when it comes to worrying and planning so I like to know all the facts :). I'm sure I will be well informed when I get there!

With CC at your finger tips, you will gain lots of cruise related knowledge and much more.:D