Drinks for elites

Toronto Guy

I am an Elite (due to my RCI D+ status). May my DH and I invite my non status family couple into the nightly event? They are not sharing our cabin? I thought I hear we can each bring one guest.

I am an Elite (due to my RCI D+ status). May my DH and I invite my non status family couple into the nightly event? They are not sharing our cabin? I thought I hear we can each bring one guest.

They have to in same cabin as an elite member.

If there are two couples traveling together(One couple elite and one couple not) you can book rooms so all 4 get the elite party and breakfast.

The last time I remember it being in Michael's Club was on Millennium Alaska cruise -- the famous one that never left Ketchikan. Shortly after that it was closed to all but the Upper Level Suites, VIP's, and Zeniths. And now it is open to all Suites, VIP's, and Zeniths.

Why did it not leave port?

Our cruise next April will be our first as Elite - is the Elite coffee house style breakfast also held in the Sky Lounge or somewhere else? Thank you ... and any other tips would be greatly appreciated! :)

It depends on the ship and how many Elites are on board. We've only been in the Sky Lounge for breakfast when there were more than 1,000 Elites (a transatlantic). Generally it's in a specially restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It depends on the ship and how many Elites are on board. We've only been in the Sky Lounge for breakfast when there were more than 1,000 Elites (a transatlantic). Generally it's in a specially restaurant.

I'm thinking we'll have a similar situation on our Mardi Gras deal next year.

If I'm correct, we get into this event from our RCL Diamond status, and we get Michael's Club from being in a Sky Suite, but we also got drinks from our 1-2-3- Go when we booked the Sky suite. Sound right?

(I may be hanging out a lot more here for the time being what with the next trip being on Celebrity, plus you folks seem less apt to snap than some no the RCL board ;) )

If I'm correct, we get into this event from our RCL Diamond status, and we get Michael's Club from being in a Sky Suite, but we also got drinks from our 1-2-3- Go when we booked the Sky suite. Sound right?

(I may be hanging out a lot more here for the time being what with the next trip being on Celebrity, plus you folks seem less apt to snap than some no the RCL board ;) )

Yes to all the above, and hang around a bit on the big board, the snappin turtles lurk at the bottom of the Trinity around these here parts! :eek:

Welcome to Celebrity, your gonna like it.

My best advice is don't discard the letter you get on embarkation day. It has info as to venues, events, dress codes, all you need to know because they don't publish it in the Daily.

You are absolutely right! If I don't find a good place to keep it, I'm always trying to figure out where it is. There's no problem keeping track of breakfast an the happy hour but there's the Elite tea and the wine tasting and who knows what else. Hang on to that piece of paper.

You're probably right about the Mardi Gras cruise. I bet we'll have a lot of Elites and won't be surprised if we wind up with vouchers. We'll be sailing with my non-Elite sister (but she won't be much longer) and we don't get to the Elite lounge nearly as often. With a drink package I don't need to go in search of a free cocktail and we don't want to desert her. It sounds like you'll have a lot of choices of places for a beverage.

Don't count on us to be less snappy - we have our moments.:eek:

LoisR,

We just have a "different" memory. Perhaps it is a function of the length of cruises that we cruised. We tend to do longer cruises. We had many cocktails in the Michael's Club (not in a suite) when the Elite Happy hour was in the Sky Lounge.

On our cruises the last time the Michael's Club was used for the Elite function was in 2009/2010. I remember many cruises where Celebrity gave out vouchers because there where many Elite cruisers and the Michael's Club would not allow the vouchers. I had the Drink Package and would go to the MC to enjoy my cocktails without a crowd. I recall a 2013 Fall TA were Celebrity allowed the vouchers in the MC which was surprising.

It may well be different memories for different cruises. I can only remember one short cruise when Elite Events were held in Michael's Club, but we often sat in there in the evening for a quiet drink before bed when the Elite Events were held in the Sky Lounge. The change in venue was needed when the number of Elites became too great. The change of Michael's Club to an exclusive Suite and Zenith lounge came later.

That was my question......even if you have FOUR people traveling together in a cabin and only ONE is Elite, the perks are available to ALL cabinmates?

Not all the elite perks, just access to the all the elite events. I stayed in a cabin with my DM and DS who were on their first Celebrity cruise. The CC host put stickers on their cards to allow access into the lounge and breakfast.

Edited by kathynorth

Bellinis and bloody Mary's are included with no extra charge??

I think the yes answer is for breakfast.

Breakfast on S class ships has been in Tuscan Grill. It's a rather limited menu, although yummy. Not sure if bellinis are there, but surely mimosas. Also cappuccino, etc.

Imho, the lounges on Royal are nicer. They're more intimate, have better booze, better/more readily available snacks, and the Diamond Concierge has a desk there. On Celebrity, the guy/gal is often up there, too, but not as often. But they're more crowded. The Royal class that doesn't have a dedicated lounge has cocktails up top with nice view, and a quite nice breakfast in the MDR. The only ship I know that has that is Majesty.

But since this is Celebrity, I'll say that I've never had the vouchers, even though I'd prefer them, as we often are traveling with non-Elite friends or family.

You are absolutely right! If I don't find a good place to keep it, I'm always trying to figure out where it is. There's no problem keeping track of breakfast an the happy hour but there's the Elite tea and the wine tasting and who knows what else. Hang on to that piece of paper.

That piece of paper is THE best reason to bring magnets with you.

We enjoy deciding which ones to bring. Of course they should match the cruise we're on, as closely as possible. Luckily that isn't difficult!

Then the challenge is to remember where I packed them. :)

• 6 months later...
The last time I remember it being in Michael's Club was on Millennium Alaska cruise -- the famous one that never left Ketchikan. Shortly after that it was closed to all but the Upper Level Suites, VIP's, and Zeniths. And now it is open to all Suites, VIP's, and Zeniths.

The only time we've been in Michaels recently is for the evacuation drill!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bring Scotch tape. All important papers, coupons, reservation cards, notes to each other, etc, get taped to the mirror so they don't get lost or thrown away. I also bring a yellow highlighter. I use it to highlight the things I don't want to miss on the schedules (Elite and daily).

I bring several magnets and hang up the papers I want to refer to on the wall in front of the bed. I'm not organized enough for a highlighter, so I just circle with a ballpoint pen!

We have fun planning which magnets to take, preferring ones from ports we'll be visiting on the current cruise. Sometimes we have to improvise to make a connection, b/c in the earlier cruising years we didn't buy many magnets!

• 4 months later...

Great information. Are the drinks premade and served from a tray? How are the martinis? Can you order them made special? Does anyone get a different drink like a margarita on the rocks or mojito?

Is the Elite breakfast each day? Include salmon and bagels? Do they make the Bloody Mary's to order?

Thanks in advance.

Take a refrigerator magnet with you and just post the Elite letter on the cabin wall by the television. Good way for quick and easy reference.