Drinks for elites

Toronto Guy

Hello - I have never gone to the free drink from 5 to 7pm thing as I've always had the beverage package included. Can you please tell me more - i.e. What is included, drink maximum and whether or not I can take my cabin mate who is not Elite? Thx.

No maximum, knock em back till security helps you to your cabin cause you can't stand up.

The selection stinks, so if you are looking for a quality drink, not on this menu.

Cabin mate, no, spouse, yes. But we have seen the Captin Club Hostess bend when an 'Elite' gets vocal :rolleyes:

Are the drinks premade and served from a tray?

They are made to order.

How are the martinis? Can you order them made special?

They will make them as you want them.

Does anyone get a different drink like a margarita on the rocks or mojito?

No, the list is the list.

Is the Elite breakfast each day?

Not embarkation day and not disembarkation day.

Include salmon and bagels?

Yes

Do they make the Bloody Mary's to order?

Yes

Thanks in advance.

You're welcome

We're elite+ and usually have access to Michael's and we still go to the Sky Lounge for elite hour. It's just a nice venue at sunset (usually) with beautiful views and lots of people to meet. We prefer up there while there is still light, and we order whatever drink we want from our drink package. I have had all kinds of martinis and daiquiris, nicer wines by the glass, and I've had whatever they put on the captains club menu.

So just because you have a drink package doesn't mean you can't go up there for a few nibbles and some socializing.

Michael's is nice, but often people there won't talk to anybody! And there is no view like sky lounge at sunset.

I think the change over from Michaels to Sky lounge was in 2010. I know once that year we were in Michaels a few months later we were in Sky lounge. About the time RCL cruisers were able to cross over to Elite on X.

We too miss Michaels ( great get togethers for a number of yrs) but the sheer numbers dictated the change of location...for the evening gathering and the breakfast. Before suite guests took it over, it was tried as a craft beer venue but failed. It started out originally as a nice cigar lounge...long gone! And then a very nice piano bar and lounge, Wish it would be returned to being a nice piano bar...lacking on X ( ensemble lounge is too much of a cut through venue)

The reciprocal benefits really flooded X with Diamond crossovers...and for awhile they were very much catered to by X trying to get them to stay with X...on one Summit cruise, we felt very much ignored by Cap Club hostess and other staff who invited Diamonds to Cap table, exclusive focus groups etc. Very shabby treatment of loyal X cruisers!

We have enjoyed reciprocity on Royal but the new ships are not attractive to us. Although we must admit the breakfast on Oasis was very nice and the night time event was awesome,.....quite a spread..better than dinner in MDR

BTW..when Michaels became the gathering place for Cap Club Elites, many were not pleased because they lost their fav spot..Bottom line is that X has always lacked enough cozy spots and on Reflection where they had a nice spot, they turned into into a Conf center and cruise sales ofc..go figure!

Now they use the center hallway space on S class for music...inadequate seating and poor acoustics,...in a very loud sort of way...and the piano there remains mostly neglected!

No maximum, knock em back till security helps you to your cabin cause you can't stand up.

The selection stinks, so if you are looking for a quality drink, not on this menu.

Cabin mate, no, spouse, yes. But we have seen the Captin Club Hostess bend when an 'Elite' gets vocal :rolleyes:

I am travelling with a friend next year and was told by Captains Caleb that she would be invited to any elite events as we are sharing a cabin. It is first time on celebrity for her as I usually travel with DH.

Misprint asked:

I am travelling with a friend next year and was told by Captains Caleb that she would be invited to any elite events as we are sharing a cabin. It is first time on celebrity for her as I usually travel with DH.

The website (old version) used to have some language that the Elite member and anyone sharing a cabin with the member could both attend Elite events, although the non-Elite member would not get coupons. That language has disappeared, but so much has also disappeared from the new website that I have to think that it isn't due to a policy change, but simply more sloppy work from the IT department. I think you will find that once you are on board, the Captain's Club host or hostess will make arrangements for your roommate to attend the events with you.

I seem to always have the drink package, but I would not say the regular choices stink.

Non Elites sharing a cabin can attend all of the functions and get those benefits

If vouchers are issued they will not get any. If there aren't vouchers they can drink unlimited drinks at the Elite Lounge during the happy hours.

My daughter sailed with my wife who is Elite. My daughter wasn't . There weren't any vouchers issued so she could get the drinks in the Elite lounge during the happy hour. . Was told that she could attend the events receiving the same benefits but not anything that required a coupon. She didn't get any other benefits that required a coupon such as the internet minutes, laundry and etc. I called the captain club and that is what I was

told. This was on the Summit in 2016. Things may have changed

If vouchers are issued they can still enter the lounge but will not get any drinks as a voucher will be required. They can purchase drinks or use their bev pack.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

That's correct. I cruised in January with a friend who was not yet Elite, and she was able to go to the nightly Elite cocktail party and partake of the free beverages.

Be sure to see the Captain's Club host about this. S/he can give your non-elite roommate a special card (or a stamp or label on her seapass card) that is good for admission to all the elite events, even if she shows up without you.

We found it a very nice thing to have as both people may not arrive at the same time.

It is especially appreciated for the elite breakfast, where two people are taking turns using the bathroom in the morning, so one is always ready before the other.

Your roommate can walk right in to the elite events without needing to hang around outside the door waiting for you to show up.

The same applies to roommates of Zenith members, who may use the facilities available to Zenith members even if they themselves are neither Zenith nor staying in a suite.

(So when choosing a roommate, it is better to be the roommate of a Zenith member than the roommate of a lowly Elite or Elite +.) ;)

You are absolutely right! If I don't find a good place to keep it, I'm always trying to figure out where it is. There's no problem keeping track of breakfast an the happy hour but there's the Elite tea and the wine tasting and who knows what else. Hang on to that piece of paper.

Bring some Blutack (this is sold in U.K. but there some must be an equivalent in the US) and stick the letter on either the bathroom or wardrobe door. Take a highlighter pen and mark the items you are participating in. I also print a copy of the itinerary and put it next to the letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums