6/24 Celebrity bows down, what a mess this was

1foots

The one month of the year we NEVER cruise is March - spring break and SOOOOOOOOOO many kids. Only month of the year if you buy booze in port you have to wait until the morning of departure to go and pick it up. PITA if you are trying to get everything packed up and use express departure.

We cruise during the summer (not a lot) b/c the prices are usually really high b/c schools are out, but March is by far the worst month to cruise the Caribbean or short cruises.

Edited by karena1

There are always going to be kids running; that is what they do with their energy; however, you can eliminate a lot of it by cruising different months besides summer, holidays spring break etc. I have never viewed kids on another ship acting up, mostly because I don't pay attention to other cruise ships; they are usually in the distance...way in the distance. Also , certain ships cater more to kids. When I was a lot younger, things did not seem so apparent and bothersome. With age comes a little less tolerance...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

You make your point, if there is one- very poorly. It isn't helpful unless makes sense to your audience.

You were a kid at one point, correct?

8b1c31881ec5474d613c5319a9debdb8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How dare you post a picture of me and my sister on holiday with my dad! :D

I was on the June 24th sailing to Alaska but was on the Solstice. It may be summer but there were very few children. Alaska isn't a hot spot for young families. I may have been in shock though as I always sail Carnival during school breaks (I am a teacher) so I am used to TONS of kids. I felt like this sailing was practically kid free. I just find it hard to believe the other ship was so much worse.

Cruise Raider - International Cafe, Sanctuary :confused: ...are you on the right cruise line?

This was in my thread

"Plus, it wasn't on Celebrity, which I always felt had way less children onboard anyway."

I was just commenting that other cruise lines oftentimes cater more to the 'kid' crowd. I have never been on a cruise on Celebrity that was filled with kids. As a matter of fact, they are a rarity, but then again, I pick my cruises more carefully now.

Edited by Cruise Raider

Yes, Transatlantics in the Spring and the Fall.

You don't say...at what age do you reach "elderly status?" :eek: I want to share the age with my DH due to the fact that he still believes he can pole-vault...

You don't say...at what age do you reach "elderly status?" :eek: I want to share the age with my DH due to the fact that he still believes he can pole-vault...

At any age, the definition of "elderly" is always someone at least 15 years older than I am. :D

Just so I know which group I fall into what age is elderly?

In the NYC metro area, "upstate" seems to mean 75 miles north of wherever you live. So I think "elderly" means at least 10 years older than you are now! :D

Yes, but you didn't say whether he CAN still pole vault!!! I encourage DH to believe he can do anything he wants to......he's just not allowed to actually DO it. :D

Hi Jazz.....look who followed you over here.....you can run but you can't hide!! :D:D

Edited by Hydrokitty

what do you expect GS to do? I know putting them off at the next port would solve the problem, .

There's a Brig on board right? Throw them in it with only bread & water.

Or how about since they have so much energy, build a diving board over the side of the ship. But do it on Starboard so they don't go through the smoke on their way down.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

There's a Brig on board right? Throw them in it with only bread & water.

Or how about since they have so much energy, build a diving board over the side of the ship. But do it on Starboard so they don't go through the smoke on their way down.

Well yes...but then you're punishing the children and it's the parents who permit them to run amok who should be punished. :D

Yes, but you didn't say whether he CAN still pole vault!!! I encourage DH to believe he can do anything he wants to......he's just not allowed to actually DO it. :D (Hydrokitty)

He said that first he needs to have a shoulder and tendon operation; he loves that you said he can do anything he wants to...:cool: Now that's scary!

Edited by Lastdance