Diamond Plus Loss of Benefits

Just sailed on Liberty of the Seas on July 3, 2016. As a Diamond Plus member, I was disappointed to hear about the loss of a Concierge Club benefit on ships that now have Suite Lounges., but I had read about the change prior to the cruise.

However, my bigger disappointment is the loss of an exclusive Departure Lounge & No Priority Disembarkation for Diamond Plus & Diamond tiers. On the Liberty of the Seas, all Crown & Anchor members are now lumped together for departure.

We had the same on Grandeur last month. There was no priority disembarkation lounge at all in fact. For disembarkation, all Platinum and up received the second two luggage tags (after Suite & Pinnacle) to debark after the self assist people. We still had to sit in the theater as our assigned location even with those tags.

Just sailed on Liberty of the Seas on July 3, 2016. As a Diamond Plus member, I was disappointed to hear about the loss of a Concierge Club benefit on ships that now have Suite Lounges., but I had read about the change prior to the cruise.

However, my bigger disappointment is the loss of an exclusive Departure Lounge & No Priority Disembarkation for Diamond Plus & Diamond tiers. On the Liberty of the Seas, all Crown & Anchor members are now lumped together for departure.

Glad to see that I am not the only one who is disappointed with RCL for cutting benefits to its Diamond plus members, its 2nd highest loyalty level. As I have posted before, it does not show that Royal is very loyal to its 2nd to most loyal group of cruisers. They don't even notify you in advance of the loss of benefits. AS I have said before " DON'T BE LOYAL TO ROYAL CAUSE ROYAL WON'T BE LOYAL TO YOU."

You might not have access to the Suites Lounge, but you still have access to the Diamond Club which has all of the same amenities.

Pinnacle Club Members and lumped together with Suite Guests and are given special red tags and a special area to wait in the morning.

Well not quite. The coffee machine is usually turned off the night before. :(

**O**M**G** It's the END of the *W*O*R*L*D*

Enough is ENOUGH!!! Time to start booking cruises with Crystal and Regent!

.....C'mon now Crystal and Regent cost REAL MONEY!.......and there you can't mutter those immortal words... " do you know who I am??????""".....:cool::D

As someone pointed out 'Priority departure' is still listed on the web page.

It is curious that when you look at benefits in the Member Exclusive Area, the first words you see are "We've added even more benefits, more experiences and more surprises to make cruising with Royal Caribbean International® a truly rewarding experience."

First they came for the ... but I didn't speak out because I wasn't... Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

And so it goes, no announcements, just a silent erosion.

Just my thoughts..

Everyone wants to be acknowledged as a customer. If I dine regularly at a restaurant the folks will remember us and our preferences. They may offer a free drink and welcome you back. It feels good to feel special and they appreciate your business.

Royal has changed things over the past few years. I was not really upset about any of the changes except for the change to C & A benefits. They took away the balcony discount being allowed with any other discount. So basically they are saying a new cruiser with Royal will have the same price as Diamond members. It's such a small number but it does mean something to me.

Diamond Plus have spent quite a bit to reach that level. It's not to much to recognize these folks as valued customers. The loss of the concierge lounge and priority embark/debark doesn't cost any money, but again made the Diamond Plus feel acknowledged.

Edited by cincicruisers
Typo

Depending on ship, think the extent of priority has been getting a low, 5 and under, tag for priority.

Lounge may depend upon number of upper tiers onboard.

Looking back at the departure letter on Vision (November 2015), Freedom (January 2016), and Allure (May 2016). The only one that has listed Diamond and Diamond Plus dedicated lounge and low numbers is Vision. Freedom and Allure have all CAS members in one area. Neither have listed the time for Diamond and Diamond Plus.

Vision: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv9ng3kikpqez5y/AsYouDepart.pdf?dl=0

Freedom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sivfvvfq3yuaz9r/As%20you%20Depart.pdf?dl=0

Allure: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0tobs8pgz3e8rwy/AACkhrI1dwgxLRUQ8b1W2WEfa?dl=0

It is curious that when you look at benefits in the Member Exclusive Area, the first words you see are "We've added even more benefits, more experiences and more surprises to make cruising with Royal Caribbean International® a truly rewarding experience."

First they came for the ... but I didn't speak out because I wasn't... Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me.

Every time I've posted that quote it gets deleted.

How disgusting to use phraseology often used when referring to the Holocaust for the inaction of many who knew what was happening during that time in history and equate it to 'benefits/perks' associated with a vacation reward program.

Whilst I appreciate that it's a 'first world problem', if it's advertised as a benefit it should be provided. The reason Royal has a loyalty program is to keep people rebooking with them. If they don't deliver on their end of the bargain it certainly leaves a sour taste in one's mouth, reducing the likelihood of rebooking in future.

Honestly not trying to be snarky with you, but simply a comment in general. I just don't understand why people limit their experiences by sailing on one line exclusively just to get perks. Granted, some perks are better than others, but there isn't anything at any level on any line that would persuade me to have the same cruise experience over and over and over.......

We can chat with each other till we are blue in the face

Stop talking with the keyboard and start with your wallet.

As long as the ship sail full RCL doesn't care, it's more profit when us Diamond Plus don't cruise.

We have slowed way down the resorts we have been doing lately, has been great.

No line to check in, no line to check out, out the door in our car and we are gone. The food five times better. If I want to bring something to my room to drink no Problem.

Bottom line is stop crying and move on RCL has we should do the same.

As long as the ship sail full RCL doesn't care, it's more profit when us Diamond Plus don't cruise.

We have slowed way down the resorts we have been doing lately, has been great.

No line to check in, no line to check out, out the door in our car and we are gone. The food five times better. If I want to bring something to my room to drink no Problem.

.......can't beat Lone Star State logic........:)

If they're going to remove these perks the least they could do is to remove them from their website. Their website is rife with inaccuracies and inconsistencies. While I don't support the diminishing of benefits, at least they could clearly establish expectations for the future.

If they're going to remove these perks the least they could do is to remove them from their website. Their website is rife with inaccuracies and inconsistencies. While I don't support the diminishing of benefits, at least they could clearly establish expectations for the future.

................they have seemed not be able to locate the 12 year old kid that is in charge of their web site right now.........

I agree. So many people complain.

Then turn around and book another cruise.......

................they have seemed not be able to locate the 12 year old kid that is in charge of their web site right now.........

If a 12 year old kid was running it, the site would be on point.

I agree. So many people complain.

Then turn around and book another cruise.......

Exactly don't like the benefits they are giving stop booking enough folks stop RCL will send you a letter telling you they want you back, at the moment it seems they don't care.

That is ok change is the spice of life best wishes in what each of you choose:)

Whilst I appreciate that it's a 'first world problem', if it's advertised as a benefit it should be provided. The reason Royal has a loyalty program is to keep people rebooking with them. If they don't deliver on their end of the bargain it certainly leaves a sour taste in one's mouth, reducing the likelihood of rebooking in future.

I agree with you here.

I get chapped also when I read people's comments who try to minimize the folk who complain that RCI is taking away benefits.

Additionally, I DONT WANT TO BOOK WITH ANOTHER CRUISE LINE!! I like RCI!

Edited by JohnSnowGOT

I agree with you here.

I get chapped also when I read people's comments who try to minimize the folk who complain that RCI is taking away benefits.

Additionally, I DONT WANT TO BOOK WITH ANOTHER CRUISE LINE!! I like RCI!

RCL can change any benefit anytime they want to, in this case they have, your only recourse is to book or not to book another cruise you have made the choice to rebook problem solve.

Happy Sailing

Well not quite. The coffee machine is usually turned off the night before. :(

Hi Cinnamon!, that was certainly the case out of Southampton on the last morning on the Navigator last month. I ended up drinking the horrible swill on the promenade. I do not understand why they feel they must clean up the machine in the DL. That is a benefit, I would happily protest being taken away. Making people drink swill who are not used to it!!:D

JC

RCL can change any benefit anytime they want to, in this case they have, your only recourse is to book or not to book another cruise you have made the choice to rebook problem solve.

Happy Sailing

.................always read the fine print............;)

How disgusting to use phraseology often used when referring to the Holocaust for the inaction of many who knew what was happening during that time in history and equate it to 'benefits/perks' associated with a vacation reward program.

You mean losing a perk is not equal to the Holocaust? OMG.....:D

Hi Cinnamon!, that was certainly the case out of Southampton on the last morning on the Navigator last month. I ended up drinking the horrible swill on the promenade. I do not understand why they feel they must clean up the machine in the DL. That is a benefit, I would happi:Dly protest being taken away. Making people drink swill who are not used to it!!:D

JC

...........what the h*ll do the Brits care about coffee anyways?......:D....

He's in summer camp. He left his 5 year old sister in charge while he's gone.

Edited by Retired LEO