Boarding again: P and O lies

Clodia

With the current events in the South of France I look at posts like this in bewilderment at what this says about our society in general and the petty priorities that people seem to have in their lives.

We are cruising for the first time with P&O in August. We have been given an allocated time of 1500. Am I unduly bothered about it? Not at all, as my holiday will have started the previous day on our journey down to Southampton.

Whilst on board we intend to have a great holiday and hope to meet lots of new friends. My only hope is that most of the people that seem to moan about boarding times and tipping will be on another ship

Welcome to pando. As new time cruisers I hope you do enjoy your holiday.

Honestly since the new boarding arrangements started I have not met anyone on board who have moaned or even commented on it.

While in the cruise terminal, well you may meet some there, but you will not see them again after that. The ship will not sail until all have boarded. The poster would have boarded their cruise at 1pm.

You will have a lovely time. To us going to lovely places ,being looked after is the main thing. That and only unpacking the once.

With the current events in the South of France I look at posts like this in bewilderment at what this says about our society in general and the petty priorities that people seem to have in their lives.

We are cruising for the first time with P&O in August. We have been given an allocated time of 1500. Am I unduly bothered about it? Not at all, as my holiday will have started the previous day on our journey down to Southampton.

Whilst on board we intend to have a great holiday and hope to meet lots of new friends. My only hope is that most of the people that seem to moan about boarding times and tipping will be on another ship

Well said!

Life's too short, you're the sort of person I like at my dinner table.

Do you expect to queue jump ahead of everyone else if you arrive late as well.

But they're not jumping the queue are they if they are entitled to by their loyalty level. Its just a perk for them. When we had been on Celebrity 3 times we did a mini cruise on Royal Caribbean. The loyalty points moved over and we were allowed to board first. (Had no idea when we went to be honest)

Its not just P&O that have perks for loyal customers.

People who tell me to get a life are entitled to their opinion but so am I. I have read many threads full of whinging about port changes. That's happened to me too. Not that bothered. For me the ship is the destination. So boarding time matters.

We're all different and we all have valid views.

I wouldn't dream of putting you down or telling you to get a life because our views differ.

I have a life. A pretty good one. But I still don't like injustice or better now lied to.

People who tell me to get a life are entitled to their opinion but so am I. I have read many threads full of whinging about port changes. That's happened to me too. Not that bothered. For me the ship is the destination. So boarding time matters.

We're all different and we all have valid views.

I wouldn't dream of putting you down or telling you to get a life because our views differ.

I have a life. A pretty good one. But I still don't like injustice or better now lied to.

I'm not sure you fully understand the difference between "telling a lie" and "making a mistake". My suspicion is that the person made a mistake rather than deliberately set out to mislead you.

However, in the circumstances, it might be better for you to leave P&O altogether. Clearly your trust in them is completely shattered, and I doubt it will return. Take a look round all the other cruise lines on this board - there surely must be some that are willing to guarantee they have never made a mistake and thery never will?

Clodia

I would suggest that you stop cruising with P&O and try the 6* lines as they may well fulfill your cruising requirements better than P&O.

I will also be reaching Caribbean tier level on my next P&O cruise and to be honest I could not give a toss about boarding times I will board the ship when I am permitted to, I am on the ship for two weeks where does a couple of hours either way enter into the big scheme of things.

I hope in what ever line of business/profession you were in you you never made a mistake or gave out the wrong information, it must be great to be perfect.

Happy cruising to you on what ever ship you select as long as it is not the one I am on.

Edited by Sanjam cruisers

Hmmmm, I think if you start off by saying somebody "lied" when it was really just poor information/communication that was easily found with a quick search then you are just lining yourself up to be shot at, if you then try to defend your position your on pretty weak ground...and as this is the internet you will get some quick replies in the negative and also it has to be said positive.

This board/forum is populated by mostly good people who respond with humour, warmth and goodwill....but do not want to see stuff portrayed as a "lie" when it really is not, I do appreciate the importance you place on arrival time for you...and thats fair enough..each to his own....be a really boring world if we were all the same.

I for one hope you continue to enjoy your cruises whoever you go with but if you use devisive words like "lie" on forums such as this and cant prove it as fact then "put on your crash helmet".....if you had said P&O cock up/poor info etc (lots of these posts on the forum) or just asked the question re: boarding times then people would have been a bit more understanding.

Sorry for going on a bit......anyway..roll on 22nd October for Arcadia Venice trip.:)

How has Sanjam been nasty?

We are very privileged to be able to cruise and see the world. OP just get on board when you can , relax and enjoy your holiday. None of us know what tomorrow may bring.

In the grand scheme of things a possible small delay isn't the end of the world!

Hmmmm, I think if you start off by saying somebody "lied" when it was really just poor information/communication that was easily found with a quick search then you are just lining yourself up to be shot at, if you then try to defend your position your on pretty weak ground...and as this is the internet you will get some quick replies in the negative and also it has to be said positive.

This board/forum is populated by mostly good people who respond with humour, warmth and goodwill....but do not want to see stuff portrayed as a "lie" when it really is not, I do appreciate the importance you place on arrival time for you...and thats fair enough..each to his own....be a really boring world if we were all the same.

I for one hope you continue to enjoy your cruises whoever you go with but if you use devisive words like "lie" on forums such as this and cant prove it as fact then "put on your crash helmet".....if you had said P&O cock up/poor info etc (lots of these posts on the forum) or just asked the question re: boarding times then people would have been a bit more understanding.

Sorry for going on a bit......anyway..roll on 22nd October for Arcadia Venice trip.:)

Hi barriead, we have a roll call for Arcadia J616 at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2360566

Come along

Dai

Sorry to raise this again. I am finally Caribbean Tier after YEARS of cruising, and was looking forward to boarding earlier this time. Some little grunt in P and of lack-of-Customer -Services is now telling me I cannot.

To say that I am angry, upset, and on the verge of cancelling this and the next 2 cruises i have booked with them is the understatement of the century. Has anyone else had this experience?

What is the POINT of spending years getting to Caribbean Tier if you are treated like this?

Clodia, I was reading the celebrity (I think it was) board recently and somebody had posted on there that they were not happy with something they had been told by shoreside customer services. It was suggested they rang at least 2-3 times ,asked the same question, and see if any of the answers matched.

If you have cruised a lot you must realised that what shoreside says and what the ship does are usually 2 different things.

Maybe the person you spoke to misunderstood the question you were asking in some way. You posted on here and have been told you will be able to board at 1pm. Be happy, enjoy your cruise.

Everybody does make mistakes. If you feel very strongly write them a letter saying this person told you incorrect information (I would not use the word lie-too imflamatory) and could they please confirm that all the staff in the centre understand that high tier will get priority boarding.

You can try other lines, but unless you are prepared to jump upto the likes of silversea etc, I think you will find they are all much a muchness. princess/celebrity are not prefect by a long way, and if you read their boards similar things are posted.

Hi everybody

As you can see from my profile we are seasoned RCCL cruises and last week we did our first proper pando cruise (the previous on Ventura being what seem to be deemed as a taster cruise or more to the point booze cruise) I had been reading on the boards about the issue with the system that pando have introduced regarding arriving at you allocated check in time etc. and as we have no loyalty status accepted it.

When our e ticket arrived it gave us a boarding time of 14:30 Due to our train times we arrived at the pier at about 13:40 dropped off the luggage and queued to get into the terminal, not sure if this is the norm but apparently to avoid people being unable to get off the escalator at the top on the 1st floor hence the queue outside. Anyway after a few minutes we went to the podium where you collect your check in letter and were given a "Fast pass" card :eek: I have no idea why, but the number of people sat waiting to have their letter called was a lot. Curious to know what the criteria is for these "Fast pass" cards are ?

We checked in and were onboard in 10 minutes well done pando :)

Regards.

paul

Wow I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but after being attacked on here regarding tipping I do feel that sometimes people should either not ask the question or keep things to themselves.

I am a new cruiser and was looking forward to my holiday, I asked the season cruisers here for advice and came away with a bad taste so I just hope that all this poor behaviour and judgment stays on this site and doesn't make its way onto the boat.

Snobbery is a sad thing and you are just going to have to suck it up and share your holidays with all us poor people who can only holiday once a year.

Happy holidays to us all[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but after being attacked on here regarding tipping I do feel that sometimes people should either not ask the question or keep things to themselves.

I am a new cruiser and was looking forward to my holiday, I asked the season cruisers here for advice and came away with a bad taste so I just hope that all this poor behaviour and judgment stays on this site and doesn't make its way onto the boat.

Snobbery is a sad thing and you are just going to have to suck it up and share your holidays with all us poor people who can only holiday once a year.

Fortunately I've seen very little of the rubbish you see on CC once on the ship.

Sometimes you see some passengers be rude to the crew, every now and then you come across a passenger who thinks they are super entitled, but I either pull them up or ignore them.

Every now and then then someone goes too far and discovers my mean streak.

I find it quite amusing that people want to get onboard ASAP to enjoy the ship more and then clamour to disembark at the end of the cruise ASAP as well. Bizarre and contidictary.:)

I find it quite amusing that people want to get onboard ASAP to enjoy the ship more and then clamour to disembark at the end of the cruise ASAP as well. Bizarre and contidictary.:)

Not really I think most people want to start their holiday ASAP, and not in wasting time wandering around Southampton, similarly at disembarkation you want a slick ship to shore exit so you can start your journey home immediately.

Not really I think most people want to start their holiday ASAP, and not in wasting time wandering around Southampton, similarly at disembarkation you want a slick ship to shore exit so you can start your journey home immediately.

Agreed - I certainly don't want to wander around Southampton, possibly in the rain, carrying hand luggage, or alternatively sit for a couple of hours in a shell of a terminal with basic amenities

Edited by gadabout60

There really should be a 'like' button on here!

Snobbery is sad and ugly. Everyone is trying to get on the ship to enjoy their holiday.