Silhoutte at The Open Championship

Ladesign

Watching on Sky & they keep showing pics of the beautiful Silhouette.

As the commentator said there wont be many sunbathing ! [emoji33]

Just wondering what type of cruisists go on a boat trip round my country with our lousy weather. [emoji32]

Just wondering what type of cruisists go on a boat trip round my country with our lousy weather. [emoji32]

LOL....isn't the weather in Scotland always cold and windy?;)

Not those of us who live here!

No, not really, cold and windy one day, rain and snow the next!:)

However when the sun shines it's absolutely beautiful! :)

It wasn't a criticism......just an observation:)....seems even in the middle

of July it is cold. I live in a VERY hot and humid climate and I am watching

the golf here this morning (afternoon for you)......it looks VERY COLD.

It wasn't a criticism......just an observation:)....seems even in the middle

of July it is cold. I live in a VERY hot and humid climate and I am watching

the golf here this morning (afternoon for you)......it looks VERY COLD.

An accurate observation :) In the UK it seems we can have very varied weather even in July. That's why we like to cruise in sunny climates!

We love your Florida weather especially in the winter months. Hope you enjoy the golf. Hope we can turn on the sunshine for tomorrow! :)

That the weather for the Open is far better this year than it was last...

When we arrived in Edinburgh last July, the weather was too inclement and the tides were too treacherous to tender in... Play at last year's Open--at St. Andrews--was suspended that Saturday... For those of us aboard Silhouette, it was like having an unexpected sea day--all considered, Celebrity did a nice job in responding to the change--with our destination in view when the rain wasn't torrential!

Celebrity did a nice job to appease the golf enthusiasts--I was not among them but was fine with it--by revising our itinerary to create a double overnight in Edinburgh... Saturday's play at The Open was rescheduled to Sunday and Sunday's finals were rescheduled to Monday... But in turn, our port call at Inverness was scrapped and we sailed directly to Belfast...

The weather on Sunday and Monday was a bit better--between torrential rains--and we were able to tender to a small dock just blocks from Lieth [Azamara was docked there; thankfully, we were not anchored at more distant South Queensferry as was initially planned]...

I loved my time in Edinburgh, I loved the warm/welcoming people, and I hope to someday return--to see/experience more--in better weather... If only weather could be guaranteed!

Edited by Xport

LOL....isn't the weather in Scotland always cold and windy?;)

My husband and brother played golf in Edinburgh during our May/June cruise on the Silhouette. The weather was absolutely perfect for them in Scotland, as well as Ireland, and England. They had four great warm and dry days of golf. ;)

That the weather for the Open is far better this year than it was last...

When we arrived in Edinburgh last July, the weather was too inclement and the tides were too treacherous to tender in... Play at last year's Open--at St. Andrews--was suspended that Saturday... For those of us aboard Silhouette, it was like having an unexpected sea day--all considered, Celebrity did a nice job in responding to the change--with our destination in view when the rain wasn't torrential!

Celebrity did a nice job to appease the golf enthusiasts--I was not among them but was fine with it--by revising our itinerary to create a double overnight in Edinburgh... Saturday's play at The Open was rescheduled to Sunday and Sunday's finals were rescheduled to Monday... But in turn, our port call at

Inverness was scrapped and we sailed directly to Belfast...

The weather on Sunday and Monday was a bit better--between torrential rains--and we were able to tender to a small dock just blocks from Lieth [Azamara was docked there; thankfully, we were not anchored at more distant South Queensferry as was initially

I loved my time in Edinburgh, I loved the warm/welcoming people, and I hope to someday return--to see/experience more--in better weather... If only weather could be guaranteed!

Because we stayed an extra night we were able to go to the Open for $60. We took the bus out and paid at the gate. They wanted the Open to appear crowded and people on land trips had gone home. The ship was charging $600 pp for that day. Had a wonderful time. St. Andrews is magical

Probably the same hardy souls (they seem to be mostly Canadians) that cruise the Baltic in April or early May. I cruise to get away from cold weather as a rule. The exception would be Alaska, but you won't catch me there other than late June through July. We deal with enough cold during the winter to last me the rest of the year.

I lve in South Queensferry and it's very cold today. Below 60 and windy. There is a Princess ship in town today and the passengers walking around are well wrapped up.

Lots of buses taking them to the golf it must have been pretty miserable out there today.

Scotland is worth visiting even though the weather usually sucks :)

We've been there in March (played golf at St. Andrews) and August. Not much difference in the weather. Back on the Silhouette in August. Can't wait. We expect to freeze our ***** off at the Tattoo but we'll be sure to be smiling on our way back to the ship.

A good single malt or two will be sure to take care of any weather issues!

We deal with enough cold during the winter to last me the rest of the year.

I agree!! I really can't imagine that Scotland is going to be cold when we arrive in mid-August (it's hard for me to imagine any place in Europe being cold in August). Supposedly it will be in the 50-60's which is mild to me.

We'll be in Iceland pre-cruise and it's never been cold there in the months we've visited before - July, Sept. and Oct. Even Sept. in Alaska was warm. I think "cold" might be a subjective term, but I'm definitely not bringing a winter coat. Some lighter layers for cool weather will have to do. ;)

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Great to see posts from over the pond saying 'the open'.

Makes my blood pressure rise when i hear 'British Open' . same would apply if anyone was to say 'american masters '

I once played troon on a nice sunny september day , no wind temps in the 70's . still didnt break 80 either round, [emoji32]

I am one of those cruisists & am enjoying it. I thought I was reasonably normal. Perhaps I should seek help from a mental health professional.

I am one of those cruisists & am enjoying it. I thought I was reasonably normal. Perhaps I should seek help from a mental health professional.

Absolutely not . your profile lists skiing & wine as interests - person after my own heart.

Skiing in Scotland not good , wine even worse. They drink some strange whiskey concoction up there. Haggis is good though .

Make the most of it , few years time you will need Euros to buy things & a visa to get into England from there . I am trying to secure a job with Border Control at Gretna [emoji33][emoji33]

We are looking at an Eclipse cruise next June that goes around Britain and Ireland. Mostly places we've never seen and we don't need sun to enjoy ourselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ladesign us sensible ones will just move beside you!!!!

It was our grandaughters 18th last August and we had planned an outdoor party but we all ended up huddled inside a gazebo with the rain waterfalling of the sides and jackets on so I might think about bringing that winter coat.

Irene