Refillable Water Bottles

Shayhooper

One person said they were told by NCL that they were not allowed any longer. Not sure if the person was told that didn't understand what the rep was saying or if the rep told her the wrong thing or the person was just trying to stir the pot up more, but I really don't believe it and I wasn't told that when I spoke with the executive offices.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Are refillable water bottles still allowed on board? My husband and I always travel with a couple so we can always have water with us.

I just got off the Gem today- you can take a refillable bottle with you- I had one all week and it was no problem to refill it at the buffet all day long.

One person said they were told by NCL that they were not allowed any longer. Not sure if the person was told that didn't understand what the rep was saying or if the rep told her the wrong thing or the person was just trying to stir the pot up more, but I really don't believe it and I wasn't told that when I spoke with the executive offices.

I really think it was a misunderstanding. I remember reading it. I THINK the issue was really over the filling of the water bottle - using the "faucet" at the buffet rather than using using glasses. The statement was something like, "I'm going to take a water bottle and fill it at the buffet." NCL responded that wasn't allowed.

I just got off the Gem today- you can take a refillable bottle with you- I had one all week and it was no problem to refill it at the buffet all day long.

I believe the poster wanted to know how this related to the new policy. Since you boarded the ship before July 15 your experience could be different. Basically we need to wait till people disembark next week to find out.

Of course they are allowed! On the ship, you can get water anywhere, anytime...no need to carry it around with you. Fill a bottle to take ashore, if you feel the need.

I would assume that too. But we are not allowed to take them into Cowboys stadium.

Are refillable water bottles still allowed on board? My husband and I always travel with a couple so we can always have water with us.

Of course they are as long as they are empty when you take them on the ship m

Of course they are allowed! On the ship, you can get water anywhere, anytime...no need to carry it around with you. Fill a bottle to take ashore, if you feel the need.

I almost always carry a water bottle around with me, even at home and work. It holds more than the average cup, keeps it cooler, keeps debris out, doesn't spill if knocked over, and needs to refilled less often.

Originally Posted by DMH15 viewpost.gif

I would assume that too. But we are not allowed to take them into Cowboys stadium.

But at the stadium they don't provide unlimited free water like they do on a ship.

not to hijack the thread but

Water Fountains

There are water fountains conveniently located throughout the stadium (cowboy stadium)

The comment about not allowing personal,water bottles was in a thread that was removed by the mods. It had a lot of absolutely ridiculous " statements from NCL" that were so over the top I actually thought the OP was joking or imtoxicated.

NCL sells reusable water bottles in the gift shops on board. They won't be confiscating bottles Or searching luggage.

We always have a pitcher of iced water brought to the cabin. My "green" kids fill from that and they are happy little tree huggers.

If I want water I drink it from a glass or use the bottle that is gratis in the cabin.

On our alaskan cruise, it was not allowed to refill bottles at the bufett. And for me ist Is fine, because think about germs. If everybody puts his/her used bottle next to where the liquid comes out:eek: Thats not hygenic.

Marie

I am not a native english speaker, so please excuse my english

I know you are not allowed to use the dispenser at the buffet to fill your water bottles. Some mentioned a faucet. Aside from the faucet at your bathroom, where would you find a faucet?

When I need to refill my water bottle, I bring it to the buffet and use a clean glass to fill it. I have also found that the bartenders at various bars are usually very happy to refill my water bottle, as they can do so quite easily, as long as I remove the lid.

I am thinking of buying a water bottle that includes a filter. Does anyone have one that they would recommend?

We just ordered two of these for our cruise in Sept.

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-Sided-Bottle-Filter/dp/B00AB8NOPY/ref=pd_sim_79_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=31PQ1JBUPNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=CR1X98QNWMQ801D33CW8

Jim

• 3 months later...

is carrying a few empty bottles going to cause my luggage to be searched? our plan for us and the kids was bring 4 empty bottles on board and using the official approved method, filling them and keeping the bottles full of tea/lemonade/water from the buffet, in the room fridge for when we get thirsty and dont want to leave the room.

Just off The Dawn and we used our nalgenes all the time. You can use a cup to refill at the buffet or any bartender was happy to refill. A funny thing happened in Jamaica. We refilled before leaving, and husband still had ship water in his bottle when we returned. They made him empty it before returning on board. This was not an issue in the 6 other ports. We just had to shake our heads, laugh, and go back to the bartender on board.

Just off The Dawn and we used our nalgenes all the time. You can use a cup to refill at the buffet or any bartender was happy to refill. A funny thing happened in Jamaica. We refilled before leaving, and husband still had ship water in his bottle when we returned. They made him empty it before returning on board. This was not an issue in the 6 other ports. We just had to shake our heads, laugh, and go back to the bartender on board.

SMH indeed. i def wont be taking any bottles on port stops though.

what also sucks for me is i have half case of NCL bottled water i did buy on board a month ago. but i know i cannot take it back on board in a month..