What's your favorite item on the buffet?

gatorphin

Since I am not a real fan of the buffet not much comes to mind.....EXCEPT..... the banana bread at breakfast. OMG its so good. Very moist and tasty. I always take 4 or 5 slices and take them back to the cabin if I want a snack later. It's sliced really thin.

Another vote for the banana bread! Also love the bowls of fruit, especially the grapefruit. Love that they do all the work for me!

The the person who said 'Pizza', I raise a glass and say, 'To you, my good sir'.

For me, there's no substitute for a buffet than good old Pizza! If we're talking about freshly made, then I'd say veal.

But or else, there really isn't a substitute to Pizza, at least for me personally. Being from Vancouver, I like to treat myself to a slice of Freshslice Pizza every now and then but then you wouldn't expect to find the exact same while on a cruise though there's been many a times when I've thought of ordering some online and sneaking them aboard. ;):):) Guilty as charged.

Edited by Taylor_Liven

I feel like I must have missed out on all the great food my last cruise. We ate in the MDR every night and most breakfasts, and when we ate Lido for lunch, I usually ate at one of the specialty places. (a burrito, or stirfry). I'm going to remember to check some of these out on our upcoming trip - where I doubt I'll be in MDR as often.

For breakfast I like omelettes, for lunch I like whatever they have when it is Caribbean day, and I don't go to the buffet for dinner.

However, my absolute favorite food on any ship is the Indian food from the Tandoor that is near the deli on Dream class ships. If that counts as part of the buffet it wins hands down.

My buffet favorites:

Breakfast: Omelettes; bacon; home fries; banana bread and fruit

Lunch: Tuna melt on rye with cheese from the deli; turkey ruben also from the deli; pizza

Dinner: Chicken Parmesan, lasagna, carved turkey

Desserts: apple crumb cake on embarkation day lunch, key lime pie, chocolate chip cookies

For breakfast I like omelettes' date=' for lunch I like whatever they have when it is Caribbean day, and I don't go to the buffet for dinner.

However, my absolute favorite food on any ship is the Indian food from the Tandoor that is near the deli on Dream class ships. If that counts as part of the buffet it wins hands down.[/quote']

Tandoor, Yes! agree. I forgot about this with respect to the buffet, because I only got to enjoy it once on the Freedom, (pre 2.0). And am looking forward to it again on my upcoming Splendor cruise:)

Breakfast is usually the only time that we eat at the buffet. My favorites would be: fried egg (over medium) from the omelette spot, grits, bacon or sausage. I also enjoy the french toast.

After reading this thread, I'm going to make a mental note to try the key lime pie on embarkation day and also to get a chocolate chip cookie or two during the cruise. :D

Key lime pie--the only good dessert they have.

Leg of lamb.

Some of the soups are good.

Sometimes the fish is good.

At the deli the tuna is good as is a reuben with double pastrami instead of corned beef, double sauerkraut toasted extra long so it browns. (They usually don't let it toast long enough.)

Mongolian wok is great.

Never saw veal.

Most of the vegetables are cooked to death.

Love Guy's but that's not buffet. Wish BI had a hard taco shell.

For breakfast a soft scrambled egg, sausage (not the hot dog they have some days) and a croissant. Why is the butter never near the bread?? It's tough to get someone to soft scramble an egg properly. I can't do it at home. When I break down and go to Waffle House they get it right.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

Breakfast..... the fresh fruit. I live for cantaloupe and watermelon, which my DH hates, so having someone peel and cut up both and set them out for me every morning, HEAVEN! Sometimes they have mango, segmented oranges, and pineapple, too.

Lunch.... I like the salad bar, and any Caribbean dish, especially ones with fish and yes, fruit.

If the ship has Blue Iguana, I am happy, too.

All the items on my plate! :D

Honestly I've never had anything that was "bad". Things didn't agree with my palate, but I had that suspicion when I got a portion of it and that was more due to my prejudice(s) than the actual food.

But to list things that I might eat 'til I split:

Fresh pineapple

Fresh watermelon

Pizza

Let's see there is a lot if you add in all the eating places on the Lido.

Buttered chicken from the Tandoor

Reuben from the Deli

Cheeseburger from Guys and I add bacon, grilled onions, mayo on mine

on the actual buffet there is this minty chocolate cake on embarkation day that's good. also one night they have mushroom alfredo that's good and the crab cakes. And you can't go wrong with the proscuitto slices