Pokemon Go??

nanabananna

Just wondering if anyone has seen the Pokémon on a Princess ship??

I don't play, but I know quite a few do play... I was just wondering where they are hiding. :eek:

There aren't any "spawn points" at sea, due to the way the game currently works--could change in the future--but some cruise ports should have them.

However, if you have a good enough internet connection (not sure if such a thing exists on Princess), you can use a game item called "incense" to attract Pokemon to your location. Should work at sea.

My advance sympathies for the rude responses you will likely get after this one. ;)

Edited by AdoraBelle

We are boarding the CB in August and the rumor has it that ditto will be aboard the ship! One of our fellow pax had to google ditto to see who that was and then posted it so the rest of us would know what it is. :rolleyes:

Victoria BC. When you get off the ship to the right is the Breakwater, loads of them. Consider them souveniers from your trip. As a local, i see many cruisers collecting them while in port. That being said, put the phones down and enjoy the sites, then just before boarding hunt away!

OMG:eek: Please say we are not going to have this ridiculous craze on ships too:eek::eek:

It's looking that way. As I said elsewhere I'm fast getting over people walking into me because they're concentrating on this craze rather than watching where they're going.

Someone is going to get hurt real bad.

It's looking that way. As I said elsewhere I'm fast getting over people walking into me because they're concentrating on this craze rather than watching where they're going.

Someone is going to get hurt real bad.

I assume you mean that someone will be injured by walking into traffic and not that you are threatening them with harm. :D;)

Who determines where the figures will pop up? :confused:

I see no harm in playing a game as long as they're not taking up space in the Horizon buffet of hogging a chair at the pool. ;)

And watching where they're going.

There aren't any "spawn points" at sea, due to the way the game currently works--could change in the future--but some cruise ports should have them.

However, if you have a good enough internet connection (not sure if such a thing exists on Princess), you can use a game item called "incense" to attract Pokemon to your location. Should work at sea.

My advance sympathies for the rude responses you will likely get after this one. ;)

i used the net a couple of times on golden princess for the short time i used it was fine with me

I assume you mean that someone will be injured by walking into traffic and not that you are threatening them with harm. :D;)

one walked across 6 lanes of traffic in richmond victoria austalia playing it did not look at all someone nearly hit them yelled at them what are you doing they said playing pokemon got told to get off the road then lucky for them it was grid lock just about and traffic was moving slowly [walking pace maybe]

depending on where it was either a 60 kilometre zone or a 70 k zone

I will say my two boys play it and I have to tell them "Be Careful" look up, don't be stupid, etc. At least they are outside "walking" and getting away from their computers - Maybe kids in general will get more exercise :)

one walked across 6 lanes of traffic in richmond victoria austalia playing it did not look at all someone nearly hit them yelled at them what are you doing they said playing pokemon got told to get off the road then lucky for them it was grid lock just about and traffic was moving slowly [walking pace maybe]

Recently near San Diego, two people walked off a cliff while focused on the game! :eek: They were more concerned about virtual reality than the physical reality of falling down a cliff...luckily they survived.

I wonder how many Pokemon Go players will be Darwin Award winners? :p

Based on this quote from the CC article the cost for data on a Princess ship should prevent most from playing the game.

"There are a few logistical problems to playing Pokemon Go onboard that we see right off the bat. While Pokemon Go can be run on Wi-Fi, you'd need a hefty data package to run the game at sea".

Recently near San Diego, two people walked off a cliff while focused on the game! :eek: They were more concerned about virtual reality than the physical reality of falling down a cliff...luckily they survived.

I wonder how many Pokemon Go players will be Darwin Award winners? :p

Based on this quote from the CC article the cost for data on a Princess ship should prevent most from playing the game.

"There are a few logistical problems to playing Pokemon Go onboard that we see right off the bat. While Pokemon Go can be run on Wi-Fi, you'd need a hefty data package to run the game at sea".

That 'cliff' story has been passed around a lot as a sign of how evil Pokemon Go is, but it's several weeks old now. You can probably find something newer, considering millions of people are playing it everyday. :)

same risk as texting while walking, and worse while driving.

I am 58 years old and my wife (54) and our two adult girls love the game. We went downtown this past Saturday to the main street market at 9 am, walked for two hours around the market, up around our State House while the ladies played the Pokemon game and I kept them from running over folks or walking into the street. It was a great way to experience our downtown area and spend time together, we walked about 2 miles. Also fun to see the many, many families also out together enjoying the day together playing Pokemon Go.

I would love to see folks play the game on the ship. No worse than the people who are unable to wait for me to get out of the elevator before running me over as soon as the door opens, cutting in line at the buffet, chair hogs at the pool and saving 10 seats in the theater 30 minutes before shown time and only 3 family members show up.

Stop acting like our parents and live a little, just enjoy the cruise!

I am 58 years old and my wife (54) and our two adult girls love the game. We went downtown this past Saturday to the main street market at 9 am, walked for two hours around the market, up around our State House while the ladies played the Pokemon game and I kept them from running over folks or walking into the street. It was a great way to experience our downtown area and spend time together, we walked about 2 miles. Also fun to see the many, many families also out together enjoying the day together playing Pokemon Go.

I would love to see folks play the game on the ship. No worse than the people who are unable to wait for me to get out of the elevator before running me over as soon as the door opens, cutting in line at the buffet, chair hogs at the pool and saving 10 seats in the theater 30 minutes before shown time and only 3 family members show up.

Stop acting like our parents and live a little, just enjoy the cruise!

Love it.

I'm pretty sure my MiL is higher level in the game than I am. :)