A/C on Anthem

On the Anthem does the A/C in the room go off when you leave the room?

Have not sailed Anthem, we are sailing in a month, but from all the research I have done, I have read that there is a slot that you must put a sea pass or another card in that is a master switch. What people do and what we plan to do is bring an old gift card and leave it in the slot to keep the a/c on while we are gone.

That's just what I wanted to know. My DH would be miserable if he walked into a warm room.

Thank you!

You're welcome.:)

There is a review on here somewhere with a picture of the slot and the thermostat, but I can't find it.

That is very environmentally friendly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That huge cruise ship that you like to sail on is really environmentally friendly too.:rolleyes:

Edited by reallyitsmema

That's just what I wanted to know. My DH would be miserable if he walked into a warm room.

Thank you!

Give your room attendant a good pre tip or he/she may remove the card. They have been instructed to do so.

:cool:

You had them remove your card on Anthem? Haven't seen anyone post that at all.

When we were on Anthem I used an old grocery store club card like a previous poster said but I discovered that our room attendant would remove our card and use his card while he was in the room and then put mine back in when he was finished. The way I found this out was one day when we got back to our cabin the lights in the bathroom did not work. I took the card out of the slot and then put it back in and the lights came on. I guess when he put it in it did not go in all the way so just check that first if something doesn't work.

Guest maddycat
In one trip on Quantum and two on Anthem, the steward did NOT remove our card. (And, we didn't pre-tip)

Same experience. We also don't pre-tip. We leave an old AAA card in the slot. On both of our previous cruises (one on Quantum and one on Anthem) the cabin attendant did not remove the card.

We left our card in for the entire cruise(9 days). No one removed it. However we found that whenever we opened and closed the balcony door the ac would not reset. Maintenance came to reset it a few times but it continued to happen. We suggested they change the sensor at the door and it solved the problem.

Give your room attendant a good pre tip or he/she may remove the card. They have been instructed to do so.

:cool:

:eek: That's not what we were told.

During our cruises on Anthem this past April, upon boarding, our cabin attendant asked if we wanted a card to keep in the slot all the time. We declined as we brought one from our Quantum cruise.

We used an old Marriott card on our recent Anthem cruise. Our cabin steward never remove ours but our kids cabin steward did. When we first entered our room the cabin steward had left her own key card in the slot and I removed it and gave it back to her. She also left some old yogurt cups on the table, I gave her those back too.

We used an old Marriott card on our recent Anthem cruise. Our cabin steward never remove ours but our kids cabin steward did. When we first entered our room the cabin steward had left her own key card in the slot and I removed it and gave it back to her. She also left some old yogurt cups on the table, I gave her those back too.

You made me chuckle out loud. Again. :D

:eek: That's not what we were told.

During our cruises on Anthem this past April, upon boarding, our cabin attendant asked if we wanted a card to keep in the slot all the time. We declined as we brought one from our Quantum cruise.

I highly suspect that was that steward doing his own thing, because guest services will not issue additional cards. We tried. Twice. The only option we were given was a WOW band.