BOGO first two nights at Specialty resturants

When booking dining reservations for an upcoming Anthem cruise one of the options was to pre purchase BOGO dining at specialty restaurants for the first two nights. We usually get a coupon for this because we are Diamond plus and book this onboard. However if this is available to all to book I feel that I should pre book the specialty restaurants now. Is it possible that the RCCL web site adds this option only because we are diamond plus?

D + get bogo first 2 nights only onboard not pre booked. Don't know about this offer being offered to just any passenger. They might offer 20% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've offered this across the fleet, crossing my fingers I can get it in November. The DW and I plan not not go to the MDR this time around.

So I guess this offer is for all that sail on our Nov. Anthem cruise and not just for Diamond plus and above (there goes another benefit). So I will pre book in order to assure we get a reservations.

So, can I book the BOGO, pay prior to the cruise and then get a refund when I use my coupon?

It was sometimes hard to get a convenient time slot when the option was just for D+, but now if is open to all, I guess there will be fewer available slots for those who wait till boarding day. Since the entire ship appears to have the same opportunity as D+ , I don't want to wait to book on boarding day.

Thanks, M

The D+ BOGO has never worked in advance. If you want to guarantee a time on your first night and don't want to risk waiting until you board you have to pay for 2 and then present the voucher and the 50% reduction will be credited back to you.

I called Royal about this and they told me that this promotion is only offered on select cruises. When selected on-line you choose only a dining time and prepay $30.00 for each person. According to the rep., when on board the ship one chooses the specialty restaurant they want to dine at either on the first or second night of the cruise, then choose the next dinner at another specialty restaurant for any other night of the cruise.

when on board the ship one chooses the specialty restaurant they want to dine at either on the first or second night of the cruise, then choose the next dinner at another specialty restaurant for any other night of the cruise.

Are you sure the passenger gets to choose the restaurant?

I was about to take advantage of this offer for an upcoming cruise aboard the Anthem, but was hesitant after reading "Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf once onboard in two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise" in my cruise planner. This verbiage also seems to indicate that you must dine in a specialty rest on nights 1 and 2 only.

Will RCL allow flexibility in choosing both the restaurants and the nights when taking advantage of this offer?

Edited by glimmertrip

Are you sure the passenger gets to choose the restaurant?

I was about to take advantage of this offer for an upcoming cruise aboard the Anthem, but was hesitant after reading "Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf once onboard in two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise" in my cruise planner. This verbiage also seems to indicate that you must dine in a specialty rest on nights 1 and 2 only.

Will RCL allow flexibility in choosing both the restaurants and the nights when taking advantage of this offer?

According to the rep I talked to the first night must be either night 1 or 2 (I read that dining is night 1 and night 2 only). The first night according to the rep once onboard the reservation can be changed to a restaurant of your choice.

I had this BOGO offer on my last cruise on the Anthem, and this is how it works: you purchase the offer for $30 per person, and can only choose the time you want to dine on the first night. Royal will make the reservations on your behalf at the time you chose on two specialty restaurants of their choosing on the first and second night. When you first get to your cabin, there will be a leaflet indicating the time at restaurants that were reserved for you. In my case, I had Chops for the first night and Jamie's for the second. Since I wanted to try Wonderland, I just went to the Wonderland host right away, in the afternoon of my first cruise day, and asked her to switch from Jamie's to Wonderland, and that's it. So, if you are not happy with the reservations Royal made for you, you are free to switch both the restaurant and dining time once onboard.

I had this BOGO offer on my last cruise on the Anthem, and this is how it works: you purchase the offer for $30 per person, and can only choose the time you want to dine on the first night. Royal will make the reservations on your behalf at the time you chose on two specialty restaurants of their choosing on the first and second night. When you first get to your cabin, there will be a leaflet indicating the time at restaurants that were reserved for you. In my case, I had Chops for the first night and Jamie's for the second. Since I wanted to try Wonderland, I just went to the Wonderland host right away, in the afternoon of my first cruise day, and asked her to switch from Jamie's to Wonderland, and that's it. So, if you are not happy with the reservations Royal made for you, you are free to switch both the restaurant and dining time once onboard.

Thanks for the info from someone that's done it. Was also wondering, since most of the specialty restaurants single price is more than $30.00 do they charge extra for the difference in price. For instance when you went to Chops

Did you have to pay extra to switch to Wonderland? The normal cover charge for Wonderland is much more than $30 per person. Seems like a screaming deal!

We are using the pre-purchase BOGO on the Harmony TA and hoping we might be able to use our D+ BOGO later in the cruise. If not, no big deal. But would much rather do Wonderland and 150 Central Park than Chops and Jamies!

Thanks for the info from someone that's done it. Was also wondering, since most of the specialty restaurants single price is more than $30.00 do they charge extra for the difference in price. For instance when you went to Chops

Did you have to pay extra to switch to Wonderland? The normal cover charge for Wonderland is much more than $30 per person. Seems like a screaming deal!

We are using the pre-purchase BOGO on the Harmony TA and hoping we might be able to use our D+ BOGO later in the cruise. If not, no big deal. But would much rather do Wonderland and 150 Central Park than Chops and Jamies!

Absolutely not, you won't have to pay anything extra! Even the service tax is included already. So yes, it IS a good deal! Only things not included are:

- Drinks (obviously, unless you have a drinks package as well)

- Anything stated on the menu as extra fee (such as the dry-aged cuts in Chops)

- Chef's Table

Also keep in mind that if you go to Izumi, or any other A La Carte restaurant (where instead of a single per person fee you pay for each dish ordered), instead of getting the dinner for free you get a $30 discount on the final food bill per person.

The restaurants are reserved by Royal and you won't know until you get onboard which ones were reserved for you, so you probably won't get Chops and Jamie's like I did, but it is irrelevant since you can change both restaurants to any one you want, given they have a slot available of course.

And do go to Wonderland! It is by far the best gastronomic experience I've ever had in my life! Not only that, I have never eaten so much before on a single dinner! :D Totally worth it, especially on this deal!

Edited by PQI

Thanks PQI and SeaDays4me for your responses.

PQI, do you know if the Anthem also gave some flexibility in allowing you to use your second specialty dining on some night other than sea day 2?

You're welcome! Not that I know of, but I haven't tried it. They are pretty specific on the package description that it is only for the first two nights, so I wouldn't count on it.

So, can I book the BOGO, pay prior to the cruise and then get a refund when I use my coupon?

It was sometimes hard to get a convenient time slot when the option was just for D+, but now if is open to all, I guess there will be fewer available slots for those who wait till boarding day. Since the entire ship appears to have the same opportunity as D+ , I don't want to wait to book on boarding day.

Thanks, M

We always e mail the Concierge about a week before our cruise and ask him/her to make a reservation for us on the first night. Sometimes they ask if we shall be using our BOGO, always works out fine for us.

The D+ BOGO has never worked in advance. If you want to guarantee a time on your first night and don't want to risk waiting until you board you have to pay for 2 and then present the voucher and the 50% reduction will be credited back to you.

If you pre book just one D+ person and 2 of you turn up......has anyone done that?

Sent from my iPad mini 4 using Tapatalk

Has anyone had any experience booking for a single traveler? My husband and I are going to book the bogo. We are travelling with a solo and wonder how or if they can use their D+ bogo to pay for one night and get the other night free.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Has anyone had any experience booking for a single traveler? My husband and I are going to book the bogo. We are travelling with a solo and wonder how or if they can use their D+ bogo to pay for one night and get the other night free.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Talk to the restaurant people before the dinner, they will usually work something out.

Edited by clarea