re: stateroom bridge cam sound

mya603

Last year on the Grand Princess, the bridge cam had music playing all day and all night. I was wondering if the Regal plays music on it's bridge cam? I would like to leave the bridge cam up all the time but that music gets annoying after a while. And I don't want to mute the sound because then I couldn't hear any announcements. Any thoughts?

No bridge cam music on our recent Island Princess cruise. It seems like a bad idea to me.

I'm not sure what announcements you are talking about getting over the TV. Other than the naturalist in Glacier Bay or something of that sort I don't recall announcements over the TV and, if it was something of that sort, there would definitely not be any music at that time anyway.

No bridge cam music on our recent Island Princess cruise. It seems like a bad idea to me.

I'm not sure what announcements you are talking about getting over the TV. Other than the naturalist in Glacier Bay or something of that sort I don't recall announcements over the TV and, if it was something of that sort, there would definitely not be any music at that time anyway.

Don't remember music! But then don't often watch Bridge Cam on ship!

Hey Thrak, I see by you signature that you are booked on the Oct. 8, 2017 Hawaii, Samoa and Fr. Polynesia cruise! That is great, come over to the following:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50674390#post50674390

We would love to have you join us!

Just Mike

Shipwide announcements can be heard on the bridge cam channel.

Don't remember music! But then don't often watch Bridge Cam on ship!

Hey Thrak, I see by you signature that you are booked on the Oct. 8, 2017 Hawaii, Samoa and Fr. Polynesia cruise! That is great, come over to the following:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50674390#post50674390

We would love to have you join us!

Just Mike

Holy cow! I didn't even check for a roll call this far out. I made one for our recent Alaska cruise and started it an insane time before the cruise but figured I was just weirdo. I'll definitely head over there and check it out. :)

Last year on the Grand Princess, the bridge cam had music playing all day and all night. I was wondering if the Regal plays music on it's bridge cam? I would like to leave the bridge cam up all the time but that music gets annoying after a while. And I don't want to mute the sound because then I couldn't hear any announcements. Any thoughts?

I guess you're doomed. LOL. I can't be 100% sure, but I think there has been music on every bridge cam channel I've experienced.

Our cruise on the Ruby next month is the first time that DH and I will have an inside cabin. I thought I remember reading somewhere,,,( I don't know where) that if we left the tv on to the bridge cam over night, then it would be like waking up to the sunrise (like having a window). Is that true? Does anyone know, or have done it?

Cathy

Our cruise on the Ruby next month is the first time that DH and I will have an inside cabin. I thought I remember reading somewhere,,,( I don't know where) that if we left the tv on to the bridge cam over night, then it would be like waking up to the sunrise (like having a window). Is that true? Does anyone know, or have done it?

Cathy

We do that all the time............just be ready for the sun to pop up early...........we do mute it for overnight so no sound.............almost like a window............

Sharon

Holy cow! I didn't even check for a roll call this far out. I made one for our recent Alaska cruise and started it an insane time before the cruise but figured I was just weirdo. I'll definitely head over there and check it out. :)

Not weird at all. We're booked on a cruise for May 2018 and the roll call started 2 months ago.

On the Royal this past winter there was no music on the bridge cam channel. Public area P.A. announcements such as those from the CD, or those from the passenger service desk will be heard on that channel. The Royal has interactive TV with music channels. I assume the Regal has the same.