Distance from port to Mr. Sanchos....

Shippy

Was just told about a great place to go in Cozumel called Mr. Sanchos all inclusive resort.

Only $55. per day pass.

Anyone know how far away from the port this is ?

Thanks

It's a 15-20 minute taxi ride. Last time we did Nachi Cocom (just south of Mr. Sanchos), the taxi cost $18 for 1-4 people, one-way.

Was just told about a great place to go in Cozumel called Mr. Sanchos all inclusive resort.

Only $55. per day pass.

Thanks

We have done the romance package twice now and loved it, I would recommend paying for cabs in pesos when your able as the exchange rate to cabs use is almost half the actual exchange rate right now

Only $55. per day pass.

Thanks

15 minutes, about $20 US for cab ( all fees are pre-set for cabs ). Definitely a great place to spend the day, go in morning and then take cab downtown in afternoon for some shopping before heading back to pier.

It's about 15 minutes from the pier. We, as we are not drinkers, did Paradise Beach. It cost $5 per person to get in as long as you spend $10 per person. It has a very nice pool to go along. When we were there in April, there was a lot of sea weeds up & down the entire beach community. they had workers scooping the weeds. Inflatables are extra.

I used to go to Mr.Sanchos all the time and loved it.

Over the last few years they have been on a steady decline.

No more music, no ice buckets, and prices have increased a lot.

Also service has dropped, we had to keep getting up and tracking down our server each time we needed a drink.

They focus more attention on policing the water toys to make sure there is no kids without the wristbands playing on them.

We now go elsewhere.....

Edited by matj2000

Only $55. per day pass.

Thanks

If you book it online you can save $5.00 per person for the all inclusive package. We use Shore Excursioneer to book it and get the discount. The deposit is automatically refunded if the ship does not make port. If you change your mind about going, and give them notice, they will also refund your deposit. The deposit is around $10.00. Occasionally we have arrived in port to find lousy weather. In that case, we just lose our deposit and go downtown to have lunch.

We have not found that it has declined. In fact, the facilities have improved with the addition of another pool on the AI side and the tables and chairs have been replaced with better ones. We get the same great food and service we have always gotten from the same waiters who have been there for years and years. The coconut shrimp is to die for. The Shrimp cocktail is great too.

We always come out way ahead doing the AI rather than going a la carte. But, if you are not drinkers and don't plan on more than a snack the a la carte option might be better for you. There is no cover charge on the a la carte side.

Edited by DebJ14

Could you tell me how far in advance you booked this excursion. We are a party of 8 and are thinking of doing this in April 30th cruise on the Liberty.

Why not just follow the link and book it now?

It looks like there are seven ships in port that day! :eek:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcozumelmexico-05may2017.html

Edited by Merion_Mom

Why not just follow the link and book it now?

It looks like there are seven ships in port that day! :eek:

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcozumelmexico-05may2017.html

OMG thanks for the heads up, didn't realize there were that many in port. Was afraid it was way too early. I'll be lucky to get in with the resort only accepting 100 cruise passengers

I used to go to Mr.Sanchos all the time and loved it.

Over the last few years they have been on a steady decline.

No more music, no ice buckets, and prices have increased a lot.

Also service has dropped, we had to keep getting up and tracking down our server each time we needed a drink.

They focus more attention on policing the water toys to make sure there is no kids without the wristbands playing on them.

We now go elsewhere.....

We were there for the first time in January of 2017. Not overly impressed. We have been to Nachi too and see no need to go beck there as well. Where are you going now?

We did the Bar Hop in March of 16 and had a blast. We are going back in Sept. again. But I always like to have a different option for future cruise trips.

JoeRum

Edited by JoeRum

Could you tell me how far in advance you booked this excursion. We are a party of 8 and are thinking of doing this in April 30th cruise on the Liberty.

I booked 90 days in advance, their website is pretty good about letting you know what availability is. As said, they limit to 100. I think Freedom and Navigator were the only 2 ships in port when we were there and 53 people showed up. It was perfect.