No more complimentary soft serve ice cream on the 'Australian based' Princess ships?

NSWP

Golden had the Elite Lounge on the April repo cruise. They used Skywalkers, blocking the whole access walkway off as well. :mad:

Good work, we wouldn't want any of the riff raff mingling with the hoi poloi:rolleyes:

I was also referring to the ice cream.

Good morning again Sports Fans !! So I worked it out, an ice cream loving couple on Sun Princess, current 104 day 'Worldie,' right? Now they have to pay $5 each for a NZ ice cream= $10 per day a couple. So for the entire cruise a daily ice cream up on deck will cost them around $1000. Crikey, fair suck of the sav, put the freebie soft serve back on !! Pax are paying heaps for those 'Worldies.'

Edited by NSWP

The Diamond Princess, (I think Golden Princess) and the Emerald Princess should have the Elite Lounge.

Will let you know about the Emerald Princess, during our cruise :)

Yes, those ships have the Elite Lounge, even when here just for the season. Wife and Grand Daughter were on Diamond in January, gave the Elite Lounge @ Sky Walkers a work out.

On Island Princess in November, Elite Lounge is in Explorers Lounge. We shall pay a visit or three, as you do.

Edited by NSWP

Good morning again Sports Fans !! So I worked it out, an ice cream loving couple on Sun Princess, current 104 day 'Worldie,' right? Now they have to pay $5 each for a NZ ice cream= $10 per day a couple. So for the entire cruise a daily ice cream up on deck will cost them around $1000. Crikey, fair suck of the sav, put the freebie soft serve back on !! Pax are paying heaps for those 'Worldies.'

Yep and that's just one a day.

Our first cruise was on the Pcific Princess, now they had some nice ice cream in the MDR but no where to get an ice cream cone, when we got to Melbourne, we were both ready to kill for a nice ice cream cone, couldn't find anywhere, asked at the information booth in the city centre the best they could suggest was Coles or woollies, fortunately when we got to Hobart a few days later we found somewhere, funny sometimes you get a real craving.

I am not that fussed on ice cream, but if I were, I would just ask for double scoops at dinner.

Yep and that's just one a day.

Our first cruise was on the Pcific Princess, now they had some nice ice cream in the MDR but no where to get an ice cream cone, when we got to Melbourne, we were both ready to kill for a nice ice cream cone, couldn't find anywhere, asked at the information booth in the city centre the best they could suggest was Coles or woollies, fortunately when we got to Hobart a few days later we found somewhere, funny sometimes you get a real craving.

I sometimes get cravings, just not for icecream.:p

Definitely needs an ice cream card.

One can always travel on Celebrity where the icecream , cone and soft serve are still free

Not free !! 'No additional Charge !!

Nothing is free on a cruise ship, you have paid for it somewhere in your cruise fare.

Trust Uncle Les.

Not free !! 'No additional Charge !!

Nothing is free on a cruise ship, you have paid for it somewhere in your cruise fare.

Trust Uncle Les.

Technically you are correct.

However, I will give you some advice for free.:p

WE are on the World Cruise 2017. We will be happy to pay for real Ice Cream

NOT that we will eat it every day. Who would want an Ice Cream in Melbourne or Freemantle in late May :):confused::eek:

We did 42 days on the Sea a Princess this year. The ice creams were not free but we were able on some occasions to order a double served in two cones so we had one each at a big discount.

Also you can use your coffee card to purchase ice creams and shakes etc. Again a good discount.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The smart way around the bean counters just go to MDR and order two scoops of icecream. Flavours vary daily .

Nothing on a cruise ship is free, inclusive YES but free definitely not.

Why limit it to two scoops? I stay with one or two but my 'other half' always orders three scoops of different flavours.:)

Why limit it to two scoops? I stay with one or two but my 'other half' always orders three scoops of different flavours.:)

I am not the only ice cream glutton in the MDR then? I like to try all the flavours, quality control you know, someone has to do it, so the Food and Beverage Manager gave me the job, LOL.

Good to know, cheers. Although I would prefer the coffee to the ice cream.

Coffee flavoured ice cream is one of my favourites, they have that sometimes in the MDR.

I have a triple.