Opinions on Neptune Suite?

VintageGeo

Suite breakfast in Pinnacle Grill is one of the nicest perks aside from sailing on a very b eautiful ship with agreat crew

we always enjoy use of and access to Neptune Lounge. We have sailed those suites sincetatendam first joined the fleet. She was the first to havr CATEGORY "S" Suires asTHEY WERE THEN CALLED.

Edited by sail7seas

We had that room for a 24 day South Pacific cruise. Loved every second of it. I echo what others have said about proximity to lounge, great coffee, snacks, concierge, etc. Awesome.

We also loved the included laundry, breakfast in the pinnacle everyday, and priority embarkation.

My only beef was we had terrible tables for dinner and long waits on open seating. Reservations were only available for seating at 5:30. Having a Neptune suite didn't seem to help at all.

We were in a Neptune last March on Westerdam. We had room service on the balcony several times. The room steward would ask if we where we were dining. When we told him we had ordered room service, he told us to go ahead and enjoy the balcony. He would catch the room service delivery and bring it to the balcony which meant we didn't have to wait by the door.

Unfortunately we learned twice there is no priority to get through any pre-sceening security lines (San Diego).

Only after we got through security, and then went to the ship check in desk - were we whisked to the priority boarding desk.

Which some times may have a longer line than some of the empty check-in desks for non-prority guests, depending on the time of day. :cool:

Same with us in Copenhagen.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to revisit this thread to thank everyone who chimed in with their opinions and experiences. Our week in the Neptune suite was everything that you all said it would be. We had no major issues, and the very few minor ones were handled easily by the concierge staff. Love those ladies! :)

As to embarkation, we're not sure if it was the fact that we were prescreened and checked in on the train from Anchorage to Seward, or that our TA had requested wheelchair assistance for Lori, but we hardly paused from the train to our room. Hard to imagine it going smoother. Holland America and the Noordam gave us a wonderful first cruising experience.

Anyway, thank you good people once again. We appreciate what you do.

George and Lori

Thank you for your report. What a wonderful experience for you. Welcome to the good life on HAL ships. And it is even almost as good, even when the budget can't quite swing the Neptune experience every time. Lots to like at every cabin level we have been on - from ocean view on up to the Neptune suite life too.

Just wanted to revisit this thread to thank everyone who chimed in with their opinions and experiences. Our week in the Neptune suite was everything that you all said it would be. We had no major issues, and the very few minor ones were handled easily by the concierge staff. Love those ladies! :)

As to embarkation, we're not sure if it was the fact that we were prescreened and checked in on the train from Anchorage to Seward, or that our TA had requested wheelchair assistance for Lori, but we hardly paused from the train to our room. Hard to imagine it going smoother. Holland America and the Noordam gave us a wonderful first cruising experience.

George and Lori

So glad you enjoyed your first cruise and your suite!

Thanks so much for coming back and reporting.

And welcome home :)

George and Lori

Good to hear that you had such a good experience in your first Neptune Suite & thanks for reporting on here. Always good to hear from fellow HAL cruisers. Thanks again & welcome home.

Thanks for all your great information... I am sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam in 3 weeks and it's my first Neptune Suite (Room 7070). I booked the same cabin on the same ship for next May Alaska inside passage. Sounds like I will make great use of the suite on these cruises. I'm very excited and think you are right, once you book the Neptune Suite it's hard to cruise in anything else.

have a great night.

Maryjo

I just hope they have the smoked salmon and lovely danishes for a quick balcony breakfast still. And the mis-afternoon tea and shortbread cookies. Did I mention the pre-dinner rare roast beef mini sandwiches and more smoked salmon? I love the concierge who has saved the day for us a few times and the coffee station. My DH is in love with smoked salmon... The extra space is nice too. Only miss on the Westerdam is putting the HP suites down on 6. I do not juggle hot coffee while pushing a wheelchair very well and then dealing with elevators.

I just hope they have the smoked salmon and lovely danishes for a quick balcony breakfast still. And the mis-afternoon tea and shortbread cookies. Did I mention the pre-dinner rare roast beef mini sandwiches and more smoked salmon? I love the concierge who has saved the day for us a few times and the coffee station. My DH is in love with smoked salmon... The extra space is nice too. Only miss on the Westerdam is putting the HP suites down on 6. I do not juggle hot coffee while pushing a wheelchair very well and then dealing with elevators.

Smoked salmon was still there in April/May 2016 as well as your cookies.

Your DH should be a happy camper :)

Yes, ma'am. And I can highly recommend the banana French bread (or was that French banana bread?), and also the full English breakfast and the Belgian waffles. Although I probably shouldn't recommend having the last two at once. Reckon that had anything to do with my clothes shrinking in the closet?? Nah.....

George

DH and I celebrated our 60th anniversary in Neptune on Oosterdam. It was a wonderful experience. The concierge arranged to have balloons and streamers on our door and my niece made a collage of photos, also attached to the door. Many folks recognized us and congratulated us while on the cruise. I particularly liked the Neptune Lounge itself with its nibbles, reading matter, other folks to visit with and the great service from the concierge desk. This was my husband's last cruise as he is no longer with us. But I would strongly recommend the Neptune if available, we were upgraded. I didn't really know about breakfast in PG, but it still was a wonderful voyage. Hated to get off the ship.

Marianne