Movies?

KruzPrincess

I'm not a fan of cruise ship entertainment, but I do like to catch up on some semi-current movies when I'm on a cruise. I'll be on the Maasdam in September. Do any of you who have cruised recently recall what movies are playing on HAL? Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not a fan of cruise ship entertainment, but I do like to catch up on some semi-current movies when I'm on a cruise. I'll be on the Maasdam in September. Do any of you who have cruised recently recall what movies are playing on HAL? Thanks in advance. :)

The maasdam and most other Holland ships have dvd players in all rooms and the front desk maintains a library of approx 1000? or more dvds that you borrow for free...in addition there is usually a movie shown in the movie theatre a couple times a day.

I think the only Holland ship that does not offer the dvds is the new Koningsdam.....which is yet another feature that i hate see disappear

To add to Dockman's post, the movies shown in the theatre are shown on the TV the next day, if you prefer to watch in your room.

The DVD's available are pretty "classic" but there are usually some that might appeal but they are certainly not "late run" movies.

In my experience, the movie list tends to be pretty close to what the major airlines show in flight. If you are lucky enough to find someone cruising the week before you, they might be able to tell you, but I find that the in flight movies from the major airlines to be a very good predictor.

on Eurodam. Just the pre loaded movies and they didn't run the previous days movie on the cabin TV. I think as the ships go to drydock they are changing to the larger 40" tvs mounted to the wall.

This is what I found on the Oosterdam a couple weeks ago. No more DVD players in the room, and they no longer seem to play the previous day's movie on the T.V. I mentioned on my survey that I missed that.

If you are lucky enough to find someone cruising the week before you,

Pick a role call thread for your ship sailing a couple weeks ahead (to have time for people to return a response) and post the question there. The movies probably don't change that frequently. The roll calls usually stay active a few weeks after for people to post pics from the cruise.

OR

Current Delta In-flight Movies

Edited by Sequim88

As previous stated the same movies you would be offered in a hotel, airplane, cable pay per view etc.

Movies that in most cases just finished their ticket box run. Movies that folks are viewing on-board this month usually change every month.

Besides the ships mentioned (Oosterdam and Eurodam), the Nieuw Amsterdam has also been switched over to the larger TV, with no DVD capability.

There are pre-loaded movies, but the ones shown in the theatre are not shown on the TV the next day.

I'm familiar with the DVD and have used them before. Thanks for the tip, though. The airline movie idea is helpful.

I'd still appreciate it if anyone recently off a HAL cruise can tell me what movies were playing in the theater on the ship.

Thanks.

Thanks everyone. I asked the OP from the live Maasdam thread and she posted the movies there. I got the info I was looking for.

cutiepie43: It likely that all the ships show mostly the same movies, so you may want to check out the Maasdam thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2385357&page=8

Edited by KruzPrincess

Besides the ships mentioned (Oosterdam and Eurodam), the Nieuw Amsterdam has also been switched over to the larger TV, with no DVD capability.

There are pre-loaded movies, but the ones shown in the theatre are not shown on the TV the next day.

I wasn't aware they were getting rid of he DVD players. My next two cruises are long ones, on the Amsterdam and Prinsendam. I hope they still have the DVD players. Prinsendam completed a dry docking after this years Grand Med and I haven't heard anything about the DVD players being removed.

Oh darn. thanks for the heads up Ruth. I'm ok without the DVD player but I do enjoy watching the movies that were shown the day before now and then on the TV. I'll check it out when I board. Forewarned is forearmed.

Do the newer TVs with no DVD have input ports - such as HDMI? Work requires I take my laptop everywhere and it has a DVD drive and HDMI output ports.

I could not find any available ports on the our wall-mounted TV on the Nieuw Amsterdam May 2016.

Do the newer TVs with no DVD have input ports - such as HDMI? Work requires I take my laptop everywhere and it has a DVD drive and HDMI output ports.

Awhile back someone actually posted a photo of the back of the new TV's. You could see all the hook ups available (or not). It was pretty cool.

We were on the Eurodam June 23-July 5. The movies shown in the theater were available the next day on the TV. I mentioned to the concierge in the Neotune Lounge that I was going to be watching a movie in the room and joked too bad I didn't have popcorn. Right away he said I will run down to the theater and get you popcorn -- would you like one bag or two? That was going above and beyond his job and much appreciated!

We were on the Eurodam June 23-July 5. The movies shown in the theater were available the next day on the TV. I mentioned to the concierge in the Neotune Lounge that I was going to be watching a movie in the room and joked too bad I didn't have popcorn. Right away he said I will run down to the theater and get you popcorn -- would you like one bag or two? That was going above and beyond his job and much appreciated!

We had popcorn (five bags) delivered through Room Service at no charge. Just needed to ask. There is also a theater package from Room Service that will deliver popcorn and beverages but there is a charge.

Awhile back someone actually posted a photo of the back of the new TV's. You could see all the hook ups available (or not). It was pretty cool.

There are indeed hookups on the back of the new TVs but since they are mounted on the wall, you cannot see them and your hand cannot reach the hookups to connect a cable.

Thanks everyone. I asked the OP from the live Maasdam thread and she posted the movies there. I got the info I was looking for.

cutiepie43: It likely that all the ships show mostly the same movies, so you may want to check out the Maasdam thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2385357&page=8

Call me lazy but I have copied the list...

The Finest Hour

Eddie the Eagle

Disneynature Bears

Ride Along 2

White Fang

Batman vs. Superman - Dawn of Justice

Hail, Caesar!

Hello My Name is Doris

X-Men: Apocalypse

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Mother's Day

Bridge of Spies

Eye in the Sky

Jungle Book

Thank your KruzPrincess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are just two major international companies producing "politically correct" movies for international cruise lines and airlines.

Whether you fly or cruise, you are going to be offered pretty much the same titles.

Most are updated on a very loose monthly schedule

I'm just off Zuiderdam and the movies shown onboard were:

A LEGO Brickumentary

X-Men Apocalypse

Swing Kids

Ride Along 2

We Are the Best

Hanna

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

White Nights

Money Monster

Eye in the Sky