Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

As long as someone is willing to pay to stay in the Haven and there are no restrictions- it is irrelevant whether children ARE or SHOULD BE allowed there. I have never seen anything suggesting that the area was meant only for adults. If you are willing to pay the price, then that's fine.

But there are restrictions.

Children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the hot tub and all children must be supervised at all times. Sitting in your cabin while they are out in the pool is not being supervised.

Someone mentioned here that they were given the rules when they boarded.

So you think the rules don't apply to your niece and nephew?

NCL clearly states children are to be supervised at all times which is answer 2 in this poll.

In your post #33 in this thread you stated.......It is skewed because not every child needs to be supervised, some adults do though.......

Can you show me where in the policies stated by NCL themselves that does not apply?[/quote

Actually they don't because my nephew is 16.

Yes just because you want to create a skewed "poll" I will continue the rebut your crap "results" because that and $2.75 will get you a bus ride.

Kids should be allowed and parents should watch their kids and make sure they behave and not run wild like animals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I guess it's been a while since you have been a kid otherwise you would know the difference between a kid being a kid and not have to compare them to animals.

I for one do not have kids and I find screaming infants annoying. Kids having fun I enjoy. Better them running around having fun then sitting in the buffet with their overweight parents. And I know from reading these boards that food is more important to certain people then the actual cruise.

I guess it's been a while since you have been a kid otherwise you would know the difference between a kid being a kid and not have to compare them to animals.

I for one do not have kids and I find screaming infants annoying. Kids having fun I enjoy. Better them running around having fun then sitting in the buffet with their overweight parents. And I know from reading these boards that food is more important to certain people then the actual cruise.

That is not what I meant. I have no problem

With kids in pool playing what I didn't like when I was in haven last time was the teenagers running up and down the halls ringing the doorbells. The kids should enjoy the pool but I do not think young children should be alone in pool.They can splash away no harm in that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So you think the rules don't apply to your niece and nephew?

NCL clearly states children are to be supervised at all times which is answer 2 in this poll.

In your post #33 in this thread you stated.......It is skewed because not every child needs to be supervised, some adults do though.......

Can you show me where in the policies stated by NCL themselves that does not apply?[/quote

Actually they don't because my nephew is 16.

Yes just because you want to create a skewed "poll" I will continue the rebut your crap "results" because that and $2.75 will get you a bus ride.

NCL Guest conduct policy......PARENTAL AND GUARDIAN RESPONSIBILITY For purposes of this Guest Conduct Policy, a minor is defined as anyone under the age of 18. A young adult is defined as anyone ages 18, 19 or 20. Parents and guardians are responsible for the behavior and appropriate supervision of their accompanying minor(s) and young adult(s) throughout their vacation. This obligation applies during transfers to and from ships, inside terminals, while onboard, at our ports of call, during shore excursions and at our private destinations. This responsibility applies at all times, regardless of whether the parents and guardians are physically in the company of their minor(s) and young adult(s

So your 16 year old nephew is a child,not even a young adult. He even has a curfew so keep your $2.75 and when you get kids of your own come back and talk to us.

Edited by mscdivina2016

NCL Guest conduct policy......PARENTAL AND GUARDIAN RESPONSIBILITY For purposes of this Guest Conduct Policy, a minor is defined as anyone under the age of 18. A young adult is defined as anyone ages 18, 19 or 20. Parents and guardians are responsible for the behavior and appropriate supervision of their accompanying minor(s) and young adult(s) throughout their vacation. This obligation applies during transfers to and from ships, inside terminals, while onboard, at our ports of call, during shore excursions and at our private destinations. This responsibility applies at all times, regardless of whether the parents and guardians are physically in the company of their minor(s) and young adult(s

So your 16 year old nephew is a child,not even a young adult. He even has a curfew so keep your $2.75 and when you get kids of your own come back and talk to us.

I think you need this

God, give me grace to accept with serenity

the things that cannot be changed,

Courage to change the things

which should be changed,

and the Wisdom to distinguish

the one from the other.

I guess what I'm wondering is, for the people who say they will not cruise in the Haven because of these stories, Would you go on a cruise period if you heard of a kid pouring his orange juice into the hot tub? Or running around yelling? ....Or maybe realize that sometimes obnoxious kids/obnoxious parents could be anywhere, but it probably isn't the norm?

I want to try it but these stories bother me. Yes I realize that it can happen on the main decks, but I am not paying triple for that experience. It is called a Haven but its just a name.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not for me and even by my own attitude that I have allowed to come out in this thread verify s that I would not enjoy my cruise there, so I thank everyone for their insight and responses and to those I may have come across hard to, it was not my intent.

I think you need this

God, give me grace to accept with serenity

the things that cannot be changed,

Courage to change the things

which should be changed,

and the Wisdom to distinguish

the one from the other.

Religion, really?:rolleyes: So I take it you see your nephew is a child in the eyes of NCL. He is welcome in the kids club assuming he is potty trained per NCL policy as well..........Kids Crew Ages 2 through 17, with age-specific sections. Must be potty trained and no age bumping permitted.

I want to try it but these stories bother me. Yes I realize that it can happen on the main decks, but I am not paying triple for that experience. It is called a Haven but its just a name.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not for me and even by my own attitude that I have allowed to come out in this thread verify s that I would not enjoy my cruise there, so I thank everyone for their insight and responses and to those I may have come across hard to, it was not my intent.

But it did come across harsh. I honestly think the people complaining about the HORRIBLE kids in the haven are make mountains out of molehills. If you believe everything that Everyone has said ever then you would not leave the house. So because a few people have one bad experience in the haven, you are going to not even look at it? Lots of people have horrible cruises and we all still go, right? What one person may view as horribly behaved and inconsiderate children, another may view as kids having a great time and not bothersome at all. There were plenty of adults not behaving either. Every cruise is different because every cruise has different people. Stay in the Have or don't stay in the Haven. It makes no difference to me. But don't try to stir the pot and put people traveling with their family against people traveling with adults only.

I am traveling in the Haven next week on the escape. We plan on having a good time, both in the Haven and out. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but I feel fortunate to be able to go on a vacation like this and share it with them. If people take away the ability for our family of 6 to stay in one room/suite because people are whining about kids, then we will not vacation on cruises and find somewhere else spend our money. I'm sure there are many that will follow and NCL will miss the dollars. But that haven will be empty for all you kid haters to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We, as parents of children, have decided not to sail in the Haven. Not due to the possibility of unruly children, but to avoid many posters in this thread.

:)

I am sorry. I am sure we would have gotten along fine. Just as truly unruly children are a tiny majority so are the are haters. Most of us are in the middle just enjoying our vacations sharing the same floating paradise.

But it did come across harsh. I honestly think the people complaining about the HORRIBLE kids in the haven are make mountains out of molehills. If you believe everything that Everyone has said ever then you would not leave the house. So because a few people have one bad experience in the haven, you are going to not even look at it? Lots of people have horrible cruises and we all still go, right? What one person may view as horribly behaved and inconsiderate children, another may view as kids having a great time and not bothersome at all. There were plenty of adults not behaving either. Every cruise is different because every cruise has different people. Stay in the Have or don't stay in the Haven. It makes no difference to me. But don't try to stir the pot and put people traveling with their family against people traveling with adults only.

I am traveling in the Haven next week on the escape. We plan on having a good time, both in the Haven and out. I'm sorry if that bothers you, but I feel fortunate to be able to go on a vacation like this and share it with them. If people take away the ability for our family of 6 to stay in one room/suite because people are whining about kids, then we will not vacation on cruises and find somewhere else spend our money. I'm sure there are many that will follow and NCL will miss the dollars. But that haven will be empty for all you kid haters to enjoy.

How does asking that those of you who travel with minors to follow NCL guidelines and supervise those minor children in the public Haven spaces make them children haters? That is part of what you are agreeing to by agreeing to the terms and conditions of your cruise contract, it isn't asking you to do anything out of line.

I like kids, and have a few of my own. When they were younger I would never have dreamed have letting them out of my view in a public area and didn't. They were with me, or if they didn't want to be with me they knew they needed to be at kids club or in the room. I did this for MY desire to keep them safe more then anything.

I want to ask all the parents making a huge huff, are you arguing just to argue or is it that you really think it is ok to leave your kids unsupervised in the Haven area? If you are supervising them then you have no dog in this fight, you are the people we will all thank for raising such great kids.

For the record, I don't care about little hands in candy jars or kids having fun splashing around a little in the pool(as long as they are not splashing other guests), a little noise is cool.

Maybe part of it is everyone that pays as much for this space as they have to feels entitled, heck I know I would even if it were an upsell because it is still $$. Parents with kids want to do as they please, ones without want to do as they please and each group has a different view on what they should get for that $$.

People without kids DO NOT get the right to gripe that there are kids at all within the space and reasonable expectations of kids and noise should be expected.

People with kids sign an agreement(part of your terms and conditions) to supervise their minor children at all times on/during the cruise and should do so.

Yes kids should be allowed and no, not with any of the "suggested" criteria in your poll.

I bet my niece and nephews have more class & common sense then......well let's just say the people commenting in this thread.

Kind of ironic my friend just reported from the Spirit a bunch of 20 somethings were wrecking havoc on the ship this week.

Guess what they did? They jumped into the pool from the deck above & broke the cigar bar door and this thread is complaining about children.

SMDHATS

Hopefully they were all dropped off at the next port to find their own way back home.

I guess what I'm wondering is, for the people who say they will not cruise in the Haven because of these stories, Would you go on a cruise period if you heard of a kid pouring his orange juice into the hot tub? Or running around yelling? ....Or maybe realize that sometimes obnoxious kids/obnoxious parents could be anywhere, but it probably isn't the norm?

Honestly, I have never been in the Haven (we are cruising in a 2 bedroom suite soon but not Haven) but from the pictures it looks VERY small. If there is only one hot tub and it has to be drained and cleaned because of unsupervised kids, that would be annoying to me. On the big deck there are other hot tubs and pools to enjoy so not as big an issue. Plus one or two loud, disrespectful kids would not be as noticeable on the big pool deck. In that tiny Haven area, it really would only take one or two obnoxious kids to make me regret spending that kind of extra money. But that is just me.

Thankfully, most parents are good and really do try to teach their kids right from wrong. Just like any scenario, one bad apple (whether adult or child) is hard to ignore.

Just my opinion.

We, as parents of children, have decided not to sail in the Haven. Not due to the possibility of unruly children, but to avoid many posters in this thread.

:)

Not a bad choice. There are other options for people with children.

How does asking that those of you who travel with minors to follow NCL guidelines and supervise those minor children in the public Haven spaces make them children haters? That is part of what you are agreeing to by agreeing to the terms and conditions of your cruise contract, it isn't asking you to do anything out of line.

I like kids, and have a few of my own. When they were younger I would never have dreamed have letting them out of my view in a public area and didn't. They were with me, or if they didn't want to be with me they knew they needed to be at kids club or in the room. I did this for MY desire to keep them safe more then anything.

I want to ask all the parents making a huge huff, are you arguing just to argue or is it that you really think it is ok to leave your kids unsupervised in the Haven area? If you are supervising them then you have no dog in this fight, you are the people we will all thank for raising such great kids.

For the record, I don't care about little hands in candy jars or kids having fun splashing around a little in the pool(as long as they are not splashing other guests), a little noise is cool.

Maybe part of it is everyone that pays as much for this space as they have to feels entitled, heck I know I would even if it were an upsell because it is still $$. Parents with kids want to do as they please, ones without want to do as they please and each group has a different view on what they should get for that $$.

People without kids DO NOT get the right to gripe that there are kids at all within the space and reasonable expectations of kids and noise should be expected.

People with kids sign an agreement(part of your terms and conditions) to supervise their minor children at all times on/during the cruise and should do so.

We do have a dog in the fight (those of us with kids who are supervised), as many people seem to dislike all children and hate them simply on sight. Vacationing with children is hard enough as it is without feeling like I have to apologize for their very existence.

And I do agree about supervision, however, your argument does break down over the age of 12. In Entourage, there is no signing in or out, and those teens often roam the ship without an adult. Having sailed as both a teen and a parent, it's pretty unrealistic to demand that a parent of a 17 year old have direct eyes on them 100% of the vacation.

Now (and I do have an older child that we sailed with when she was a teen), it *is* perfectly reasonable to expect that parents have discussed appropriate behavior and rules on the ship, and that they enforce them (once, our older one got grounded to our stateroom for the last 2 days due to missing curfew).

No need to avoid me, I swore off any Haven booking almost as soon as I started researching NCL-- the BA in particular has lots of reviews of the Haven pool basically being a children's "splash area", and I noticed that more than a year ago. It's obvious the whole deal for many people is a less crowded pool--and I can get that with a spa pass at 18+.

(FWIW, I voted "yes with supervision". I've just also mentioned I'd pay for an adults only experience, maybe on some other ship or line. I don't think this is worthy of being labeled "kid hater".)

No need to avoid me, I swore off any Haven booking almost as soon as I started researching NCL-- the BA in particular has lots of reviews of the Haven pool basically being a children's "splash area", and I noticed that more than a year ago. It's obvious the whole deal for many people is a less crowded pool--and I can get that with a spa pass at 18+.

(FWIW, I voted "yes with supervision". I've just also mentioned I'd pay for an adults only experience, maybe on some other ship or line. I don't think this is worthy of being labeled "kid hater".)

I hear you! I have TWO kids and how me not likely kids running around, screaming and throwing things in public area makes me a "Kid Hater" is hilarious to me!! There is nothing better than a happy, respectful kid playing. But if they are throwing stuff, running into people, screaming, dumping stuff in the hot tubs, trying to jump from upper floors into pools, then I guess I don't really like them so much. I certainly don't hate those kids, but I certainly can do without them around me in an expensive, exclusive, small area where I would have to be a captive audience.

Again, just my opinion :D

I never once said I let me kids run amuck in the ship. I never said I do no follow the rule. I do. My kids are now teenagers and I don't let them really go anywhere on the ship alone. Sometimes my 15 yr old will go back to the cabin by himself but I don't think that is not following the rules. But I have see and read people lumping all people that travel with kids (in and out of the haven) into the self-absorbed, horrible parent group. I so over this. I'm going on a cruise to have fun with my children. I choose NCL because I don't have to dress them up like Cupie dolls and make them sit for a formal 2 hour dinner every night.

I'm not arguing just argue. But reading the comments makes me think people traveling without kids feel they are entitled to not ever having to see those horrible little people. And heaven forbid one of them makes a sound above a whisper. GASP! Threads like this incite almost a mob mentality on both side. And I really dislike the divisive tone it sets. There really doesn't seem to be any other point to start a topic like this except to put people against each other.

I have read several postings about unruly kids in the Haven, the pool being used as a baby sitter, diving, ball throwing and just being loud. This has always kept me from booking one myself. I would like to try one but I travel without kids (off season)and I don't want to deal with others bad behavior for the premium to be there.

It seems as everyone's kids on this board are the best behaved in the world:rolleyes:

Should the haven be for Adults only?

This poll is anonymous so your true feelings can be seen.

Very invalid poll on its face. Kind of a skewed in that it only allows for an outcome like the OP wants. How about an option that simply says YES? This kind of reminds me of the type of poll that the MSM would put out...

Also needs an option that says arrogant adults who think the world revolves around them should not be allowed in the haven.

Wow so many rude responses.....The OP put up his own poll...if you didn't like it why even respond? People who respond negatively tend to be the ones who let their children act like wild animals regardless of Haven or not. You don't need to be part of the "Hilton Family" to like some peace and quiet from their kids or others on a vacation.....Now Playing Devils advocate I personally don't care if kids are in the Haven because 1, I haven't had a bad experience with kids in the Haven area...all were always well behaved and 2, I like kids and grew up with a huge extended family so I understand what it is like with kids wanting to play and families wanting to enjoy luxury as well. Eventually you just have to ask is being on a cruise the right fit for you or a Sandals Adults only resort is better. Or honestly the time of the year also plays a big factor....don't go during Summer, or School vacations which would probably help with that as well.

People who make baseless assumptions tend to be the ones who have no legitimate point to make at all.

Okay! If I were to book a haven suite I would only pay that price if it were adult only. My reasoning is because every cruise I have been on with children or tweens on NCL, the parents have let them run wild. It has nothing to do with social class. I haveseen all classes who think their children's behavior is "cute". Also those who think their tweens are "responsible". But the truth is their children are obnoxious and intrusive and the tweens are running wild. While not all of them are like this, the parents on cruise ships with obnoxious children are completely oblivious to their behavior. I can not tell you how many teens I saw on the dawn after midnight with beers in there hands and no adult supervision . There was also plenty of children in the main dining room running around and noisy and the parents just smiled like they were being precious. I love children but not on my cruise. Sorry!

How do you knwo what social class someone is in simply by looking at them?