If you'd like to see LUGGAGE VALET RETURN

ME Guide

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

The one time I used Luggage Valet the company providing the service messed up and had us charged for checked bags when our airline status gave us free checked bags. It was noted on all the forms I filled out. It took weeks of phone calls to finally get it sorted out so I have been hesitant to use them again. On occasion I can see the convenience but after my one experience, there are other, better ways to handle my luggage, even on days with later flights.

Everyone we have spoke to liked the service, but there is one very large problem here, it was not a RCCL/Celebrity employee staffed program.

The cruise line had ZERO % control of how it was handled. And like Mr Click, there were many more 'situations' that occurred that Celebrity was fading the heat for.

In the service industry it is really, REALLY, hard to find quality 3rd party operators that will take care of your clients in the same way you do.

Hence, the program was dropped.

ps: ME Guide, maybe there is a business here for you to start up! wink, wink!

Edited by wallie5446

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Thank you for posting your experience. Was the statement above "what had been a popular program with many cruisers" something the Celebrity rep said or your editorial?

I only ask because I liked the program, but it did not ever seem to be very popular. I was told that it was not done on some cruises because not enough people signed up. This seems to contradict the statement. The last time I used it was on the Eclipse in January and it worked great for us.

Everyone we have spoke to liked the service, but there is one very large problem here, it was not a RCCL/Celebrity employee staffed program.

The cruise line had ZERO % control of how it was handled.

ps: ME Guide, maybe there is a business here for you to start up! wink, wink!

Who was in charge of processing the boarding passes and printing out the various luggage tags?

bosco

Who was in charge of processing the boarding passes and printing out the various luggage tags?

bosco

Ah now bosco! Lets see, the ship is out to sea, so I guess it had to be an employee that did that.

But once the ship docked and the luggage was off loaded, :D

Wow! Reality = naysayer.

Reality changes doesn't it? In the words of the great freedom fighter Blutarsky , it's not over until we say it's over. I'm with you ME Guide!!!!

Edited by barko98

Reality changes doesn't it? In the words of the great freedom fighter Blutarsky , it's not over until we say it's over. I'm with you ME Guide!!!!

Well maybe there is a joint business opportunity:D

I believe that if and when RCCL/Celebrity can find a 3rd party to provide the service in a manner they deem worthy of us their clients, the service will be offered once again.

Thanks for the push. I did send an e-mail and will follow up with a phone call to the Captain's Club this week.

Luggage Valet was not available our very first cruise. We tried it on our second and have used it ever since. The cost was well worth not having to pick up our bags in the terminal and lug them to/through the airport and (esp. in FLL) wait to chcke them in until the proper timing for the flight.

I book my flights now for times that will allow use of the program. I don't care as much what time I leave if I am not dragging luggage around all day....

Just sent my email. We have enjoyed luggage valet or whatever it is called on other cruise lines for many years now. However Celebrity seems to have the most difficulty in implementing it. We have had to fight to get them to accommodate us when booked on Southwest Airlines. Thanks to a great customer service rep on the Eclipse, Damien Brown, we have managed to have them work with Southwest Airlines many times while on the Eclipse.

Princess, HAL, RCI - Even The Oasis, have been wonderful in implementing

Ludage Valet. It mystifies me that Celebrity who wants us to believe they are the best of the mainstream cruise lines in customer service has cancelled this valuable service,

They need to take lessons from Royal Caribbean, Princess and Holland America!

Very disappointed in Celebrity!

We really liked the program and never had a problem...even got our early bird tsa pre check boarding passes for SW Air . We could not always qualify due to our flight times or our decision to stay over in port an extra night.....Hope it is reinstated as it is very convenient...esp when things go right.

In any instance where you give your stuff over to others there can be issues..and the more hands that touch it, the harder it is to track down where things went wrong....once when dh 's expensive golf club hard case was damaged, the airline tried to shift blame to TSA..nice try but airline had to replace it.....it was broken after it was turned over to them and helps to know the rules.

We always hold our breath til our luggage arrives at our stateroom and we now do early walk off so our luggage stays with us...we pack a bit lighter to make it work but have much less stress...

I have used the service a lot and on the whole have been very satisfied. But our last trip our luggage was lost and no one knew where it was or who was the responsible party. The luggage could have been taken from the cabin hallway or somewhere else down the line. We finally did get it back but it took days and many phone calls. Everyone was passing blame. I have heard of people's luggage falling into the water at the port and getting destroyed. The cruise ship covers about $150 for lost luggage.

I have used the service a lot and on the whole have been very satisfied. But our last trip our luggage was lost and no one knew where it was or who was the responsible party. The luggage could have been taken from the cabin hallway or somewhere else down the line. We finally did get it back but it took days and many phone calls. Everyone was passing blame. I have heard of people's luggage falling into the water at the port and getting destroyed. The cruise ship covers about $150 for lost luggage.
Know what you mean.

Luggage Valet can be a convenience when your bags show up as expected, but a real pain when they don't.

For frequent travelers, a general rule for reducing the chances of having your luggage lost has always been to minimize the number of times your bags will be transferred while they are out of your sight.

(Also minimizing the number of people who will be handling your bags while they are out of your sight.)

That is one of the main reasons why so many frequent travelers will take carry-on luggage only, even though it doesn't cost them anything to check bags.

Well maybe there is a joint business opportunity:D

I believe that if and when RCCL/Celebrity can find a 3rd party to provide the service in a manner they deem worthy of us their clients, the service will be offered once again.

Celebrity staff has to be involved at a few levels and as far as a "in a manner they deem worthy of us their clients," it is more like 'in manner they deem worthy TO THEIR BOTTOM LINE'.

OMO

bosco

Has Royal Caribbean gotten rid of luggage valet, too? The website still shows luggage valet as available at certain ports, including Miami, for cruises of 4 nights or more.

We were on the Majesty this spring, on the 4-night cruise. But, when I checked with guest services on the ship, I was told that luggage valet wasn't offered on the Majesty.

Personally, I like the program. Sailing on the Freedom, we got to the Orlando Airport around 10:30 am. Our flight wasn't until 3pm. American Airlines didn't allow check-in for passengers checking baggage until 3 hours before departure. But, since our bags were already checked, I was able to get boarding passes from a kiosk. Then, we window shopped in the mall and had a leisurely lunch.

We just sent an email to Celebrity asking them to re-instate the valet program. We travel in a handicap accessible cabin for my husband and having to deal with luggage and him in a wheel chair getting off the ship at the port and airport is a real challenge.

Of courses it has To be worthy of the bottom line. Celebrity's a corporation, not a charity

No argument there, however instead of doing away with it why not increase the price to where it is worthy. They have no second thoughts about increasing prices on every other thing from fares to specialty restaurants, which is their right to do as a business that wants to make a profit.

Only they know the whys and wherefores of their decision, it is for us only to guess.

bosco