Invest 99L

wingnt68

So if Invest 99L becomes a hurricaine which it is expected to do and all models take it southwest Florida by Monday will they still sail on Monday afternoon out of New Orleans?:confused:

We are supposed to sail on Triumph on Monday afternoon and I am getting a little concerned.

So if Invest 99L becomes a hurricaine which it is expected to do and all models take it southwest Florida by Monday will they still sail on Monday afternoon out of New Orleans?:confused:

We are supposed to sail on Triumph on Monday afternoon and I am getting a little concerned.

We're on the same cruise and we are watching the weather too. We are flying into NOLA tomorrow morning. The track probably won't be known until the weekend. We just have to wait and see. The cruise could leave a day early or a day late and the itinerary could be changed. Since the only option is Western I don't know where we would go but I'm sure Carnival will keep the ship out of a hurricane. We sail in hurricane season almost every year and most of the time they are the smoothest cruises. We did have to have an itinerary change last year but we always had good weather. Just be prepared to have some changes and everything will be good.

We're on the same cruise and we are watching the weather too. We are flying into NOLA tomorrow morning. The track probably won't be known until the weekend. We just have to wait and see. The cruise could leave a day early or a day late and the itinerary could be changed. Since the only option is Western I don't know where we would go but I'm sure Carnival will keep the ship out of a hurricane. We sail in hurricane season almost every year and most of the time they are the smoothest cruises. We did have to have an itinerary change last year but we always had good weather. Just be prepared to have some changes and everything will be good.

We are flying into NOLA on Sunday morning. Hoping for some sunshine! :) Safe travels to you and yours!

We fly out in the morning to Orlando, leaving out of port canaveral on Saturday. I have been watching it for several days too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Same here, flying into Orlando tomorrow from VA to sail out of Port Canaveral on Saturday. I'm really not good at reading the models, but I'm hoping what I am seeing is telling me that we might just make it out ok?

Gradually, but ever so gradually the spaghetti models are drifting eastward. With central tracks over the west gulf coast of FL.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Invest-99L?map=ensmodel

There's supposed to be a more detailed report out later this morning on the hurricane hunters findings from yesterday. I would speculate (which is all anyone even NHC is doing at this point)that ships sailing out of East Florida points this weekend will be in for a rough first night. Most likely Bahama ports will get cancelled at last minute. Key West possibly too. I would also speculate that sailing out of or back into Tampa this weekend would still continue as would sailings out of NOLA. For early next week, 99L may either be over (chewed up in FL) or if in the Gulf heading Northwest, either a TS or Hurricane Hermine heading toward the Gulf coast beaches. Stay tuned.

The different models seem to agree that Florida is a target, but they don't appear to be in agreement about what will happen to it after that. They show anywhere from southern Louisiana to southern South Carolina in the longer term.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Invest-99L?map=model

If you're cruising, be sure to sign up with Carnival to receive text alerts for your cruise.

Edited by winddawn

The different models seem to agree that Florida is a target, but they don't appear to be in agreement about what will happen to it after that. They show anywhere from southern Louisiana to southern South Carolina in the longer term.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2016/Invest-99L?map=model

If you're cruising, be sure to sign up with Carnival to receive text alerts for your cruise.

Looks like it will be wet sailing from any Florida port this weekend. Pack a poncho.

The cruise could leave a day early or a day late...

It can't really leave a day early if they expect many passengers to be on it. Most wouldn't be there in time.

They could still do it if they weren't worried about the monetary loss, but they are a for profit company and have to worry about the monetary loss. A day late is certainly plausible though.

It can't really leave a day early if they expect many passengers to be on it. Most wouldn't be there in time.

They could still do it if they weren't worried about the monetary loss, but they are a for profit company and have to worry about the monetary loss. A day late is certainly plausible though.

If for some reason the storm intensified I would think they would move those ships out of harms way, passengers or no passengers. More money would be loss if the ship got damaged being at the dock.

If the storm was that bad that they felt they would have to leave a day earlier, then most passengers would not get to the ship anyway since flights could be cancelled and evacuation procedures could be in place.

The emergency management prefers the ships either leave with their passengers onboard or arrive a day later with those pax but not empty.. If a storm hits the area they do not want to have to deal with thousands of people needing accommodations (as many locals in vulnerable locations) evacuate to hotels and the oceanfront hotels (which is where the majority of hotels down here are located) are evacuated... Meaning more out of towers put in shelters stressing the system even more...

I'm a Carnival girl but taking out 1st cruise on NCL today out of Miami. Hope Carnival didn't put this weather curse on me lol. J/K! I am nervous about leaving today....Not going to lie. Does anyone know when NCL or the Captain will announce to us that they are making an itinerary change? Before we get on....after we sail away? Hoping for the best!!

I have family on the Valor. They missed St. Kitts earlier this week due to weather. Wednesday it rained all day in Puerto Rico. Was suppose to be in Grand Turk yesterday and at sea today. From the tracker looks like they are porting at Nassau this morning