Anthem of the Seas - Deck 6 good choice?

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I may be in the minority but I loved the bed firmness. Slept like a good baby. They are harder than any hotel bed I've ever slept on so I understand it's not to everyone's preference. Good to know there are pads for those who need them but it might be nice to have that posted somewhere.

We just booked 6134, 6136 and 6138. We are up in front but find the extra wave action just rocks us to sleep. Our cruises on the Carnival Dream have to be in front because we book the spa cabins. Hopefully these 3 cabins are in a quiet, smoke-free part of the ship.

• 5 months later...
Hi, We are leaving in 5 days on the Anthem of the Seas, 1st cruise, our cabin is on Deck 6 towards the back of the ship. We booked late and that was the only room left with a balcony with an obstructed view. Is Deck 6 usually a quiet deck, was this a good choice? Thank you, we cannot wait for Saturday!

Hi! We have the exact 2 cabins as you on our May sailing. I was wondering how it went for you? How was the smoke? Hope you had a great time!

Thanks,

Christina

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have stayed on the starboard side of Deck 6 a few times and never had a problem with the "bus stop".

I like the location. Very convenient. You can walk down the hall a little way and come to a large metal door in the middle of the wall. That door is the access to the mezzanine or balcony level of Two70. The library is there. The internet café is there. The Workshop is there. And there are stairs down to Deck 5 and the main level of Two70.

:)

We really liked deck 6 because it's convenient to all, and we like being close to the sea. We prefer forward to aft. 6556 was our favorite D8 cabin, and we'd book it again (or in that area) if available. We booked a guarantee on our last sailing and had 6566, which is 50% obstructed - we didn't really care for the view, but it was only $50 total more than an inside so it was worth it to have the added light and fresh air.

robtulipe is the deck 6 expert. Hopefully he will see this post and provide some helpful info

Hi Donna! What did you like most about 6556? :) we have booked that cabin for our cruise next April!

• 1 month later...
I'm booked in 6170 for my March cruise. The balcony looked slightly bigger so I decided to go with it. I'm looking forward to it and it was roughly the same cost as an inside with my Diamond discount :)

Hello Virtopia, I see you had cabin 6170 on the Anthem, I'm booked in that cabin for Jan 2019, was wondering how you found the cabin, were there any issues with it?

Carolyn

Hello Virtopia, I see you had cabin 6170 on the Anthem, I'm booked in that cabin for Jan 2019, was wondering how you found the cabin, were there any issues with it?

Carolyn

I actually never ended up going on that sailing sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carolyn

I stayed in 6170 last August. I loved the cabin. I thought the location was nice and enjoyed the balcony. I would pick this room again if I ever went back on the Anthem.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello! How did cabins 6688 and 6686 turn out to be? My parents & I are booked in those cabins on our 9 night in August. Thank you!!:D

Look at the picture in post #10 in this thread and the deck plan with davit obstructions marked in post 7 of this thread - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55919419#post55919419

It looks like 6686 has a large davit.

Hi, We are leaving in 5 days on the Anthem of the Seas, 1st cruise, our cabin is on Deck 6 towards the back of the ship. We booked late and that was the only room left with a balcony with an obstructed view. Is Deck 6 usually a quiet deck, was this a good choice? Thank you, we cannot wait for Saturday!

Hi SM,

We were in Cabin 6296 and the Galley for the Cafe270 is right below this cabin. Every morning at 4:00am they would bring out all the pots and pans necessary to bake and prepare items. It all stopped at 6:00am usually. To make matters worst, there is a huge staff elevator bank across the hall. Loads of noise! The third day I checked in with guest services and they talked to the cooks and it did get a little better, but they still need to do their job. They sent us a bottle of wine, but did not offer to move us. Normally I would never book a cabin just above, or below a public area, but this was a last minute upgrade.

Can't imagine that a cabin two doors down would be much better?? We lived with it for 14 nights, but I would never book anything in this area in the future. Floors 7 and 8 would be much better if you can move up!!!

By the way, our bed was next to the sliding door for the balcony.

Enjoy!

Kelclear.png?emoji-smile-1742