What is the primary problem with Curtis Stone in the MDR

Loreni

Currently on the Regal--always available salmon, chicken, burger, Caesar salad, and shrimp cocktail are back. Sadly, no beef tenderloins. There is usually a CS item at the bottom of the right side of the menu. We're on day 6, and the CS seafood stew has already been repeated. DH said it was nothing special; he wouldn't order it again.

At least its a start to return to the old menu. I wonder if the beef medallions can be ordered even though there not specified?

I think it's obvious that the CS items are not a big hit & hopefully everything will return to normal shortly.

I thought it was telling that in the recent Circle description of the Majestic Princess, there is no mention of Curtis Stone, no Share, and no mention of CS menu items.

Now I realize thar CS enthusiasts will say that Curtis Stone would not be appropriate for the Asian market. But he is appropriate for the rest of us?

If Princess was totally confident with Curtis Stone, surely they would want to highlight him on their newest ship:) :) :).

CS, where are you?

I thought it was telling that in the recent Circle description of the Majestic Princess' date=' there is no mention of Curtis Stone, no Share, and no mention of CS menu items.

Now I realize thar CS enthusiasts will say that Curtis Stone would not be appropriate for the Asian market. But he is appropriate for the rest of us?

If Princess was totally confident with Curtis Stone, surely they would want to highlight him on their newest ship:) :) :).

CS, where are you?[/quote']

In a supermarket in Melbourne. ;)

I thought it was telling that in the recent Circle description of the Majestic Princess' date=' there is no mention of Curtis Stone, no Share, and no mention of CS menu items.[/quote']

Can't trust the deck plan, the recently released video or Circle Magazine. Share will be right next to the center staircase. :p

do you think the Share is here to stay on Princess; or is the feedback telling Princess; lets change back to Sabbitini's

None of us knows for sure about how sales are going which is the bottom line for how Princess reacts to Share. Although the removal of his items from the MDR menu & not yet implementing the Curtis Stone Chef's Table (promoted to begin in early 2016 but has not happened) are both indicators to me that their "celebrity" chef experiment is failing. He may be an excellent restaurant chef but preparing thousands of quality meals at sea requires the skills of an excellent banquet chef.

Reports on CC from some passengers that there were few passengers at Share is not truly definitive about the daily sales. Curtis Stone's Share & Ernesto Uchimura's Salty Dog are their first experiments with "celebrity" chef's dining. Norman Love's desserts are just additions to the existing dining rooms and have been very successful but doesn't generate any income nor does it require modifying the ship. The Salty Dog gastropub's tables in the Wheelhouse Bar can easily be removed but having the design of Share revert to Sabatini's would cost them money.

We can only speculate about what happens when Stone's contract expires but it's doubtful to me if they'd spend more money to change the venue back to an Italian-style venue. Maybe they'll keep the design & replace the CS menu by renaming the restaurant...maybe even to Sabatini's by just replacing the furniture & menu.

I've seen Princess change the usage of a space...Vines Shop. It remained a sales shop but changed from wine related items to coffee & chocolates but either way it was a ghost town.

But your guess is as good as mine. ;)

do you think the Share is here to stay on Princess; or is the feedback telling Princess; lets change back to Sabbitini's

They put a lot of money into redoing the space for SHARE, so I doubt it will ever go back to being Sabatini's. My guess is they will eventually find themselves another "celebrity" chef to throw money at and CS will be replaced with something possibly worse. I have great faith in the folks who run the Department of Bad Ideas. :p

I find it hard to believe they change the layout of the restaurant much since they hardly had a chance to get a return on their original investment. Hopefully it'll be turned into something else in the near future with minor modifications to the lighting & table arrangements...and of course a new name with a decent menu.

Whether they've dumped CS & Share or not, the magazine in a National newspaper last Sunday had a multi page Princess promotion and CS figured strongly. Maybe Princess think we actually like his food here in Australia?

Well that will teach you for buying the Sunday paper.

And that's an educated guess, never saw it.

I actually don't know what they think we like, but I'm getting a complex over this C.S issue.:rolleyes:

Is this also the case on the ships that have his restaurant "Share', or just on those that don't as a way to introduce his food?

Even on ships with (or without) Share they have it in the MDR too. I think for many that's the big issue, or more accurately that they used it to replace old favourite everyday items.

...or more accurately that they used it to replace old favourite everyday items.

Exactly. If the CS dishes had been introduced in addition to the usual everyday items, I don't think you would hear a peep, other than from folks who might want to chime in and tell us if the new dishes were good or bad. But by introducing the CS dishes in place of some of the everyday items, they created a controversy.