Revamped Drink Packages beginning 9/6/16?

jules815

Its likely not an all inclusive list.

Not even close. A quick example is Captain Morgan spiced rum. Readily available at every onboard bar, and included in the package, but not on the list.

That PDF does provide an amazing array of cocktails that I've seen nowhere else onboard though.

Dan.

Since the packages began there's never been a complete list. Why should they start now? In all my times using the old Ultimate you had to order something really super premium for it not be included - I mean the stuff on the way top shelf out of reach. I doubt anything has changed.

Just upgraded onboard from select to Deluxe.

$89.90��

How long is your cruise ? Just trying to figure out how exactly that equates to $10 per day ? :confused::confused:

7 days @ $70 plus 18 % = $82.60

8 days @$80 plus 18% = $94.40

So how exactly have RCCL arrived at $89.90 ??

Edited by KPRH

Today when I look on a number of cruises I have booked, the "new" Premium Package isn't even showing up as an option. 3 options for non-alcoholic packages but nowhere is the Premium. That was true on all of the cruises I currently have booked.

I was trying to determine if the price of the Premium Package was varying from cruise-to-cruise but since it isn't even listed, I wasn't able to choose it and do a mock booking.

Oh well. I'm sure it will show up some time. It was there yesterday !

Today when I look on a number of cruises I have booked, the "new" Premium Package isn't even showing up as an option. 3 options for non-alcoholic packages but nowhere is the Premium. That was true on all of the cruises I currently have booked.

I was trying to determine if the price of the Premium Package was varying from cruise-to-cruise but since it isn't even listed, I wasn't able to choose it and do a mock booking.

Oh well. I'm sure it will show up some time. It was there yesterday !

I just checked my 2 cruises also and same thing - water, soda, and refreshment packages only. Maybe IT is making changes to all the old packages ordered to bring them up to new packages.

How long is your cruise ? Just trying to figure out how exactly that equates to $10 per day ? :confused::confused:

Probably the Spanish tax which gets added to on-board purchases.

If you have a Select Drinks package as a promotional offer should this be logged on the Set Sail Pass? I've not had a drinks package before nor sailed with RC so am totally clueless but there is something niggling at me that the absence of any documentation from RC (only an invoice from the Travel Agent) doesn't seem right.

Hi there, we have 2 cruises with the Select promotion. It shows on the RCI guest copy invoice not on your cruise planner or Set Sail pass . If you booked through a travel agent you can ask them to send you a copy of RCI's invoice.

Edited by heatherb1958

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages.

We've recently refined our beverage package offerings, and no longer offer the Select package. No need to worry! We'll still honor your Select Beverage Package while you’re onboard. You’ll enjoy the same selection of complimentary beverages you were promised at time of purchase:

• Beers

• Wines by the glass

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Juices

• Fountain soda with free Coca-Cola® souvenir cup

You also have the option to upgrade once onboard to the new Deluxe Package for an additional $10 per person per day + gratuity. Just visit one of the beverage sales stations located throughout the ship or simply ask your friendly bar staff.

We hope this info helps.

I've just received an email from RCI regarding our free select drinks package on a 2017 sailing, telling us we can upgrade for $10 per day + gratuity. It's basically the same content as the above post.

So I have the premium package for my hubby and I for oasis in 3 weeks. I should just leave it as is correct ?

I'd check the pricing on the website for the Deluxe package. If that package is less expensive that whay you have already paid, then cancel what you have and re-order the Deluxe package. Otherwise, nothing to do.

Edited by clarea

Just for reference Bob, I took the printout on page 2 (the cocktail list) to the R Bar on Freedom today and the bartender said it is a mix of old and new drinks and many of the old ones they do not stock the mixers for anymore. Imagine that! [emoji12]

Dan.

Just for reference Bob, I took the printout on page 2 (the cocktail list) to the R Bar on Freedom today and the bartender said it is a mix of old and new drinks and many of the old ones they do not stock the mixers for anymore. Imagine that! [emoji12]

Dan.

Typical. Thanks for the update Dan.

7nights . You missed the 10% Spanish vat.

$10 a day plus 18% grats and 10% tax

= $12.80

$89.60. Which even though the hand written shows .90 they have charged onboard account 89.60

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Single Cruiser

aha, thanks for clarifying that.

So regarding the Spanish tax is that something that is just applicable to sailings out of Spain ? or relevant to any ships that dock there ?

I assume as long as we upgrade as soon as we get on board, in UK waters then we dont have to factor that in :)

aha, thanks for clarifying that.

So regarding the Spanish tax is that something that is just applicable to sailings out of Spain ? or relevant to any ships that dock there ?

I assume as long as we upgrade as soon as we get on board, in UK waters then we dont have to factor that in :)

Round trips from European ports that don't stop outside the EU attract the origin port VAT.

On a short trip from UK - France - UK they started to charge VAT

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where's the Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire gins??!! I got off the Serenade and they were on there.

I agree, they have been on all the ships I have sailed with the drink packages. I have been getting the Premium drink package on Royal Caribbean since they have been offered and on all my sailings out of both American and European ports, Hendricks and Bombay Sapphire were included in the premium and ultimate package.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

Sailing ion 1st cruise next year leaving Barcelona. I was lucky enough to get the amazing offer of BOGOHO PLUS complimentary deluxe driks package for myself and partner onboard for the 12 days cruise (saving well over £1000). Anyways, we call at Zadar and Kotar before returning to Barcelona - will the tax impact us and also will gratuities still need to be paid now to the barmen even though the drinks will be free - the package price is listed as without gratuities but thought the point in them was to avoid all that?!? if so what is a reasonable gratuity and do you need to bring any dollars onboard or is everything cashless?

Sailing ion 1st cruise next year leaving Barcelona. I was lucky enough to get the amazing offer of BOGOHO PLUS complimentary deluxe driks package for myself and partner onboard for the 12 days cruise (saving well over £1000). Anyways, we call at Zadar and Kotar before returning to Barcelona - will the tax impact us and also will gratuities still need to be paid now to the barmen even though the drinks will be free - the package price is listed as without gratuities but thought the point in them was to avoid all that?!? if so what is a reasonable gratuity and do you need to bring any dollars onboard or is everything cashless?

They do not add gratuity when you order drinks covered by the beverage packages. They may give you a slip to sign on which there is a spot to add extra gratuity if you like, in which case it will be charged to your onboard account, however this extra gratuity is over and above the 18% that has already been paid when you were furnished the beverage package as part of your booking.