The true (free) upgrade fairy really does exist!!!

Swann5

Very nice! We were upgraded from an ocean view to a veranda on Norwegian once.....and have loved veranda's ever since! It was also a pleasant surprise at embarkation. Our next cruise is on the Celebrity Infinity in September 2017, and we have booked an ocean-view. Maybe we can get lucky too! :)

I know how you feel. Amazed, happy, shocked, and surprised. In August, I was on a different cruise line. When we arrived, our luggage was placed inside our cabin( bottom level-small window). We got a message, not to unpack. We were then taken to see another cabin. It would be ours if we wanted it. To our amazement, it was a suite. We were told that it might be noisy since it was near the library/public restrooms. We accepted the upgrade. Never heard any noise. We really enjoyed the extra space, balcony, and amenities.

It was our first Celebrity cruise as Elite and we booked an inside cabin GTY on the 14 night Caribbean sailing - on an S class ship (don't recall which one). We have had inside cabins before and never had a problem with the cabin. In this case, our cabin was by itself and by a small corridor where the crew went in and out with their carts. We unloaded our bags and I then went to Guest Relations and asked if there was an alternative cabin. We have sailed on over 35 cruises and know that the sign on the Guest Relations desk that says "Full Sailing" isn't usually true. I spoke very calmly to the Guest Relations Agent and she was very helpful. She told me that there was a balcony cabin that was unoccupied when the ship sailed from Fort Laudedale because the booked guests failed to show on debarkation day. She told me that if the guests did not show up at the 1st port of call (on day 3 of the 14 night cruise), she would give the balcony cabin to my DH and me. The agent was true to her word. On day 3, she called us, sent a cabin steward to our door with a luggage cart, and we were moved to the midship balcony cabin. It was a great location.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations!! What an awesome upgrade.

We have never been upgraded in eleven sailings, even on a B2B where I tried on the first leg to secure one for the following sailing. Even being willing to pay didn't matter, and there were available cabins showing on the website :P

We booked cabin # 1137, a basic inside cabin on Deck 11 (category 09) 170 Sq. ft. for our recent Alaskan cruise on the Millennium. Upon check in we were told we had a different cabin! Yikes! We were very sceptical at first as we had carefully chosen our inside cabin for its ease of access to the open decks. A supervisor was brought over and she said we would probably be very happy with our new cabin. We were upgraded to cabin # 9158 on deck nine, a family ocean view verandah, (category FV) Cabin Size: 271 sq.ft., Veranda: 242 sq.ft!!! That's right! A huge cabin and a huge aft balcony! So not just a one category upgrade, inside to Oceanview, or Oceanview to balcony, but from an inside cabin to an aft, family verandah which was absolutely huge for the two of us! We thoroughly enjoyed this spacious cabin and had the most amazing room steward, Eddy! We just wish we were travelling with other family or friends who could have also enjoyed our spacious digs! Thanks so much to the Celebrity (True) Upgrade Fairy! :)

Topnotch!

Very likely. Serious issue with the bathroom or something and a last minute decision by the ship to allocate whatever cabin was left. Congratulations! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not necessarily! We seen good upgrades get handed out. Sometimes the line might be familiar with the people & know a good upgrade can result in much higher spending on board(as with us!)

We sort of got an upgrade on our recent Med cruise. There was a big price drop after final payment and I complained nicely enough but loudly enough to our TA about it. Pushed the TA to talk to Celebrity and presto, we went from 1A to A1. Location and cabin were not a big improvement but being able to try dining is Blu was a treat for us. Of course now DW wants to book all of our future cruises in Aqua......gulp.

We sort of got an upgrade on our recent Med cruise. There was a big price drop after final payment and I complained nicely enough but loudly enough to our TA about it. Pushed the TA to talk to Celebrity and presto, we went from 1A to A1. Location and cabin were not a big improvement but being able to try dining is Blu was a treat for us. Of course now DW wants to book all of our future cruises in Aqua......gulp.

I think I have to do it now like you did. How soon did the TA get back to you?