Celebrity 50% off second guest

GACruiser1961

Lots of threads on this topic. The concensus seems to be that Celebrity jacked up the prices just before this promotion so that not very many will see a bargain unless they were not looking at prices prior to the promotion.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

This is what Royal does on their "50%" off promos also. Raise the price and THEN discount. WE have yet to find a better deal on these than we would normally find just booking normally. I have, however, seen some who felt like they got a fantastic deal so I believe it may be cabin specific. Just keep checking often. I don't like this type of promo though.

Lots of threads on this topic. The concensus seems to be that Celebrity jacked up the prices just before this promotion so that not very many will see a bargain unless they were not looking at prices prior to the promotion.

I can't speak for other cruises since I wasn't looking to book a new one. But for our April, 2018 Hawaii to Vancouver cruise, I was able to save over $1100 re-booking under the BOGOHO pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I can't speak for other cruises since I wasn't looking to book a new one. But for our April, 2018 Hawaii to Vancouver cruise, I was able to save over $1100 re-booking under the BOGOHO pricing.

That's great! Glad to hear that some can take advantage of these offers. Our cruise comes out over $1600 more than we paid if we were to book under this promotion.

Has anyone priced out a cruise using Celebrity's new 50% off second guest? I have priced out and not seeing 50% off. Price is same as cruise not using deal!

We booked long before the price increases . The new quotes under the 1/2 second guest pricing would have made our cost higher :o this new promotion inmy opinion is just not good for anyone:eek:

We were able to get a good price on an AQ cabin for our Med cruise next year under that promo. We had originally booked in March and got a CC cabin with the four GO BEST perks. Although we love AQ, the price differential at that time was well more than we were willing to pay - about $1,000 more for the two of us. I did see the significant price increases within the last couple weeks, as I check now and again to see if maybe the AQ had dropped. However, last week I saw something that prompted me to check, and we were able to get an AQ cabin, with all the GO BEST perks for a total of $300/couple over what we had paid for CC. To us, it's worth it for AQ and Blu, but $1,000 was not.

We booked long before the price increases . The new quotes under the 1/2 second guest pricing would have made our cost higher :o this new promotion inmy opinion is just not good for anyone:eek:

It would be good if you compare it to the prices that were only in effect during the week or so before the sale. Otherwise, you are correct

We monitored the price of our June 17 Eclipse trip for three months. When one promo ended on 31st August and the new one started on 1st Sep the price for a balcony dropped £500pp so we could see a clear reduction in price despite the BOGOHO offer. So we booked it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We booked our July 2017 Eclipse cruise about 5 weeks ago (before all the big price rises). Under the new 50% promotion our exact booking would be £812 cheaper, although we would lose the $400 OBC. All in all the new promotion is about £500 cheaper. Since the deposit was £450 there is not point cancelling and re-booking.

Not that thrilled for our first Celebrity Cruise experience. We fell out with P&O after their price drops and vantage fair broken promises.

Fcleiser3, we had an AFT S2 on deck 12 and when the BOGOHO promo started, our TA mentioned that we could upgrade to an S1 hump cabin for $550 LESS per person than we were paying for our S2 AFT. Seemed like a no brainer to us...upgrade to S1 and save $550 per person with all 4 perks! Most excellent....

We saved about the same on our September 2017 Hawaii sailing. The price didn't get jacked up beforehand. First day of the sale was the $1499price. It's gone up a titch this week

Created Updated

$ 1,574 2016‑09‑02 2016‑09‑03

$ 1,499 2016‑09‑01 2016‑09‑01

$ 1,999 2016‑02‑27 2016‑09‑01

$ 2,049 2016‑02‑19 2016‑02‑26

$ 2,149 2016‑02‑13 2016‑02‑19

$ 2,049 2016‑02‑09 2016‑02‑12

$ 2,149 2016‑01‑27 2016‑02‑09

$ 2,299 2016‑01‑15 2016‑01‑27

$ 2,249 2016‑01‑13 2016‑01‑15

We were on The Summit and decided to book on board. The price seemed high. When we got home we did our research. They upped the prices just prior to the BOGOHO deal. We booked when the prices were high. The prices came down after that. We called when we got home and got a $1,500 price reduction on a Sky Suite and we were allowed to keep the on board booking perks. The price we are now paying is $50 more than when the cruise offered for sale. We felt we go a great deal!

We booked a 1a cabin on Eclipse to fiords from Southpton back in April inc drinks & 200 DLS OBS back in April. Cost was increased dramatically in August. Is now back to same price we booked in April inc free drinks but no OBS @ claimed 50% off 2nd guest!!!

The 2018 Hawaii cruise is down in price since the itinerary was released. However the price for interior rooms is up for the same cruise. I have found that the newly released itineraries are the ones that actually benefit from the sale. I have found that they are usually priced higher to begin with. I had the experience when checking out a Bermuda cruise before it was offered to the general public. The price was ridiculous and I didn't book. The rep kept telling me that could received a price adjustment if the fare should go down. A day later when it was available for the general public and not just for captain club members the price came down and they offered a special incentive for booking Concierge. I had priced a balcony originally. You really have to be on top of your game when booking a cruise.

We booked our July 2017 Eclipse cruise about 5 weeks ago (before all the big price rises). Under the new 50% promotion our exact booking would be £812 cheaper, although we would lose the $400 OBC. All in all the new promotion is about £500 cheaper. Since the deposit was £450 there is not point cancelling and re-booking.

Not that thrilled for our first Celebrity Cruise experience. We fell out with P&O after their price drops and vantage fair broken promises.

Same here. Make sure you complain. The more of us that do and the message not to be so deceptive may get through

Sent from my iPhone using Forums