Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Thanks for those information!

I hope Cruisecal will post up the other itineraries and ships, including Europe, soon.

Interesting to see Freedom is obviously moving to San Juan to replace Adventure.

May Adventure swith to Ft. Lauderdale? Or she moves to Europe, whereas Jewel sails Alaska in summer 2018? There have been rumors about that...

My thoughts....

Independence replacing Freedom on the 6/8 nights and Adventure replaces Independence with the 4/5/5 runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for those information!

I hope Cruisecal will post up the other itineraries and ships, including Europe, soon.

Interesting to see Freedom is obviously moving to San Juan to replace Adventure.

May Adventure swith to Ft. Lauderdale? Or she moves to Europe, whereas Jewel sails Alaska in summer 2018? There have been rumors about that...

We haven't had Adventure here in Europe in a while so it would be nice to have her back. I would love it if Jewel did a Panama Canal in May 2018!!

My thoughts....

Independence replacing Freedom on the 6/8 nights and Adventure replaces Independence with the 4/5/5 runs.

As long as Indy doesn't come back to Southampton in 2019...3 years in a row with Navigator is enough. We would like to have a bit more choice instead of the same old, same old.

I think RCI should've replaced "Phase I" with "Symphony OTS" in the deployment release flyer week of March 6th.

At least we wouldn't be sitting around waiting for other ships and sailing dates in the Europe & Caribbean regions to open up.

atgood

My guess is that the re-categorization of cabin categories slowed their redeployment down. Better question might be why RCI chose to make this somewhat major change right when the new schedules were to be released. Symphony was not affected, since those categories already existed for this ship.

Will you be in town?

Probably.

I just don't get the method to this madness... Making us wait like this. Not exciting to me but frustrating.

Not that it couldn't be done better, but i complete understand why they draw the process out for several weeks. With all the fervor over Symphony being released yesterday and all of us foaming at the mouth to book the rest of the fleet, there is no way their reps or web infrastructure ciuld handle one release date.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wonder how many bookings they've lost due to people wanting to book earlier. I know I've looked at other lines. Heck, I've even booked on another line. I believe RCCL is the last major cruise line to open up late 2018 and 2019.

This has been RCI's MO for several years, and it doesn't seem to be hurting their business. If and when it does, they will probably reconsider. And we have been complaining about the slow release for as far back as I remember.:rolleyes:

I wonder how many bookings they've lost due to people wanting to book earlier. I know I've looked at other lines. Heck, I've even booked on another line. I believe RCCL is the last major cruise line to open up late 2018 and 2019.

I think that those loyal to Royal or looking for something more family oriented would come back to RCL. I lost my patience and booked a cruise to the Mediterranean with Celebrity and although I know the product is at a premium, so is their price! For a comparable cabin I booked the Symphony and will also book a second cruise with Royal Caribbean for the same price as a single cruise on Celebrity.

Are there more Med cruises for summer 2018 yet to be released? We want to do a 9+ night Med cruise in June but right now I only see 7 day.

Yes, more Med cruises on ships other than Symphony coming in the next few weeks.

Are there more Med cruises for summer 2018 yet to be released? We want to do a 9+ night Med cruise in June but right now I only see 7 day.

Yes...only Symphony 2018 sailings are available to book at the moment.

I think the rest of Europe are available to book next week or the week after.

Yes...only Symphony 2018 sailings are available to book at the moment.

I think the rest of Europe are available to book next week or the week after.

Wonderful! Thank you. We will be on the Serenade March 17th. It would be wonderful if we could book while on board.

Wonderful! Thank you. We will be on the Serenade March 17th. It would be wonderful if we could book while on board.

RCL told me yesterday the rest of Europe goes on sale the week of the 20th. You could still buy a future cruise voucher to get the benefits of onboard booking.

RCL told me yesterday the rest of Europe goes on sale the week of the 20th. You could still buy a future cruise voucher to get the benefits of onboard booking.

Better to book any future specific cruise and then change it. The Next Cruise certificate (if it even still exists) has much less OBC than booking a specific cruise.

Luckily we will be on board til the 27th. I've never bought a voucher before but would be nervous buying a one because if RC doesn't release an itinerary we like we will choose another line. Can a voucher be refunded?

Better to book any future specific cruise and then change it. The Next Cruise certificate (if it even still exists) has much less OBC than booking a specific cruise.

That's great advice. I did not know that but it will help me in the future. Thanks!

Luckily we will be on board til the 27th. I've never bought a voucher before but would be nervous buying a one because if RC doesn't release an itinerary we like we will choose another line. Can a voucher be refunded?

Book any future specific cruise and specify that you want the OBC on the future cruise. This way the booking remains fully refundable and can be changed if you see an itinerary come out that you like.

I have checked Cruise Cal and some more ships are posted up to April 2019

Freedom in Fort Lauderdale until May 18 and then to San Juan until April 2019

Disappointed in FOS going to San Juan, thought she would be going to North East based on Bar Harbor approving trial run "Freedom is set to visit on July 2, July 30 and Aug. 28".

http://www.mdislander.com/maine-news/megaship-trial-okd

Book any future specific cruise and specify that you want the OBC on the future cruise. This way the booking remains fully refundable and can be changed if you see an itinerary come out that you like.

Thanks Bob! I think that's what we will do.

I'm sure they're not losing sleep over it. :confused:

Disappointed in FOS going to San Juan, thought she would be going to North East based on Bar Harbor approving trial run "Freedom is set to visit on July 2, July 30 and Aug. 28".

http://www.mdislander.com/maine-news/megaship-trial-okd

In all honesty, I'm glad. I've been to Bar Harbor on both Jewel and Brilliance (medium sized ships) didn't feel overly crowded but somewhat crowded.

I can't imagine what Bar Harbor would be like if both Anthem AND Freedom were there. You can forget Acadia that day with all the tour buses going in I'm sure.

The Population of Bar Harbor is 5,000+. with both ships we're talking 12,000 :o

In all honesty, I'm glad. I've been to Bar Harbor on both Jewel and Brilliance (medium sized ships) didn't feel overly crowded but somewhat crowded.

I can't imagine what Bar Harbor would be like if both Anthem AND Freedom were there. You can forget Acadia that day with all the tour buses going in I'm sure.

The Population of Bar Harbor is 5,000+. with both ships we're talking 12,000 :o

The ships were scheduled for different days. I'm was just hoping for a second ship out of Port Liberty like Rhapsody was scheduled for last year.

The ships were scheduled for different days. I'm was just hoping for a second ship out of Port Liberty like Rhapsody was scheduled for last year.

They probably will be from Cape Liberty. Maybe Boston ?

Edited by CRUISEBOY305

Rhapsody changed their deployment schedule about 4 times last year. :mad:

The article doesn't say the 2 ships were scheduled to be docked on the same 4 days. It says there are 4 days when the daily passenger cap, of 3,500 would be exceeded. Freedom's capacity of 4328 and Anthem's of 4180 each exceed the cap. So they voted to allow exceeding the limit on the 4 trial dates when one of them would be there.

The article doesn't say the 2 ships were scheduled to be docked on the same 4 days. It says there are 4 days when the daily passenger cap, of 3,500 would be exceeded. Freedom's capacity of 4328 and Anthem's of 4180 each exceed the cap. So they voted to allow exceeding the limit on the 4 trial dates when one of them would be there.

I see . I misinterpreted