Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I was under the impression that as a C&A member, I would get "Early access" to new deployments for the 2018/19 season. I'm looking to book the Harmony for August or September 2018 ... so I thought I would get an early access??? I was expecting an email ... but if they are doing "staggered deployment" how will we get early access?????

Every year RCI promises priority to C&A members for early bookings. I have yet to see it happen. I understand your frustration, but it's something that the revenue department apparently does not respect, since we always get the promise from C&A, but never the reality.

I certainly might be wrong....but I think SY is all we will see today and maybe all we will see this week. I am guessing that they are having issues with the new "cabin recategorization" even in their internal booking system. I think with SY being new they were more easily able to load those categories and pricing. I think with the other ships being on the system with the "old cabin categories" that programming the "new categories" with the new dates/prices may be giving them problems. I am a computer dummy and don't know diddly squat about programming....but I know RC IT dept always has issues and I think this one is a big problem for them. Just my opinions!

Your opinion is as valued as anyone else's here. I think your experience as a long-time cruiser speaks for something. It's fairly well-known among frequent RCI cruisers that their IT department has a lot of issues.

We booked SOS last night to make sure we had the room we wanted. I too was really disappointed that it was leaving out of Barcelona instead of Rome as the flyer that had been posted suggested. We were going to tag a few more days before or after the cruise to spend in Venice and a few other spots. Not so much now that it sails from Barcelona.

We may end up changing to another ship eventually, but if not will be happy to be on SOS in July.

I had to pay like $60 more than my friend did for same category (2 rooms down) because he had a new booking and mine was a transfer from next cruise booking we had as a place holder. Guy on the phone said it was because once you book a cruise the taxes don't change or some crap. Anyone ever experience this? He gave us the option to cancel and lose the next cruise deposit, but was unwilling to match the price in anyway. Even waited on hold for a while as he checked the some other dept...

I booked a Symphony cruise with an agent this morning by transferring a current booking. The price quoted by the agent was exactly the same as the one I saw online. I suggest calling back and speaking to another agent.

I book the May 13 2018 sailing on Symphony this morning and got a confirmation number but I haven't seen an email. Nor have I need able to link my reservation with my log in on the website. Anyone else having these issues??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I made a second booking online and had to call RCI to get an email confirmation, which arrived immediately.

OK, so I followed the directions and for Adventure, the last date that shows is 4/28/2018 out of San Juan. Am I missing something?

No, you are ok. Nothing for the Adventure is showing beyond 4/2018. But Freedom shows in San Juan beginning in November.

Just speculation on where Adventure ultimately ends up, but given FOS is in San Juan and articles have been cited that indicate another large ship in NE in Fall 2018, it's a possibility.

mac_tlc

Doesn't make sense to me.... new refurb (Florider & slides) on Adventure... so put her up in cold weather port on cold weather fall itineraries?? Freedom (no slides) makes more sense in Bayonne to me.

I should be the head of deployment of RCL!

Instead of what I feel is a stupid deployment of all 4 Oasis ships in Florida doing all the same thing over and over and over and over and over again, I'd put an Oasis ship permanently in SJU with superb 7 day itineraries including Aruba & Curacao (just like current Adventure itineraries) with 3 sea days (for ship revenue).

I would then take Jewel with mixed shorter and longer cruises, including Panama Canal 14 day to LA and back.

While we're on this topic, I'd put a Quantum Class ship in Alaska... sell out in a heartbeat in my humble opinion.

For any of you who have ever been on Northstar or Two70 or sitting in front of the amazing floor-to-ceiling glass in the Solarium, can you just imagine watching the glaciers, whales, etc from these venues?

I pretty much agree with all of your points. The only reason I mentioned Adventure in Bayonne was because it looks Freedom is heading to San Juan. Adventure would seem like the only other option. I do think Adventure's slides would be wonderful for a 7 night Bermuda sailing though :D

I would love to see an Oasis Class in San Juan, but the only problem I see is the fact that Adventure has consistently lower prices than 7 night cruises from the US in my experience. Not sure why, but would San Juan be able to support the demand for an Oasis Class ship departing every week? I like the idea, but would it work?

Love the Jewel idea too.

Now regarding Quantum Class in Alaska...I would LOVE to see that. I would 100% go back to Alaska. I already want to at some point in the future, but a Q Class ship there would seal the deal. Personally, I think there's a decent chance, since we'll have two more Q Class coming on line in 2019 and 2020. I'm crossing my fingers.

Not sure why, but would San Juan be able to support the demand for an Oasis Class ship departing every week?

Hmmm 3200 passengers from AOS + 2100 from Jewel = 5300 for Oasis. Support the demand? I dare say yep... cause Jewel would be gone for 28 days heading to LA and back! ;).... and I think you'd get a ton of b2b cruisers with a Aruba/Curacao/Cartagena itinerary + a St Kitts/Barbados/Antigua itinerary + 6 seas days combined + a turn around day to enjoy Old San Juan in port if you're a b2b'er.

And thinking even further, you can do the above + match dates for a Jewel PC 14-day as well for a total of 28 days at sea.

{Sigh} back to reality....

Hmmm 3200 passengers from AOS + 2100 from Jewel = 5300 for Oasis. Support the demand? I dare say yep... cause Jewel would be gone for 28 days heading to LA and back! ;).... and I think you'd get a ton of b2b cruisers with a Aruba/Curacao/Cartagena itinerary + a St Kitts/Barbados/Antigua itinerary + 6 seas days combined + a turn around day to enjoy Old San Juan in port if you're a b2b'er.

And thinking even further, you can do the above + match dates for a Jewel PC 14-day as well for a total of 28 days at sea.

I like your thinking! :D

Knock yourself out, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Lots of Monday morning Quarterbacks around here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/career.do

Doesn't make sense to me.... new refurb (Florider & slides) on Adventure... so put her up in cold weather port on cold weather fall itineraries?? Freedom (no slides) makes more sense in Bayonne to me.

I should be the head of deployment of RCL!

Instead of what I feel is a stupid deployment of all 4 Oasis ships in Florida doing all the same thing over and over and over and over and over again, I'd put an Oasis ship permanently in SJU with superb 7 day itineraries including Aruba & Curacao (just like current Adventure itineraries) with 3 sea days (for ship revenue).

I would then take Jewel with mixed shorter and longer cruises, including Panama Canal 14 day to LA and back.

While we're on this topic, I'd put a Quantum Class ship in Alaska... sell out in a heartbeat in my humble opinion.

For any of you who have ever been on Northstar or Two70 or sitting in front of the amazing floor-to-ceiling glass in the Solarium, can you just imagine watching the glaciers, whales, etc from these venues?

Your dream job awaits you.

Job Description:

Marine Operations Analyst

Job Location:

Miami, Florida

Job Number:

Apply OnlineSend to a FriendPrintHow to Apply

Description

Marine Operations Analyst

Great vacations begin with great employees!

Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees in Miami, Fl. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is pleased to offer a competitive compensation & benefits package, and excellent career development opportunities, each offering unique ways to explore the world.

Position Summary

The function of the Program Analyst is to provide assistance and support to the Program Manager with the management of brand (or Global) Marine Operations and projects. This role will support the brand in delivering its reports required by the Marine Operations Program Management Office (PMO). The Analyst will consult with internal clients in various departments (shoreside and shipboard) to independently gather, analyze and report data for recommended courses of action. Projects assigned are typically top priority, high profile, and multi-departmental initiatives for the organization and this require continuous communication and interaction with the Program or Project Managers The position will manage all aspects of project planning, tracking and status reporting.

Career Snapshot

Collect and analyze a portfolio of system, brand and compliance reports, providing trend analysis and assists with developing recommendations on preventative/corrective/new courses of action if needed

Assist Program management with developing ways to stream-line business practices and make a more efficient data driven organization

Support the Marine Operations business analytics strategy

Project coordination and support for tracking/monitoring and reporting of large size projects, sometimes simultaneously, from inception to completion, ensuring on-time, on-budget delivery of project

Acting as project management‘s analytical advisor through support in form of issue identification, objective analysis and communication of project areas and subsystems

Adapting the work approach according to changing priorities

Track total remaining work and project progress against milestone plans

Facilitates best practice sharing to other Marine Brands and departments throughout the corporation

Performs vendor consultations/facilitations to monitor progress and ascertain and define needs or problem areas and obtain solutions

Supports project teams in collection of quantitative/qualitative statistics, performs basic numerical analysis (Financial and statistical).

Requirements

Bachelor degree or above in Industrial Engineering

Ability to coherently define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and find pragmatic solutions to problems

Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables

Ability to read, analyze and interpret contracts, financial reports, legal documents, and government regulations

Knowledge of or some experience with process improvement methods & techniques

Ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, co-workers, customers, vendors, shoreside and shipboard employees

Solid written and verbal communication skills a must. Clear and precise communication at all levels of the organization essential

Excellent interpersonal skills, strength in communicating in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management

Excellent administrative, organizational and presentation skills

Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment

Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project required. Familiarity with email, internet applications and AutoCAD system essential.

Join our team as our Marine Operations Analyst. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 30-60 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.

Join us at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., where great vacations begin with great employees!

RCL is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.

Operational Areas

Fleet Optimization

No, you are ok. Nothing for the Adventure is showing beyond 4/2018. But Freedom shows in San Juan beginning in November.

Just speculation on where Adventure ultimately ends up, but given FOS is in San Juan and articles have been cited that indicate another large ship in NE in Fall 2018, it's a possibility.

mac_tlc

Freedom in San Juan begging in May 2018

If there are any Celebrity fans here, Celebrity Edge showing sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale starting in December 2018

Probably will take Allure's spot from Terminal 18. I was thinking even though Allure is moving to Miami, RCCL will not easily give up Saturday or Sunday's at Terminal 18, FLL.

Why Allure to Miami with Symphony? Maybe upcoming competition from other new builds, MSC, Virgin, NCL, Aida to name a few.

Probably will take Allure's spot from Terminal 18. I was thinking even though Allure is moving to Miami, RCCL will not easily give up Saturday or Sunday's at Terminal 18, FLL.

Why Allure to Miami with Symphony? Maybe upcoming competition from other new builds, MSC, Virgin, NCL, Aida to name a few.

Celebrity Edge will not require terminal 18. She can dock at the other piers too.

That's exactly why they're moving to Miami ;)

So much for me keeping an eye on deployment.

Made a call to our Australian office, as even though some itineraries are displayed on the website, the ships are not. Apparently we are not able to book what has already been released to the US market (don't know about the UK). Our deployment will be progressively rolled out until August.

Well you know what that's too late for me to transfer a 2017 booking to a similar (if there is such a beast) itinerary in 2018. It may already be booked out as the Vision 2017 TA was when I went to make the booking when we were on board Radiance last September.

So, I've had enough. Jumping ship. Loyalty is irrelevant. Very unhappy.

Hi Lorraine,

I didn't think it was possible either, but Bigeck posted something about it yesterday, and I asked the question and someone else said it can be done!!

We've never changed anything we've booked in advance so far, this will be the first time.

Margaret

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ive done it Royal to Celebrity (12 months back) but not tried the other way around.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app