Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I believe Adventure will be going to NJ...not sure if it will be replacing or in addition to Anthem.

Not to make it too crazy but there's an article in a paper in Bar Harbor about the Freedom going to NJ in 2018 and doing some NE cruises.. That would be nice if it does happen.

You had to be one of the cool kids

From what I understand, for several hours last evening, the only way to book was to contact the C&A booking desk

I actually called the main Royal number, not C&A, around 8pm and got through easily and booked with no questions.

If you are referring to the westbound transatlantic from northern Europe to Boston in August, that is one of the most expensive sailings, expecially for suites. My experience is that suites sell out the first day.

I travel solo, so it would be an inside for me. I have some friends on the one this year, and they got decent prices when the one in Aug. first came out. But I do realize it will be pricier than other TA's.

Has anyone heard what shows will be on Symphony? I think it's odd that the ship is out for booking without any details like shows being released.

Wayyyyyyyy too early for that.

Royal literally just unveiled the name (officially) and itinerary. Baby steps [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Really disappointed that no other Europe cruise was released for the summer of 2018. I guess I have to wait another 2 weeks :(. Interested by SOS but I really didn't want to leave from Barcelona.

We booked SOS last night to make sure we had the room we wanted. I too was really disappointed that it was leaving out of Barcelona instead of Rome as the flyer that had been posted suggested. We were going to tag a few more days before or after the cruise to spend in Venice and a few other spots. Not so much now that it sails from Barcelona.

We may end up changing to another ship eventually, but if not will be happy to be on SOS in July.

I had to pay like $60 more than my friend did for same category (2 rooms down) because he had a new booking and mine was a transfer from next cruise booking we had as a place holder. Guy on the phone said it was because once you book a cruise the taxes don't change or some crap. Anyone ever experience this? He gave us the option to cancel and lose the next cruise deposit, but was unwilling to match the price in anyway. Even waited on hold for a while as he checked the some other dept...

Hmm, so torn.... change my feb cruise on Oasis to a June (anniversary) cruise on SOS!!!! Or, maybe try to convince DH that we should keep the Feb on Oasis and add a Dec on Symphony??!! :). #firstworldproblems

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The latter option seems like the obvious answer :)

mac_tlc

We booked SOS last night to make sure we had the room we wanted. I too was really disappointed that it was leaving out of Barcelona instead of Rome as the flyer that had been posted suggested. We were going to tag a few more days before or after the cruise to spend in Venice and a few other spots. Not so much now that it sails from Barcelona.

We may end up changing to another ship eventually, but if not will be happy to be on SOS in July.

I had to pay like $60 more than my friend did for same category (2 rooms down) because he had a new booking and mine was a transfer from next cruise booking we had as a place holder. Guy on the phone said it was because once you book a cruise the taxes don't change or some crap. Anyone ever experience this? He gave us the option to cancel and lose the next cruise deposit, but was unwilling to match the price in anyway. Even waited on hold for a while as he checked the some other dept...

I just switched over a dummy booking from The Freedom of the Seas to the Sept 16, 2018 Symphony and the invoice had the taxes from the Freedom, my TA called Royal and they corrected it so I suspect your final invoice will reflect the correct taxes and fees.

I was also hoping for the Rome departure as I want to do a b2b with another cruise to the Greek isles. At this point I am willing to fly from Barcelona to Rome to catch that second ship.

I was also hoping for the Rome departure as I want to do a b2b with another cruise to the Greek isles. At this point I am willing to fly from Barcelona to Rome to catch that second ship.

We are doing a Greek Island cruise on the Jewel this year prior to our Freedom TA from Barcelona. They are 6 days apart, from disembarking the Jewel to embarking the Freedom. We will suffer through 5 nights in a villa in Tuscany before taking a cheap flight from Florence to Barcelona on Vueling Air the morning before the TA. We spent 5 nights in Barcelona this past October prior to the Harmony TA, so this year we are focusing on Italy and Greece!:cool:

Wow! We did our 1st Next-cruise last fall; the pricing seemed ridiculously high at the time (for the sneaky underhanded reason you ran into???) but we thought, "...ahh, it's just a placeholder". If this is not a scam I will apologize to RCI vut the way it looks right now...

I book the May 13 2018 sailing on Symphony this morning and got a confirmation number but I haven't seen an email. Nor have I need able to link my reservation with my log in on the website. Anyone else having these issues??

I'm worried now as we have a place holder that I'm hoping to switch when the southern Caribbean sailings are released.

I book the May 13 2018 sailing on Symphony this morning and got a confirmation number but I haven't seen an email. Nor have I need able to link my reservation with my log in on the website. Anyone else having these issues??

I booked online last night and was able to see my booking on the website immediately.

An hour ago I called C&A to switch rooms and I received the email confirmation before the call ended.