Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Call the main reservation number and use the automated confirmation system, the e-mail will appear instantly. See this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=52499837&postcount=254

I never knew this before. Thank you for the information -- just goes to show, you learn something new every day! :)

The $63.48 or $130 numbers are in USD currency. In CAD currency is $84 pp.

I used an existing booking and switched to Symphony TA on Mar 8. The taxes were $172CA pp yet the website shows $84CA every time I did a mock booking in the last 2 days. So I called RCI yesterday. The agent acknowledged the taxes discrepancy and corrected from $172CA to $84CA pp. That's $176CA difference! At first the agent explained that the taxes were different due to my previous cruise booking but I countered back that "the cruise fare can change but not the taxes. Taxes should reflect the current sailing, not the previous sailing." That got through to the RCI agent.

Good for you for being persistent! I've been dragging my feet, but I need to call and see if my taxes are correct for the 2 SY cruises I booked. I suspect not.

If you booked...There was an error in port fees and taxes, if you booked first day. They are 63.48 each for Symphony TA. Mine were showing 130 each. My new total is under 2300 for the 8D. You have to call ROYAL and get it changed. Saved me $133.04 for the two of us.

As usual, Royal is consistently inconsistent. We contacted them and they said they cannot adjust port fees and taxes. We told them that fees and taxes had been adjusted for others and they still said it cannot be adjusted. So, we called back to C&A and they got it adjusted.

Edited by carden

As usual, Royal is consistently inconsistent. We contacted them and they said they cannot adjust port fees and taxes. We told them that fees and taxes had been adjusted for others and they still said it cannot be adjusted.

I have been told no adjustment by 3 reps so far. I got a surprise call back after I booked from someone to verify my booking went through who said finance would eventually correct it in a couple of weeks. We may end up on another sailing anyway so I am not going to fuss too much with it till we settle on a sailing. At that point I will raise some heck if needed.

I did get an extra $100 OBC with the new promotion today as my price hadn't gone up like many have reported.

Good for you for being persistent! I've been dragging my feet, but I need to call and see if my taxes are correct for the 2 SY cruises I booked. I suspect not.

Hi Karen,

Before I called RCI to book, I did a mock booking to make sure the price is either the same or lower from the RCI agent. The price including taxes was higher so I got the agent to go through the breakdown with me as the invoice could not be emailed out in the first 24 hours of the release date. The taxes was the only thing different from the website. The agent told me the website might have the incorrect amount.

The next day I called to add gratuities and the booking invoice was emailed to me immediately. So I did another mock booking and yes, the taxes was much higher than what's showing on RCI website. So I waited one more day to make sure the taxes is still the same on the 3rd day (yes, still the same) before I called and finally, got it reduce to the correct amount. No travel agent will work this hard for my cruise bookings. :D

Sarah

Hi Karen,

Before I called RCI to book, I did a mock booking to make sure the price is either the same or lower from the RCI agent. The price including taxes was higher so I got the agent to go through the breakdown with me as the invoice could not be emailed out in the first 24 hours of the release date. The taxes was the only thing different from the website. The agent told me the website might have the incorrect amount.

The next day I called to add gratuities and the booking invoice was emailed to me immediately. So I did another mock booking and yes, the taxes was much higher than what's showing on RCI website. So I waited one more day to make sure the taxes is still the same on the 3rd day (yes, still the same) before I called and finally, got it reduce to the correct amount. No travel agent will work this hard for my cruise bookings. :D

Sarah

Mine does!! Each and every time and I appreciate all her hard work!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree totally! Ours is outstanding and works very hard on our bookings. She also had to contact them to get the fees reduced. She did so and immediately emailed me the updated invoice!

Agree totally! Ours is outstanding and works very hard on our bookings. She also had to contact them to get the fees reduced. She did so and immediately emailed me the updated invoice!

Hmm.... I am in need of a new travel agent!

Same issue here... I called and they won't adjust the taxes and port fees. The RCL agent tried to rebook it but the price I got on the first release day was better than the prices they are advertising today. I agreed to leave it alone but it is quite annoying to see that others have successfully got RCL to adjust the fees and taxes to the lower price.

The strange explanation/excuse I received is that the taxes and fees can change daily and they have no control over that. That does g sound right, but whatever! It was a savings of $84 for the three of us but I guess I should just be happy I got a descent price on the cruise fare to begin with.

One thing I noticed is that OBC is showing today where it wasn't there on Wednesday on day 1

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

The OBC is a special running March 10-13

T&C

*Cruise must be booked on or between Mar. 10-13, 2017 ("Offer Period"). Offer applies to sailings departing on or after Apr. 9, 2017. Offer excludes China departures. Offer includes 30% off the standard cruise fare for all guests in a stateroom; all stateroom categories. Offer also includes Onboard Credit ("OBC") determined by sailing length and stateroom category booked: For sailings 5 night or less: $25 OBC per stateroom for Interior or Oceanview, $50 OBC per stateroom for Balcony and Suite. For sailings 6 night or longer: $50 OBC per stateroom for Interior or Oceanview, $100 OBC per stateroom for Balcony and Suite. OBC is in USD, has no cash value, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise. Offer also provides for Dollars Off per stateroom for Anthem of the Seas sailings departing on or after April 2, 2017 determined by sailing length and stateroom category booked: For sailings 5 night sailings or less: $25 off per stateroom for Interior or Oceanview, $50 off per stateroom for Balcony, and $75 off per stateroom for Suite. For sailings 6 night or longer: $50 off per stateroom for Interior or Oceanview, $75 off per stateroom for Balcony, and $100 off per stateroom for Suite. Offer will be applied automatically at time of booking with dollars off discount applied first, followed by percent savings which is applied to final balance. All other charges, including, but not limited to, taxes, fees and port expenses, are additional and apply to all guests. 30% Savings is combinable with adjoining OBC, Additional Anthem Dollars Off, Crown & Anchor discounts, NextCruise offers and Shareholder Benefits. OBC and Additional Anthem Dollars Off are not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. 30% Savings, OBC and Additional Anthem Dollars Off are not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including but not limited to, restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, and Military), Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking or rebooks into a new booking on the same ship and sail date, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates. Individual reservations may be transferred into an existing group, assuming required criteria are met, though full deposit will be required at time of transfer. Failure to apply the required full deposit amount may result in the cancellation of the booking. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare are eligible for full amount of Offer; single occupancy guests paying less than 200% cruise fare are eligible for a prorated amount of the Offer. Offer available to residents of United States and Canada. Prices and Offer are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to http://www.royalcaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior noti

How bizarre. Is this one of those anachronistic laws meant to protect some other industry?
It's meant to protect the non-existent American built and flagged cruise industry (I know NCL has Pride of America that is US flagged but NCL had to go through a few hoops to get it flagged as part of the ship was built in Mississippi and the rest in Europe).

Okay so I was doing some detective work regarding Freedom in San Juan. I noticed that from May through October, she sails on Saturdays. However, her 10/20/18 sailing is 8 nights and puts her on a Sunday-Sunday schedule. I would say this definitely confirms that she will be the only ship in San Juan during the summer. That means Adventure is going elsewhere (Bayonne? Florida?), at least for the summer. Now, once Freedom switches to the Sun-Sun schedule, that means another ship will be taking over the Sat-Sats. Will that be Jewel or Adventure? Adventure has done the Sat-Sat itineraries in the past, so it might be her. But then where does Jewel go? If Jewel goes to San Juan, where is Adventure throughout the winter?

I know, we'll all know this soon enough, but it's fun to speculate! :D

Okay so I was doing some detective work regarding Freedom in San Juan. I noticed that from May through October, she sails on Saturdays. However, her 10/20/18 sailing is 8 nights and puts her on a Sunday-Sunday schedule. I would say this definitely confirms that she will be the only ship in San Juan during the summer. That means Adventure is going elsewhere (Bayonne? Florida?), at least for the summer. Now, once Freedom switches to the Sun-Sun schedule, that means another ship will be taking over the Sat-Sats. Will that be Jewel or Adventure? Adventure has done the Sat-Sat itineraries in the past, so it might be her. But then where does Jewel go? If Jewel goes to San Juan, where is Adventure throughout the winter?

I am 98% sure AD is going to Bayonne....I just don't know if it is year around or seasonal. I am guessing when FR goes to Sunday then JW will do the Sat run. Until the last couple of years, AD did Sundarys and JW or SR or BR (whatever RD class was there at the time) did the Saturday runs.

I like speculating too. I would think perhaps Indy would take back over the 6/8 schedule Freedom currently does in the winter from FLL and AD would take over the 5/5/4 schedule that Indy has been doing during the winter. Or, no change for Indy during the winter and AD takes over the 6/8 schedule for Freedom during the winter.

My thoughts.

atgood

Hi Karen,

Sarah

Sarah, thank you for your feedback. I will take all of your advice and run with it. :)

My experience with TA's, except for one, who sadly passed away, has been similar to yours. I always say, no one cares more about my vacation than I do. :D :D

I always say, no one cares more about my vacation than I do.

I agree with that! However, my TA has more "pull" with RC Than I do for those times that need "special attention". However, you probably have more "pull" than my TA! :D:hearteyes:

I agree with that! However, my TA has more "pull" with RC Than I do for those times that need "special attention". However, you probably have more "pull" than my TA! :D:hearteyes:

The only "pull" I have is my previous experience and whatever knowledge that might have brought me. I think that being in the right place at the right time has as much to do with special attention as anything. Serendipity. :)

"Good Deal"

Norfolk would probably pay Royal!

Instead of Royal charging us port fees we would get a credit.....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Maybe they are returning to Norfolk.

Royal's website has directions to Norfolk.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=317&faqSubjectId=331

But it could just be an old link.