2017 Grandeur Refurbishment

niceneasy

I'll be getting onboard this Saturday for a 5 night Bermuda cruise. Looking forward to a refreshed ship. This is my third Grandeur cruise and all three have been to Bermuda love this ship it is the perfect size ship for me.

I'll be watching for your review

I would LOVE if they replaced the shower curtain with the doors! I can't get my wife to sail on grandeur anymore (and we live in Baltimore!) because she can't stand when the shower curtain sticks to you in the shower LOL. She says there are plenty of other ships without the shower curtain ;) It's so convenient though because we are 15 minutes away from the pier.

On deck 8, there are about 10 oversized OV cabins midship that are called Panoramic OV. They were added a few years back from the remodeling of lounge areas. Since they are relatively new, I'm fairly certain that the showers have doors.

I have been watching Marine Traffic to see her travel home. Getting closer.

Me too. She's about to cross from Virginia into Maryland. As a Maryland resident, this makes me happy.

Tim, I wish I could Bro. Here's an idea. My math say she'll go under the Bay Bridge around 1:00 and under the Key Bridge around 2:00 in the morning. Look up the traffic cams on the Maryland State Highway Administration

Tim, I wish I could Bro. Here's an idea. My math say she'll go under the Bay Bridge around 1:00 and under the Key Bridge around 2:00 in the morning. Look up the traffic cams on the Maryland State Highway Administration

Good idea. If I'm still awake I will definitely do that.

Tim, and to think you and Courtney thought this was just a filler between cruises. Admit it Bro, there's a certain something about Grandeur that makes it stand out amongst the others. We need to get Matt on her, for research of course.

Tim, and to think you and Courtney thought this was just a filler between cruises. Admit it Bro, there's a certain something about Grandeur that makes it stand out amongst the others. We need to get Matt on her, for research of course.

Haha. I love Lady G! I can't wait to go back on her July 8th.

Very tempting.

The itinerary is insane.

Oct. 25 - Sail Away

Oct. 26 - Sea Day

Oct. 27 - Arrive in Bermuda around 4:00

Oct. 28 - Bermuda

Oct. 29 - Leave Bermuda at 5:00

Oct. 30. - Sea Day

Oct. 31. - Sea Day (Halloween on a Sea Day could be interesting)

Nov. 1 - Baltimore

As a Maryland resident, this makes me happy.

Look up the traffic cams on the Maryland State Highway Administration

I am a lifetime Maryland resident too which is why I wanted to sail out of Baltimore. I check the highway webcams often and never thought to look for the Grandeur.

Haha. I love Lady G! I can't wait to go back on her July 8th.
I hope you do another live review and I will be leaving when you return.

On deck 8, there are about 10 oversized OV cabins midship that are called Panoramic OV. They were added a few years back from the remodeling of lounge areas. Since they are relatively new, I'm fairly certain that the showers have doors.

Nope.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Grandeur is currently still in Baltimore. Having propulsion problems according to those onboard who are posting on FB. They also had an alpha call an hour or two ago. I would never book the first cruise after drydock.

Grandeur is currently still in Baltimore. Having propulsion problems according to those onboard who are posting on FB. They also had an alpha call an hour or two ago. I would never book the first cruise after drydock.

What has been redone from what you can see. Carpeting and furniture? Love to know if the ship was really cleaned up.

What has been redone from what you can see. Carpeting and furniture? Love to know if the ship was really cleaned up.

I'm not onboard, but what has been reported is what has been said all along. As I said in my post, "according to those onboard". Cosmetic-carpeting, upholstery, and I assume the two cracks on deck 10. I'm still not sure why people think more was going to be done than has been reported.

I'm not onboard, but what has been reported is what has been said all along. As I said in my post, "according to those onboard". Cosmetic-carpeting, upholstery, and I assume the two cracks on deck 10. I'm still not sure why people think more was going to be done than has been reported.

Agree. Lot of people assume every Dry Dock they replace lot of things, furniture, carpet. Not needed as Royal does keep most of everything else taken care while ship is in operation. Main reason for most Dry Docks like this one is just to get ship out of water to do maintenance on Machine side.

LOL still at it huh? Because MORE was done!.....:rolleyes:

LOL still at it huh? Because MORE was done!.....:rolleyes:

Not according to those that boarded today. The bigger issue is people think they should have redone the entire interior of the ship. Geez. You have never said exactly what other "work" you think was done.

We were onboard in Nov and April and the Hotel director and Captain both said at both Captain's Corners that no major things were being done. Just basic work that can only be done in drydock and some cosmetic work including the cracks on deck 10. They certainly didn't add any venues or major renovations of any kind.