2017 Grandeur Refurbishment

niceneasy

I have a friend that went on her cruise today and is going to give me her opinion when she gets back and I will see pictures from her cruise. Although I have not been on this one so nothing to compare to but interested in see pictures and what she thought. Stay tune she just took off today.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not according to those that boarded today. The bigger issue is people think they should have redone the entire interior of the ship. Geez. You have never said exactly what other "work" you think was done.

We were onboard in Nov and April and the Hotel director and Captain both said at both Captain's Corners that no major things were being done. Just basic work that can only be done in drydock and some cosmetic work including the cracks on deck 10. They certainly didn't add any venues or major renovations of any kind.

Actually I did in a previous post and complete overhaul of the pool decking added to that list.:rolleyes:

A few postings here asked for menus and photos. I have uploaded scans of Cruise Compass, teen & kids activities schedules, ship photos, cabin photos, and photos of menus from three sailings (January 2015, November 2016, and March 2017 here.

jg

A few postings here asked for menus and photos. I have uploaded scans of Cruise Compass, teen & kids activities schedules, ship photos, cabin photos, and photos of menus from three sailings (January 2015, November 2016, and March 2017 here.

jg

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

I hope this dry dock was better than the "revitalization". We fit the TA crossing the fall after and named her "Sewer of the Seas". Deck 4 cabins stank and some had no water. Captain avoided all contact with passengers until last day, then got a new one torn by all the angry passengers. Funny thing was, Richard Fain and other execs were getting on when we got off to see what they paid for!

jg

Thanks but I think we are looking for post drydock photos?

We loved the Grandeur and we were looking forward to cruising her again.

But thought this refurbishment was going to at least replace carpeting. More than once on our cruise water issues in rooms, pipes leaking were seen on floor 7. Fans were deployed. But it did get musky smell. Molds not good. RCL must be selling this ship. With such a loyal following why else would they not really clean her up.

But thought this refurbishment was going to at least replace carpeting. More than once on our cruise water issues in rooms, pipes leaking were seen on floor 7. Fans were deployed. But it did get musky smell. Molds not good. RCL must be selling this ship. With such a loyal following why else would they not really clean her up.

Things like painting and carpet replacement is stuff they do as needed, if bad don't wait for a 5 yr Dry Dock. When the Explorer was 2 months old I sailed on her and they were already replacing damaged carpet in the halls. Sovereign/Majesty and Vision/Grandeur class are older ships but even when brand new had some bad smells on lower decks...

:rolleyes:

LOL Sure they MUST be....K.O.:rolleyes:

Just off Grandeur and the main improvements seem to be a lot of new carpet In public areas and some exterior painting along with a new pool deck tv and flooring on both decks 9 and 10. Other than that there were no other improvements I saw. The ship is showing it's age but is in fairly good shape. We had several toilet not flushing issues but they were addressed quickly by the plumbing staff. Our cabin 7036 had a very annoying cracking sound from the wall area behind the sofa the entire time the ship was on the move making it a little harder to get a good nights sleep but it was totally quiet whils stopped in port.

One more note on the cruise they have gotten very stingy with the amount of alcohol in the drinks. Every bar I went to was strictly enforcing their one small shot per drink. I asked a staff member and was told they are being watched and better not get caught pouring a heavy drink and no a little extra tip won't change that.

One more note on the cruise they have gotten very stingy with the amount of alcohol in the drinks. Every bar I went to was strictly enforcing their one small shot per drink. I asked a staff member and was told they are being watched and better not get caught pouring a heavy drink and no a little extra tip won't change that.

:mad: Not OK with THAT! - Thanks for the heads up.

Lisa N