Best scenery cruise

travelingla

I really like the Norwegian Fjords. I did a cruise in May and I am going to do another one next June.

But I can also recommend the Eastern Mediterranean (Venice, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Santorini).

Especially are the Chilean Fjords :)

New Zealand is spectacular - the Sounds in the South Island is jaw dropping even in summer. Also cruising into the Bay of Islands and Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty in the North Island is pretty amazing as well.

Yeah not much wrong with sailing around New Zealand :)

Another vote for the Norwegian Fjords. I wasn't a scenic cruiser type of person and just went because it was on my mom's bucket list. I am now converted. I even got up at 4:30 AM to see seven sisters and the entry into Geiranger and I am sooooooo glad I did. It was gorgeous.

New Zealand is spectacular - the Sounds in the South Island is jaw dropping even in summer. Also cruising into the Bay of Islands and Mount Maunganui, Bay of Plenty in the North Island is pretty amazing as well.

We're booked on a cruise from Sydney to Auchland but all the ports are in the South Pacific including Fiji, New Caldonia, and Tonga. I've been reading a lot on how beautiful New Zealand is and now I'm second guessing our pick. Should we reschedule just for New Zealand ports?

I really like the Norwegian Fjords. I did a cruise in May and I am going to do another one next June.

But I can also recommend the Eastern Mediterranean (Venice, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Santorini).

Especially are the Chilean Fjords :)

Are the Norwegian Fjords less prone to weather than the ones in Chile?

Seems like the Vision did Cape Horn recently and didn't get to follow the scheduled route due to weather

Not at all unusual !

Here's one from youtube:

and remember, the camera flattens the seas so these were BIG waves :) Edited by pspercy

Oh yes..........done it twice and waiting for RCI to do it again. The Delta is really beautiful when you go through at night and see the "Flares" burning off.

:D

I live in the area and love the N Orleans port sail away more than any other!! Love the meandering curves all the way to the Gulf.....would love to return during the daylight but it takes about 8 hrs so we always sail back in the dark.

I sooooo wish we'd get better ships!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Norwegian Fjords. I wasn't a scenic cruiser type of person and just went because it was on my mom's bucket list. I am now converted. I even got up at 4:30 AM to see seven sisters and the entry into Geiranger and I am sooooooo glad I did. It was gorgeous.

funny that so many are 'voting' Norway as that is what I've been researching! Just wanted to hear from the ones who've been there/done that [emoji4]

It's not too much like AK? We've done Ak twice.... loved it.....would hate to go all the way to Norway and my husband say it is too similar to AK.....

What cruise ship do you recommend?

I doubt we ever make it to New Zealand but I've been reading up on it too [emoji2]

Thanks for all the discussion.....keep it going....

Norwegian Fjords and New Zealand Sounds.

We did a 14N out of Sydney to New Zealand on the Voyager of the Seas back in 2012. Here is the cruise critic review. Breathtaking beauty.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754553&highlight=voyager+food+fantastic

We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas to Iceland and Norway in May 2014. Again, breathtaking. Here is the review on cruise critic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2058253

To whet your appetite, here was the view from our aft balcony on the Adventure of the Seas as we sailed through the fjords.

[YOUTUBE]_AY9BwVSTHc[/YOUTUBE]

Similar views, this time from the New Zealand sounds.

[YOUTUBE]jC0FKF2G_os[/YOUTUBE]

In NZ, another cruise ship passing by in the opposite direction.

[YOUTUBE]tn7K-wvhqtY[/YOUTUBE]

We did a 14N out of Sydney to New Zealand on the Voyager of the Seas back in 2012. Here is the cruise critic review. Breathtaking beauty.

We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas to Iceland and Norway in May 2014. Again, breathtaking. Here is the review on cruise critic.

To whet your appetite, here was the view from our aft balcony on the Adventure of the Seas as we sailed through the fjords.

Nice video. Thanks for sharing.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1754553&highlight=voyager+food+fantastic

Thank you so much for sharing!!!! beautiful

[YOUTUBE]_AY9BwVSTHc[/YOUTUBE]

Y

[YOUTUBE]jC0FKF2G_os[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tn7K-wvhqtY[/YOUTUBE]

Definitely not too much like Alaska.:D we did Australia/New Zealand on Radiance and Norwegian Fjords on Visions. Loved both ships