Margarittaville At Sea is Everything Jimmy Buffet is NOT!

Lido_Deck

I had 2 meals left on my plan and used one there.

This was the Nassau port our last day, so i stayed on the mostly empty ship.

It was quiet with some people eating. Not a lot.

I had my book and had a nice quiet lunch, with a nice breeze blowing. Everything was freshly made. Nachos and the Grouper sandwich was excellent. Ordered a couple of drinks and i was one happy camper. Service was attentive due to hardly no one being there.

Nice that they have breakfast, didnt know. Thanks for the info.

The Escape was one of our best cruises.

I agree.

It all started when NCL announced that Margaritaville would be complimentary. The idea was that people could zip in and zip out for a quick bite/drink or sit down for a meal.

During the first few sailing, it was very popular. So popular that NCL decided to make it à la carte. That turned people off and now, nobody cares about Margaritaville. The place was usually empty or nearly empty when we were there.

My wife actually liked the food there but after the first time (with the blaring music), we ordered it as room service for the rest of the cruise.

From my experience, the bolded bit is only somewhat accurate.

I was on the first 7-day sailing of Escape back in November and Margaritaville could only be considered "popular" because there were super long waits to get in. However, the waits weren't caused by there being so many people there. In fact, most of the seats in the restaurant were empty. Apparently, the kitchen for the restaurant was "too small to keep up with too many orders", so they were only seating people in a small portion of the restaurant.

The day I went (and I only went because it was free...), it was just as empty as in the pictures at the beginning of this thread...and I had a 50 minute wait before I was seated. They gave me a little buzzer and I walked around the deck and watched the waves until it finally buzzed. Fifty minutes. And I was traveling solo. There may have been ten other tables being used. At least that day.

I thought the food was good, but nothing to write home about. Certainly nothing I would pay extra for. Maybe if there was a lively, fun atmosphere, I'd consider it...but I'm not a foodie. I'm just as happy with my free meal in the dining room than the "Margaritaville" meal. Especially with a charge.

Edited by dreamr

Did you take pictures? I'd love to see a comparison.

I'm sorry, I didn't. The nachos were huge though. It was like a tower. And the burger - I had to give my husband half because it was also huge. We usually only eat there once per cruise - just because it is junk food!

Did you take pictures? I'd love to see a comparison.

Google found these. Having tried both, there is no comparison between the Margaritaville nachos and the bacon nacho travesty at O'Sheehan's.

E1D2F015-3036-4ADD-B7E0-5A5C2D8B0684_zpsks1mn9i4.jpg

79DCCAEE-4798-4CCC-AE5F-B1CD5BA6C6ED_zpsmf4eoqgn.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Good to hear they're open for breakfast now. I'm sure that's not a margaritaville menu. The land based ones aren't open for breakfast.

This was the Margaritaville at Sea breakfast menu. I'd love to see it return instead of the standard buffet food. It was way better than Flamingo Grill breakfast.

C3FC0E0D-51C2-4BB8-8073-8764EA97F3C9_zpsewrekaky.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We will be back on the Escape next month. We are in the group that had been excited about Margaritaville until we actually boarded the ship in January. As OP said, so boring and not even close to an original Margaritaville experience.

And as this same venue area on the 'Away' ships has always been a favorite for us, we will look forward to trying it for breakfast.....if we get up in time;)

that 2nd pic of nachos makes me wanna cry...def an app, a kids app!!! most place at home you order nachos and its a meal. the good news is you wont bust your diet eating that small bowl of nachos. do they let you order 2 at a time?

id sooner pay for the top pic of nachos.

that 2nd pic of nachos makes me wanna cry...def an app, a kids app!!! most place at home you order nachos and its a meal. the good news is you wont bust your diet eating that small bowl of nachos. do they let you order 2 at a time?

id sooner pay for the top pic of nachos.

Yes, you can order 2. Who sprinkles bacon on nachos? As bad as those O'Sheehan's nachos look, they look better than I've ever seen them look in person. One time mine had 6 chips. I'm not even exaggerating. It was about 1am, we were hammered, and we couldn't stop laughing hysterically at my pathetic 6 chip plate of "nachos".

Wish I knew that Margaritaville served breakfast while I was on board last week! I would have definitely taken advantage of that! As for the venue as a whole, I really enjoyed it. Granted, I'm not a parrothead so I didn't have any preconceived notions beforehand. Garden Cafe was absolutely crazy on sea days so I found the nominal upcharge at Margaritaville to be well worth it for the relaxing atmosphere and great view. The food is much better than Sheehan's so it's somewhat justified from that perspective as well. I did enjoy Sheehan's as well though.

Good to hear they're open for breakfast now. I'm sure that's not a margaritaville menu. The land based ones aren't open for breakfast.

Some exceptions, including the one at Miami International Airport, which serves daily breakfast.

Will be interesting to see how it does on the Breakaway, I think it opens the week before our sailing. Nice to know it may be an option for breakfast as we would probably try it. I will certainly see how they are for drinks, not sure I would pay for any food from there. But I suppose we shall see, might be the we gotta try it at least once and see.

Oh my

A tourist destination on a tourist destination is not what it seems :eek:

What next?

Planet Hollywood has no movie stars and is nothing like Hollywood?

The Hard Rock has no real rock stars?

That pre-mix/pre-made margaritta went to someone's parrot head.

:)

Edited by david_sobe

Here's the main question...are the burgers better than the Uptown Grill?

I remember being really impressed by my UB burger. They nailed medium-rare, which doesn't happen often. The waffles fries were fantastic, too.

I'll be back on the BA in the next few months and was really looking forward to the UB&G. No chance I'll be eating at Margarativile except for the free breakfast.

It is such a shame. I really do think that if NCL had left it as a free venue like it started out that it would probably be busy all the time and they would probably put music there but in their reach for that extra $50.00 from everyone decided to make it Ala Carte and everyone decided to go to the free places instead.

Im sure Jimmy Buffet would not be happy either

Maybe they need to start serving lobster with a side of bottled water. Add a rum and coke (no pepsi) and based on this forum, it will be the most popular restaurant at sea. :p

Not if it charges a large fee for Del Feeos convenience- whoops- my mistake, for our convenience[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums