I got a visit from the Upgrade Fairy

dsvd79

We got upgraded today too. We had a Family Interior for Oasis in Oct and called to ask about paying for an Ocean View or Balcony. There were no family ocean view balcony rooms left, but we got a family room with a 25% obstructed view window for no charge (it actually came up $16 less for the week). The room is about 10 square feet larger too.

The room is at the front of the ship (other one was near the front too) on deck 11. From looking at the ship, I assume that the front of the ship is the obstruction so looking down you'd see the ship and not full water.

I'm happy.

Edited by mattg43

It is a connecting room which isn't issue. We have stayed in them before and no issues. Also it is near the stairs.

our one and only experience with a connecting cabin ( never again)

we had to have sealed up with foam and gaffer tape. ( it had also been done before as the tape was still on the wall)

Our neighbors, had the TV on very loud at 6AM with the hair dryer going full chat as well. :(

Congrats!! :)

Our first (and only) upgrade was Serenade last February. We were

upgraded from D1 balcony to a JS. :)

Though we never received an email. I just stumbled on the cabin

number change when I went in to check on printing my luggage

tags.

Edited by island lady

Congratulations!

Send her my way... there is a Royal Family Suite available on our upcoming sailing that I wouldn't mind being upgraded to :D

Good luck on that RFS. Pulling for you.

Just an observation, was following Enchantment 9/26. Just a day or so ago, a few GS were still available and some balconies. I am assuming the upgrade fairy has touched some cruises because now all the Suites as well as balcony sold out. I am guessing those were passed on as upgrades.

Yesterday, we got 4 emails from RCCL, so the cruise is in full swing.

I just checked our reservation this morning and noticed that we to have been granted an upgrade from an outside to a balcony on the Serenade. This is actually the third time we have been upgraded this year. Back in May we were on the Radiance and the fairy moved us from an inside to and outside and finally a balcony. Never thought it would happen again. Extremely happy as we use the balcony alot even on the cooler weather cruises. :)

Edited by westwood65

I just checked our reservation this morning and noticed that we to have been granted an upgrade from an outside to a balcony on the Serenade. This is actually the third time we have been upgraded this year. Back in May we were on the Radiance and the fairy moved us from an inside to and outside and finally a balcony. Never thought it would happen again. Extremely happy as we use the balcony alot even on the cooler weather cruises. :)

Wow, you sure are part of a lucky bunch. Share your secret pls:)

Enjoy your balcony.