Things I wish RC would do/have...

Slam308

Although I love Royal, one of the nice things we experienced on HAL was the cold towel and ice cold lemonade or water that was handed out at each port when we came back from touring. This was on our Mediterranean and Baltic cruises. Not sure if they still do it, but it was very hot outside and those towels and drink were a great welcome back to the ship.

I would ask for more plugs in the staterooms. Ships never have enough electrical outlets.

We got wet towels and iced water on all of our Medit. cruises, be the Brilliance or Serenade. Occasionally it's been offered on some ships in the Carib.

Agree, would love a real clock of any kind in the cabin, not just the

tiny phone or on TV ship's time.

--I take a folding travel bedside travel alarm clock that lights up for

when it is dark when you tap it.

Bathroom nite light! I would love all ships to have those little LED night lites!

---I leave the bathroom light on and shut the door at night.

TV programming for sure! Would love for RCI to bring back the two channels of

second run free movies! Especially on inclement weather days at sea.

---Books find their way into my luggage. ;)

Way too many loud announcements for things that are already listed in the

cruise compass.

---ear plugs??!! ;)

Edited by island lady

Agree, would love a real clock of any kind in the cabin, not just the

tiny phone or on TV ship's time.

--I take a folding travel bedside travel alarm clock that lights up for

when it is dark when you tap it.

Bathroom nite light! I would love all ships to have those little LED night lites!

---I leave the bathroom light on and shut the door at night.

TV programming for sure! Would love for RCI to bring back the two channels of

second run free movies! Especially on inclement weather days at sea.

---Books find their way into my luggage. ;)

Way too many loud announcements for things that are already listed in the

cruise compass.

---ear plugs??!! ;)

The programming! It was 1 continous loop of the same stuff! Are you kidding me! The live stuff was CNN or Sports.

I unfortunately rehurt a bad hip on the way down, so I ended up spending way to much time in the cabin. I should've bagged out of the cruise before final. Heat was off the chart. I had my cabin cranked as cold and it wasn't that cold.

No real feel of moving air. They need to HVC out the ships more or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The programming! It was 1 continous loop of the same stuff! Are you kidding me! The live stuff was CNN or Sports.

I unfortunately rehurt a bad hip on the way down, so I ended up spending way to much time in the cabin. I should've bagged out of the cruise before final. Heat was off the chart. I had my cabin cranked as cold and it wasn't that cold.

No real feel of moving air. They need to HVC out the ships more or something.

Sorry about your hip!! :( Hope it feels better soon!

Yeah, forgot about the inefficient A/C on some ships. It is the worst

when your cabin side is facing the sun on a southern carib cruise. Cabin A/C

just can't keep up. :eek:

Yup, nothing but crap, reruns, foreign language channels, and WAY

too much RCI banging their own drum/sales pitches on TV. :(

Edited by island lady

Sorry about your hip!! :( Hope it feels better soon!

Thank you! It was port intensive and when that happens it takes forever for the ship to cool down as well.

Cruising is not about tv for sure, but for the prices we pay, they need to offer a real basic tv package. If you take a land caribbean vacay that is standard at least.

Royal can boast there internet all they want, but streaming video is not good. Bringing up Netflix really wasn't workable!

I ended up listening to a ton of my favorite teams podcasts. Go Patriots!

!) Good craft beers on Draft

2) Good craft beers in bottles/cans (IPA's is a good start)

3) Good snacks (free) in pubs/ where beer is served/sold

4) Allowed to bring on a six pack of beer

5) Beer tasting

6) Pizza and beer night

Would be nice.

I am seeing a theme here :D

I wouldn't even mind the sales pitches if it was current. We were on Majesty on Halloween and I was too tired for the dance party, my wife went, but I stayed in the cabin. I started watching a really good show about a 7 day cruise on Mariner out of LA. It did such a great job, I was ready to book it. The problem was that sailing stopped many years before I saw it.

How is it on the Majesty or Vision WJ vs Liberty or Adventure you can get a better of variety of food? Yet you have all that cooking surface in Freedom/Voyager classes and half the time; over half of it wasn't put to use. Use it to dedicate a bigger theme night. Self order of cooking Chicken and Steak.

Can we get more veggies than veg-all, broccoli and califlower. The salad to me never looked good.

They were serving roasted potatoes every lunch/night, but yet they were serving those inedible potato bites or triangles for breakfast just do the roasted for all meals. Best hangover food of good roasted potato and red peppers.

Can we stop using a whole salt shaker in the made up eggs! Can we get red peppers and black olives chopped up for omlets. Monterey/Jack mild cheese for the omlets.

Getting better pastries! None of it close to fresh. Do I dare say some seasonal pastries. This goes back to they really aren't making most of it. It seems all premade desserts frozen and thawed. If it isn't they suck at it.

WJ quality and amount even further through the floor; since March/April. I almost thought they would run out of food on some meal segments. Getting slammed even when they knew they would have normal traffic. It seems to me they are trying to go back to just MDR food option.

Rotating 2 menu items onto Room service menu. I must say the steak sandwich; steak decent. The fries and onion rings almost inedible.

Allowing Diamond and above 1 night during cruise who are not in suites access to MDR menu.

Starting a order and pick-up way of MDR food menu items. Have us sign up by 10am, so they have a plan. Other lines have it.

Putting a 40+ in TV in the Suites lounge/Diamond lounge to have full access to tv programming that the crew has. Volume off or low at high lounge useage times.

Actually showing a feed of all the productions in the cabin! Being able to bring them up after the fact.

Working towards Smart the whole fleet.

I wouldn't even mind the sales pitches if it was current. We were on Majesty on Halloween and I was too tired for the dance party, my wife went, but I stayed in the cabin. I started watching a really good show about a 7 day cruise on Mariner out of LA. It did such a great job, I was ready to book it. The problem was that sailing stopped many years before I saw it.

Bahaha I would have been devastated! I really enjoyed watching the sales pitches. That and Dream Works movies over and over again. I'm a 29 year old kid.

RCCL needs to:

1) build more Radiance size ships instead of all the HUGE ships because lots of travelers do not want to travel on mega ships with 5000 plus.

2) Better cruise food creations and especially better desserts that are not gelatin based. Consider more food of travel to areas for some variety in that menu! If you go to Alaska be able to get seafood from that region.

3) For goodness sake improve on board TV programming options. And get US based CNN news not always international news when most passengers are American on RCCL

4) Limit sales hawking of RCCL commercials and products constantly throughout my cruise as it actually turns many customers to just tune out!

5) More activities and games throughout the day and nighttime especially on cruising days.

Happy hour during football games of football food. Maybe just start during night games.

Tailgating fun activities with cruise staff of the night game teams early that day. At least maybe you might meet some new people who like your team as well.

Might actually make an excellent solo fun thing as well.

!) Good craft beers on Draft

2) Good craft beers in bottles/cans (IPA's is a good start)

3) Good snacks (free) in pubs/ where beer is served/sold

4) Allowed to bring on a six pack of beer

5) Beer tasting

6) Pizza and beer night

Would be nice.

I'm sensing a theme here. :D

Love #3. The only place I've seen that is the Schooner Bar. It was a Chex mix kind of thing, and then only if you asked for it.

I'm sensing a theme here. :D

Love #3. The only place I've seen that is the Schooner Bar. It was a Chex mix kind of thing, and then only if you asked for it.

That or when they think someone needs food to absorb the alcohol. It was mixed nuts.

I discovered on my last cruise that turning the AC right down actually made the AC almost stop working. When I turned it down to the lowest setting then turned the temp back up a bit it actually worked better.

With a bit of google searching after the cruise I discovered that many hotels set minimums and there are overrides which you can use. (eg. http://lifehacker.com/override-your-hotel-room-thermostat-and-set-it-as-hot-o-1462595059)

I wonder if this is also true for the systems on the ships :confused: