Things I wish RC would do/have...

Slam308

Alarm Clocks in the rooms would be nice!

Buffalo Wings to order off the room service menu or served in the Café Promenade or Sorrento's for late night snack!

:cool:

Edited by bigque

...we usually just take our own travel alarm clock but when we on Anthem I did like the bedside phone with the touchscreen, very easy to just touch and see the time at night (as soon as I learned not to touch a button that dialed anything ;-) )

We also take a battery travel alarm that has a flashlight on it, but would be one less thing to pack. A bigger phone screen would work for me. I wear glasses so no way I could wake up at night and read the usual tiny display without turning on a light and putting on my glasses. At that point might as well just get up...

Bring back The New York Times fax at sea news summary each day!

Bring back real libraries with real books.

Some of us still like to read!

These are also our "wish for's." I have tried reading books on a Kindle, and it's just not the same experience. We do each bring several paperbacks that we leave at the book nook after reading. Sometimes we get lucky and find books other passengers have read and donated.

In addition I''d like another TV news station besides CNN International, which spends way too much time on scrolling temperatures around the world. We didn't realize when we booked our November B2B that we would be at sea on election night. I hope we'll be able to get up-to-date information without hanging out on line.

Margy

Add instead of taking away perks for loyalty. We have much better perks as Celebrity Elite+ than we have as RCCL Diamond. I find it hard to believe all the posts about taking away Diamond Lounge for Diamond members of C&A.

Agree with Bob on Shareholder not combineable with other discounts. I actually sold my shares as I could never use them for a discount. Of course, stock price went up after I sold.

Take the time to view Celebrity web site and compare loyalty perks. Internet users would love the Celebrity internet perks. I do like the free photo on RCCL

totally agree on small bathroom light, when we cruise on the older ships I always take one of those battery operated really small candle's. It is just enough light when you need to use facilities.

really would LOVE potato chips on every ship, good french fries wings.

......MDR open during embarkation. Probably my biggest RCCL negative.

I agree with this comment completely. I'm not a windjammer fan but will continue to go because I love getting on the ship as early as possible. Princess offers this.

I'd love for the rooms to be ready when you board; once again like Princess.

Edited by sellwingri

We're sailing on Friday and already dreading the rock hard beds I've been reading about on here. I requested a mattress topper and now read that they are using comforters instead(doesn't do it). No complaints on the beds on HAL, NCL, or Carnival so what gives? Really have been looking for a cruise line to be loyal to.......

Some times it's the little things that matter.

We recently went on our first cruise with Celebrity. My mom took my husband and I, and my brother and his family, on a cruise to Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit.

DH and I hadn't cruised in a number of years (we moved, got new puppies, etc.) but hey, who's going to pass up a free cruise! I was curious to see what the difference was between the lines. Even if I had to put up with my brother for a week...:rolleyes:

These are the top three perks that I noticed on the trip:

3. Icy towels passed around on deck on sea days and at the boarding area when we came back to the ship.

2. Accessibility of the ship's staff. The Captain was regularly at functions around the ship, including a Staff vs. Guest pool volleyball tournament which was hysterical. They also did a Staff vs. Guest Minute to Win It challenge and other activities.

1. THERE WAS A BUILT-IN NIGHTLIGHT IN THE BATHROOM!!

This probably sounds so trivial, but it was so nice to be able move around at night without walking into walls or banging my shins on something. And I didn't get blinded by having to actually turn on the bathroom light.

(Yes, I'm simple and often get distracted by shiny objects.)

So there you have it, my top three things I wish RC would do/have. What things have you experienced or thought of that would make your awesome cruise just that much better? :)

Scratch #2 off your list, this happens on almost every RCL cruise. #3 does happen....on the Suite deck....K.O.:)

Use of an iron and ironing board either in a laundry room or in the cabin.

I'm also not a fan of the plastic plates, I see the point about the rough seas but if other lines can manage it, why not RCL.

Julie

another vote for self serve laundry. Enjoyed having that on a longer Princess cruise. Made packing easier. Should have put that as #4 on my first list.

#5 Also a fridge that actually keeps something cold would be nice.

#6 And I wish Liberty, a Texas Ship, would offer Shiner Bock. They had it only for the sail away but it was gone fast.

#7 We wish the little fake curtain dividers could actually be used to partition the room. One could get up early or stay up late and read or something without bothering the other.

My list keeps getting longer...

Chocolates on pillows! I miss those.

I certainly understand that one, while there was a cost involved to do so, I doubt very many went to waste. Not a big deal, but when added up, I miss a lot of things that gave way to cost cutting.

Agree with Bob. Shareholder credit needs to be applied no matter what other credits are applied. RCCL is really cheap in this area. They want you to be a stockholder and support their company but won't give you a benifit for it in sailing on one of their ships. Carnival will apply their stockholder OBC without any restrictions applied.

Our very first cruise (what seems like a million years ago) on Carnival, had a talent night, where passengers performed. It was awesome! I would love it if Royal had something like this :)

That would be good! I know that new cruisers see stuff for the first time, but it is time to add some new things for the multi cruise cruisers! :cool:

I may lack culture, but I care more about the quality of the food than I do what it's placed on. RCI's plates work fine as you say.

I haven't been very impressed with buffets on the Princess ships we've been on. To be fare, they put mostly the small older ships on the west coast so we haven't experienced any of the bigger ones, but the RCI buffets have much more variety and better quality IMO.

Tom

Karen, in July 2006, I boarded the Crown Princess for my first non-Royal Caribbean cruise. One of the first things that I noticed was in the buffet: "Look. Real china and real glasses. How nice."

Then seven days later, the ship listed severely at about 1 or 2 P.M. Many many many people were in the buffet at the time.

China and glass flew everywhere. It was like hitting an I.E.D. Shrapnel. Major damage done to people's lower limbs.

Now I appreciate RC's melamine dishes and plastic cups and mugs!

:eek: ;)

RCI used to have this sort of thing on many of their ships, but I think some people got their feelings hurt.

We always enjoy the choirs and other passenger talent things on Princess, but there are some rude "boo-ers" occasionally that are kind of a buzz kill.

Tom

Our very first cruise (what seems like a million years ago) on Carnival, had a talent night, where passengers performed. It was awesome! I would love it if Royal had something like this :)