HAL On-Line Check-in comments

DaveOKC

Over the years HAL has made it easier, quicker and faster to do your on-line check-in. However, this new version is more combersome that the last. Some of the items really make me wonder if anyone is beta testing the site.

For example, to enter your passport's expiration date, you have to scroll through each month, which can be as long as ten years. Maybe I missed a short cut to this, but it sure was not quick and easy. Plus, they did not have my passport onfile from our last cruise, but they had my wife's??? We both traveled on the same previous cruise and everything is always in my name first - go figure.

I know that this is not a big deal, but I sure wish HAL would get up to date on their website.

Forgot to mention. Now to get into the reservation to do on-line check-in, you have to type in your reservation number and your last name. Prior, this was done for you, SINCE you are clicking on your reservation in the first place to enter this area - very clumsy.

Forgot to mention. Now to get into the reservation to do on-line check-in, you have to type in your reservation number and your last name. Prior, this was done for you, SINCE you are clicking on your reservation in the first place to enter this area - very clumsy.

All you have to do to avoid a lot of this is to log in FIRST.

I did that - that is how I found the reservation in the first place.

Tried it twice and both times same result - and both times I was logged in.

Never had this issue on previous cruises.

Edited by DaveOKC

Over the years HAL has made it easier, quicker and faster to do your on-line check-in. However, this new version is more combersome that the last. Some of the items really make me wonder if anyone is beta testing the site.

For example, to enter your passport's expiration date, you have to scroll through each month, which can be as long as ten years. Maybe I missed a short cut to this, but it sure was not quick and easy. Plus, they did not have my passport onfile from our last cruise, but they had my wife's??? We both traveled on the same previous cruise and everything is always in my name first - go figure.

I know that this is not a big deal, but I sure wish HAL would get up to date on their website.

Maybe it's just me but I got in to change my cc and had no problems whatsoever. Of course all of our information is on file so it was simple. Got no problem having to enter the Booking# JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you done so recently? While that used to be the case, the situation now is exactly as Dave describes, or at least it is for me.

As I noted in another thread yesterday, some of these issues are country-website specific. While you are provided the opportunity to email your itinerary if in HAL's US, Netherlands or Singapore website (I didn't test others), the Canadian site only gives you the option to print it. Go figure! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just me but I got in to change my cc and had no problems whatsoever. Of course all of our information is on file so it was simple. Got no problem having to enter the Booking# JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling it is due to the specific cruise I booked, as it is not showing the departure nor arrival ports. Maybe the cruise info is not filled out as of yet by HAL.

YES! I log in, then have to copy my reservation number to then enter it again to do the check in.

YES! I log in, then have to copy my reservation number to then enter it again to do the check in.

Yes, I copy my reservation number (CNTRL C after highlighting it) and then paste it (CNTRL V) in the reservation box on the next screen. It's a very archaic way to do things considering one is logged in.

They know when you have accomplished that check in. They also will hound you if you don't do it in, what they believe, is a timely manner.

I'll do it a couple of days prior to departure, not 40 or 30 or 15 days prior. The only person who really looks at anything is the person at the door to see that you are at the correct place to let you onto the pier. Beyond that, no boarding pass is needed. All you have to do is show your passport. It is all ready to go.

Jim

I haven't logged in in a few days, but I find This happens to me when I'm on a mobile device. When I click on desktop site or login from a pic, I don't have any issues. I seems to be be a browser based issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sadly, that's a "feature" that Seabourn has copied.

Roy

I am one who had no problem checking in for my March 2017 cruise last week. I, too, logged in first and since I am also on file, a lot of info was already there, including my passport info, sorry some are having issues......

I've had to do this for a few weeks now. It's a PITA!!

I was very surprised to discover recently that you do not even need to be logged in! Have your booking number in hand, click on the "Check In" in the header of the first page, enter your booking number and last name and you're in.

If you have anyone's booking number and last name, you can go into their Check In records, and see or change anything you like with no password required! I discovered this when a friend asked for help in printing boarding passes.

If you know a friend's booking number, try it.

And BE CAREFUL who you give your booking number to!

Edited by jtl513

The same thing happened to me when I tried to put in my new passport. I ended up typing in the ending date - 120 months is too much to do. I also don't see why it doesn't automatically go ahead 10 years for the ending date. Do other countries have that many different length of use or is 10 years not normal?

I've had to do this for a few weeks now. It's a PITA!!

I totally agree. This website seems to be going backwards, it certainly isn't progressive or user-friendly, or even just keeping up with technology. I wonder if it's a training ground for would-be techies.:mad:

For example, to enter your passport's expiration date, you have to scroll through each month, which can be as long as ten years. Maybe I missed a short cut to this, but it sure was not quick and easy.

The quicker method is to click on the Month first. The calendar will then display the months instead of the dates. Use the arrows to go to desired year and after clicking on desired month, the dates will re-appear.

I was very surprised to discover recently that you do not even need to be logged in! Have your booking number in hand, click on the "Check In" in the header of the first page, enter your booking number and last name and you're in.

If you have anyone's booking number and last name, you can go into their Check In records, and see or change anything you like with no password required! I discovered this when a friend asked for help in printing boarding passes.

If you know a friend's booking number, try it.

And BE CAREFUL who you give your booking number to!

John, it's been this way for years. Like you, I do find it rather disconcerting at best.

To the OP, I just checked in last week for my Amazon cruise and I didn't have to enter any passport information (it says it's all on file), address, emergency contact info at all during the process. All was there. My embark and debark ports (both FLL) are also absent on "My Reservations" page when I'm logged in, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

The same thing happened to me when I tried to put in my new passport. I ended up typing in the ending date - 120 months is too much to do. I also don't see why it doesn't automatically go ahead 10 years for the ending date. Do other countries have that many different length of use or is 10 years not normal?

I finally figured out the shortcut to this - click on the default year and you get a new menu to select the year.