Age of first cruise?

I was 43 and dw was 42 and ds was 9 that was on freedom. That was our firsr cruise in july of 2013. We loved cruising so much, we wanted to cruise again. So we booked an enchantment cruise leaving the next day after freedom docked.

That was the start of our love of cruising.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I was 40 on first cruise, but had traveled independently to about 70 countries prior. What inspired the cruise was cost, we were trying to get to Europe but flights extremely high. Cunard had a deal on the QE2 for $999 which included return air, they don't do this anymore, however then it solved the fare problem and heck included food and lodging for a week. We knew it was a formal affair and packed accordingly, had the most spectactular time, dining, dancing and seas got rough...fell out of bed one morning. We learned onboard that we could ship a bag home with all our formal clothes once we arrived Southampton, which we did...so free of those now useless clothes trotted off throughout Europe as usual.

A few years later, friends were going on a Baltic cruise and invited us. We joined, we really had a great time, but grew increasingly frustrated by the short stops and controlled schedule. I think we even discussed abandoning ship in Tallinn and just sorting out getting back to Heathrow for our flight home. We stuck with it, but last 4 days or so of a 12 night cruise was painful.

But still do the crossings, now on QM2, doing another in November. Its just straight sea time for 7 nights, which is great.

I was 37 and my husband was 41. Kids were 7, 10 and 13. They came with us on our 2nd cruise and would like to still be younger just to cruise with us! School or work is now problematic and they can't cruise has often. They are now hooked, just like us!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How old were all of you when you went on your first cruise?

My parents were avid cruisers and passed the cruise bug to me early. First time was Rhapsody at age 10 with the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego. Been hooked ever since!

47, it was supposed to be 42, but I avoided it for 5 years when my wife forced me to go.

I was 43. DH was 47. Took a cruise for our anniversary. Loved it. Took our kids 6 weeks later. That was in 2003, and we now have 43 cruises done, and 6 more booked. Definitely got the bug!! :D :D

Never traveled growing up. Then, after we married, we spent alot of time at Myrtle Beach, and went to FL several times, and out west several times. Went to Vegas many times. Then we found cruising (I was afraid of water, so cruising was out.). I haven't been back to Vegas since we started cruising!

I was 17 (turned 18 on the cruise) on my first cruise. Not sure if my husband has ever been on a cruise. My sons will be 20, 18 and 14 on their first cruise this June.

Back when I was 9 we took a ferry from Spain to Morocco on New Year's Day. it was a rough passage. Thankfully, my mother had all of us take Dramamine prior to boarding, and she snagged us a booth. A lot of people did not have a good crossing that day. Perhaps that's why it took awhile for my parents to commit to the first cruise.

My first cruise was my honeymoon on the Enchantment in 2003 when I was 38. It was nice, but then kids came along and our vacations were all to central FL to visit the grandparents and Mickey Mouse.

In 2008, my husband's boss gave us airfare and my parents offered to come stay with the kids. We decided on a whim to try another cruise -- Carnival Imagination. That was the one that hooked us! We also learned that cruising would be a fun experience for the kids.

We booked our first family cruise for the following summer. Our kids were 2 and 5 for their first cruise.

39 on the old Monarch of the Seas -- it was a friend's 40th birthday celebration. Came home and told my family that all I wanted for MY 40th birthday was for them to try cruising. They fought me for the next seven months but finally relented, and the whole family became instant converts. That made it easier for my niece, born a year later and cruising by the time she was nine months.

My parents gave me the cruise bug at a young age. I was nine years old, it was on the S/S Carnivale in 1976. DHs first cruise was our honeymoon, he was almost 30 years old (thanks goodness he likes to cruise). Our daughter was 5 months, our son was 14 weeks, and our twins were 28 months. We love to cruise!!

I was 20 and back then you could drink beer and wine in international waters if you were over 18 (? I think ?) but I had to have my then boyfriend (now husband) sign to be my legal guardian for the week :eek: Because him being the responsible 21 year old that he was makes that a great idea :p