Age of first cruise?

How old were all of you when you went on your first cruise?

My parents were avid cruisers and passed the cruise bug to me early. First time was Rhapsody at age 10 with the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise out of San Diego. Been hooked ever since!

I was in my early 23 or 24 that was back in the 90s, in 2012 we took our son though in his first cruise for his fist birthday ! He is already Diamond !!!!!!

I was 19. I loved to watch the TV show Love Boat in the late 70's and bugged by parents to take us on one of those cruise ships. They thought I was crazy. Finally my mother booked us on the RCCL'S Song of Norway out or Miami in 1980. Boy...did we great time.

I was 19 and it was during the big hair era! I watched Love Boat when I was a kid and that sparked my interest for cruises. My first cruise was on the Starship Atlantic which was one of the Big Red Boats. It truly was love at first sight! [emoji16][emoji568][emoji179]

I was 19. I loved to watch the TV show Love Boat in the late 70's and bugged by parents to take us on one of those cruise ships. They thought I was crazy. Finally my mother booked us on the RCCL'S Song of Norway out or Miami in 1980. Boy...did we great time.

Me too. I watched The Love Boat all the time and so when I graduated university at 19, my dad took me on my first cruise. That was on Grandeur of the Seas.

DH's first cruise was at 28 when we married.

Our kids went first time as a family gathering at 2.5 years 4.5 years (even though it was a Disney cruise, I recommend waiting until kids are out of diapers. Otherwise, they are not allowed in swimming pools).

Edited by LuCruise

I was 19 on my first cruise. ...sovereign of the seas...I was the only grandkids available for a last minute cruise cancellation so I was my grandma's date...

My kids 1st cruise was 18 months. ..

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

My first cruise was on Greek Line - Olympia - out of NYC. My 16th birthday on the cruise. Did not go on another cruise for 32 years and now have been on a bunch and many fun ones with our two sons while their ages were about 13 - 20.

:)

Happy Cruising to all!

I was 2 years old, back in 1968. My parents were moving to Spain to finish their PhD's and decided that a Transatlantic was a great idea. The ship had a class system and we were cruising on second (cabin) class. But still, my classy, charming and smart dad made such an impression that we were invited to have dinner with the ship's captain. :)

I was trying to find information about the ship and found an interesting story. This cruise ship was hijacked back in 1961...

http://www.ssmaritime.com/Vera-Cruze-Santa-Maria.htm

http://www.maritimeprofessional.com/blogs/post/hijacking-of-the-ss-santa-maria-13422

Edited by drarill