Royal got me again on a price drop

arebee

I was looking tonight and found out my cruise in December on Oasis has gone down almost $100. I called them and was told that since I've made the final payment the only thing they can do is offer me an upgrade with a guarantee balcony but can't promise where it will be. Well, we have the one we want, deck 11 overlooking the aqua theater so that is out of the question. This is the second time #RoyalCaribbean got me like this. They need to figure out what they can do, on board credit, dinner at a restaurant, some free drinks. Not like this is our first cruise, we will be #Emerald #Crown&Anchor after our next cruise in a couple weeks. I said it last time that I won't do final payment until a few weeks before the cruise, now I mean it. I don't care how many emails they send. I may not be Pinnacle but I am loyal, at least for now. And its people like us who are the ones who can keep them afloat.

I was looking tonight and found out my cruise in December on Oasis has gone down almost $100. I called them and was told that since I've made the final payment the only thing they can do is offer me an upgrade with a guarantee balcony but can't promise where it will be. Well, we have the one we want, deck 11 overlooking the aqua theater so that is out of the question. This is the second time #RoyalCaribbean got me like this. They need to figure out what they can do, on board credit, dinner at a restaurant, some free drinks. Not like this is our first cruise, we will be #Emerald #Crown&Anchor after our next cruise in a couple weeks. I said it last time that I won't do final payment until a few weeks before the cruise, now I mean it. I don't care how many emails they send. I may not be Pinnacle but I am loyal, at least for now. And its people like us who are the ones who can keep them afloat.

Good luck with that. If you do not make final payment when it is due, they will cancel your cruise and keep your down payment.

Sorry a bit confused...you "won't do final payment until a few weeks before the cruise" :confused: You must do (as I'm sure you know) final payment when it's due...also it's the date of final payment not the date you make final...for any readjustments. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post...regardless...enjoy the cabin location and your cruise...I much prefer not taking a GTY...like you location is important to me too. :)

Why are you using hashtags? They do nothing here.

Is the rule that you can't get price drops after final payment? If that is the case I'm really not sure why you are angry. And quite frankly your post sounds a bit like a child throwing a temper tantrum. They don't owe you anything but the cruise you already paid for.

Fairly certain they mean that they won't book until a couple weeks prior, not trying to make a late final payment.

After re reading OP'S post several times, I did not get that opinion. And waiting to book that close to sailing, they would not have gotten that cabin.

We book after final payment many times with a Guar Bal and have been very lucky, as we were with the Anthem and the Serenade, although we never would have chosen both of these cabins, it had opened our eyes to a positive experience so far.

Some cabin's drop $1000.00's..........OP, your cabin only dropped $100. I wonder how those other's feel?

They do it all the time.

If it makes you feel better, Pinnacle Members have to follow the same rules as everyone else.. None of us like it when the price of our cruise drops. We take an upgrade if possible.

If you were happy enough to book the room price to begin with, you should still be happy with it and the room along with it..

Good Luck with your attempt to change the rules, just to suit you..

Emerald, wow. Keep fighting the good fight :confused:

What's up with the # :confused:

###

They already have decided quite clearly what they can do, and they told you. They can upgrade you to a higher category stateroom if you pay the difference. I really don't get the sense of entitlement. Plane tickets you have to pay more to get a refundable fare, no price matching no matter how far in advance you book. Some hotels are the same way. Just allowing you to get any price drop is a nice benefit that the cruise lines don't have to give at all.

When you make a purchase in a store, you do so because you like and want the product and pay the price. When the store has a sale a few weeks later and drops the price of your item, you don't go back to the store and demand a refund of the difference , or some other form of compensation.

I don't get why people think they should get price drops after they have agreed a price. When the price of the cruise increases I don't hear anyone rushing to pay more.

We were on another cruise when final payment was due for an upcoming cruise. I called Royal told them about our circumstance, and they were happy to postpone the payment till we got back. But they did state that the deposit would be forfeit if we didn't make the payment.

Worked out fine.

Honestly if your Emerald then you know the deal.Quit your whining and put on your big boy pants....K.O.:rolleyes:

OP... I don't understand why you think you are due something or that the cruise line needs to decide something? What they told you is the way the system works. The whole supply and demand thing. You booked early at a price you were willing to live with and got the cabin of your choice. Now it is past final payment and they have random cabins left throughout the ship offered at a lower price to fill the sailing. Take one of those or stay in the one you chose but no kind of refund it due to you.