Does Liberty still have a Diamond Lounge?

JHCB

Since the ship has been redone, does Liberty still have a dedicated diamond lounge?

Has RCCL changed their policies on the evening drinks in the lounge?

Just curious...Thanks

Jason

Since the ship has been redone, does Liberty still have a dedicated diamond lounge?

Has RCCL changed their policies on the evening drinks in the lounge?

Just curious...Thanks

Jason

Yes, there is a nice Diamond Club on Liberty on deck 14. No change in drinks policy. The change is there is no longer a Concierge Lounge. There is now a Suite Lounge on deck 14 available for passengers in GS and higher and Pinnacles.

We were on her September 11, 2016 sailing, and there was a Diamond Lounge. Due to a very large number of Diamond and above members on that sailing, we found that there were no seats available nor even space to stand on the couple of occasions we went into the lounge during the evening cocktail hours. Complimentary drinks were served in the lounge, and the 3 drink vouchers were loaded to our cards to use at bars around the ship during the cocktail hours as well.

We were on her September 11, 2016 sailing, and there was a Diamond Lounge. Due to a very large number of Diamond and above members on that sailing, we found that there were no seats available nor even space to stand on the couple of occasions we went into the lounge during the evening cocktail hours. Complimentary drinks were served in the lounge, and the 3 drink vouchers were loaded to our cards to use at bars around the ship during the cocktail hours as well.

What kind of drinks can you get with the 3 drink vouchers? Can you get an "Old Fashioned" at the Schooner Bar, or a Mojito, Martini, etc. or just Beer, Wine, Gin & tonic, Rum & Coke, etc? Is it just one liquor and one mixer?

What kind of drinks can you get with the 3 drink vouchers? Can you get an "Old Fashioned" at the Schooner Bar, or a Mojito, Martini, etc. or just Beer, Wine, Gin & tonic, Rum & Coke, etc? Is it just one liquor and one mixer?

Here's a typical menu:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47963885&postcount=12

Where did you get the menu that has the actual cocktails listed? I have only seen the other one that you also attached that only lists the liquor available.

Will they actually give you a Long Island Ice Tea or a Martini as part of the Diamond Club drinks or coupon drinks? I thought it was just one liquor with one mixer that was offered?

Where did you get the menu that has the actual cocktails listed? I have only seen the other one that you also attached that only lists the liquor available.

Will they actually give you a Long Island Ice Tea or a Martini as part of the Diamond Club drinks or coupon drinks? I thought it was just one liquor with one mixer that was offered?

That menu came from a poster that was doing a review of Grandeur.

Martinis are usually no problem in the DL. I've also gotten a Long Island Iced Tea from time to time, but they usually refuse that request.

Martinis are usually no problem in the DL. I've also gotten a Long Island Iced Tea from time to time, but they usually refuse that request.

Ok. Thank you. I was just confused by what you can actually order because they always just give you the menu with the liquors listed, and not any actual drinks listed.

Thanks for the information about the Diamond Lounge location. We will be in a GS so will probably used the Suite Lounge instead.

Suite lounge is at least twice the size as diamond and there is a outside area, we were on 1st voyage that excluded diamond plus in April, never a problem getting a seat

They refused you in the lounge or at a bar?

Sent from work computer. :eek:

No, D+ are NOT allowed in the Suite lounge on Liberty. For a couple of months after LB's refurb, D+ were allowed to use the Suite lounge. But that was stopped several months ago. Only Pinnacles and GS and above use the Suite lounge. Yes, the Diamond lounge remains where it has always been on deck 14. Unfortunately, the outside area of the DL is not currently available, and has not been for several months due to scrubber installation going on. It will eventually be open, but probably not for at least another year.

No, D+ are NOT allowed in the Suite lounge on Liberty. For a couple of months after LB's refurb, D+ were allowed to use the Suite lounge. But that was stopped several months ago. Only Pinnacles and GS and above use the Suite lounge. Yes, the Diamond lounge remains where it has always been on deck 14. Unfortunately, the outside area of the DL is not currently available, and has not been for several months due to scrubber installation going on. It will eventually be open, but probably not for at least another year.

or two ;)

Is Freedom's finally done?

You mean the first one. :eek:

I don't think they've started the second yet, unless it is stuff behind the scenes. The 7 hearts card room is still locked up and i don't think they are building a Suite Lounge. ;)

I'm sure the fire slowed things down, hopefully Liberty won'e have that to contend with.

Has Indy started hers? Or will they wait until the refurb down the road?

We were on Liberty in July. We had late seating and would go around 6-6:30. The place was practically deserted. There would be maybe 2-4 people. The most we ever saw was about 10 people one night. No idea why that night was different but there was no competition for seats.