Does Liberty still have a Diamond Lounge?

JHCB

Summer time is not when the most D and D+ who drive to the port sail. Therefore, the Diamond lounge is not nearly as crowded in the summer. We were also on LB two weeks in June and July. There were only 52 D and D+ on one of those cruises. The D lounge concierge thought he was on vacation! Usually only 4-6 people were there after the first main dining seating.

No, D+ are NOT allowed in the Suite lounge on Liberty. For a couple of months after LB's refurb, D+ were allowed to use the Suite lounge. But that was stopped several months ago. Only Pinnacles and GS and above use the Suite lounge. Yes, the Diamond lounge remains where it has always been on deck 14. Unfortunately, the outside area of the DL is not currently available, and has not been for several months due to scrubber installation going on. It will eventually be open, but probably not for at least another year.

Not correct, + do use the SL on every ship with a SL. Of course they are in a gs or above.

Sorry, you are incorrect. D+ can use any Concierge Lounge. However, on ships with a dedicated Suite Lounge, D+ are not allowed. Thus the title Suite Lounge. Only Oasis, Allure, Harmony and Liberty currently have Suite Lounges. Other ships still have Concierge lounges Adventure will be adding a Suite Lounge during her refurb and doing away with the current Concierge Lounge I believe. However, of course, anyone in a GS or higher can use a Suite lounge regardless of C&A designation.

Edited by 39august

No, D+ are NOT allowed in the Suite lounge on Liberty. For a couple of months after LB's refurb, D+ were allowed to use the Suite lounge. But that was stopped several months ago. Only Pinnacles and GS and above use the Suite lounge. Yes, the Diamond lounge remains where it has always been on deck 14. Unfortunately, the outside area of the DL is not currently available, and has not been for several months due to scrubber installation going on. It will eventually be open, but probably not for at least another year.

I knew there was something unusual about that Liberty Diamond Club picture. Last time we sailed there was a very nice outdoor area.

Sorry, you are incorrect. D+ can use any Concierge Lounge. However, on ships with a dedicated Suite Lounge, D+ are not allowed. Thus the title Suite Lounge. Only Oasis, Allure, Harmony and Liberty currently have Suite Lounges. Other ships still have Concierge lounges Adventure will be adding a Suite Lounge during her refurb and doing away with the current Concierge Lounge I believe. However, of course, anyone in a GS or higher can use a Suite lounge regardless of C&A designation.

I will let the posters be the judge when they use a SL and + are in there. You just can't change that fact. I have yet to be turned away

Really???

Don't make me post a Bella pic

She should be in that "just say thanks thread". She gave us on the spot hurricane reports and never asked for obc or compensation. A true rci fan:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=247227&d=1349320636

Some allure art

Edited by setsail

I have yet to be turned away

but that doesn't mean that the policy the other poster mentioned is not accurate. You are both right, the policy is that no D+ in the SL but RCI is not always enforcing it (shocker :rolleyes:).

but that doesn't mean that the policy the other poster mentioned is not accurate. You are both right, the policy is that no D+ in the SL but RCI is not always enforcing it (shocker :rolleyes:).

Perfect, why are we shocked?

It the seapass fits...

I'm confused. I thought you needed to swipe your card to get into the suite lounge. If this is the case, how can a diamond plus enter? However, if the door is unlocked and open, what would stop anyone (first time cruisers for example) from entering when the concierge isn't on duty?

I'm confused. I thought you needed to swipe your card to get into the suite lounge. If this is the case, how can a diamond plus enter? However, if the door is unlocked and open, what would stop anyone (first time cruisers for example) from entering when the concierge isn't on duty?

The SL is open to anyone from 1st time cruiser to +, and P if staying in a gs and up and yes, swipe your card

Edited by setsail

Yes but does it require a seapass key to enter???

Yes; this is my question but I'll restate it again. (I thought I was specific.). If you don't need to swipe or insert your card, what would stop non-suite passengers from entering when no concierge is present?

Ok silly question here. I just made DIAMOND. Woo hoo! Anyway, I will be sailing in a few weeks and am curious about the diamond lounge benefits and the 3 drinks loaded on to your seapass account.

Can you drink as much as you want while in the lounge or only get 3 drinks? Can you just get a canned diet coke or 2?

Are the loaded 3 drinks per day or is it 3 drinks for the cruise? If per day, can you bank them and have 5 one day etc? Can it be any drink or just a set few? Could I get canned soft drinks?

Oh, and my daughter is traveling with me, and a friend (separate cruise) in same cabin- will I be the only one allowed in the DL?

Thanks. Sorry if these are repeat questions.

No drink limit in Diamond lounge. Yes, you can get non-alcoholic drinks. Three drinks are per day and expire each day. They can only be used during the lounge's cocktail "hour". No carry over and they can't be used in any dining area. If you are the only Diamond, then you will be the only one allowed in the lounge.

Can you drink as much as you want while in the lounge or only get 3 drinks? Can you just get a canned diet coke or 2?
you can drink as much as you want in the lounge. They will give you a diet coke one at a time and you are supposed to drink it in the lounge. They prefer you not take any drinks out of the lounge. I think they will pour it in a glass, not give you the can.

Are the loaded 3 drinks per day or is it 3 drinks for the cruise?
per day and it is a limited type of drink equal to what you can get in the lounge

If per day, can you bank them and have 5 one day etc?
Nope

Oh, and my daughter is traveling with me, and a friend (separate cruise) in same cabin- will I be the only one allowed in the DL?
yes you will be the only one allowed in if they are not Diamond. That's the benefit of having the drinks on your card - you can go to a lounge with your daughter and friend instead.

No drink limit in Diamond lounge. Yes, you can get non-alcoholic drinks. Three drinks are per day and expire each day. They can only be used during the lounge's cocktail "hour". No carry over and they can't be used in any dining area. If you are the only Diamond, then you will be the only one allowed in the lounge.

Thank you.

you can drink as much as you want in the lounge. They will give you a diet coke one at a time and you are supposed to drink it in the lounge. They prefer you not take any drinks out of the lounge. I think they will pour it in a glass, not give you the can.

Thank you. I was kind of hoping to get a diet coke to take out with me. lol Can I bring my Yeti and they fill it? LOL

What are the lounge hours?

Ok silly question here. I just made DIAMOND. Woo hoo! Anyway, I will be sailing in a few weeks and am curious about the diamond lounge benefits and the 3 drinks loaded on to your seapass account.

Are the loaded 3 drinks per day or is it 3 drinks for the cruise? If per day, can you bank them and have 5 one day etc? Can it be any drink or just a set few? Could I get canned soft drinks?

Thanks. Sorry if these are repeat questions.

There is no limit on number of drinks in the lounge during the cocktail hours. Depending on how crowded the lounge is, however, you may find the line to the bar to be quite long. On the ships we have sailed, we've found that they serve sodas from 2 liter bottles in the Diamond Lounge; they do not have cans available.

The free drinks loaded to your card are per day and can be used at bars throughout the ship. You cannot use them in the dining room. You cannot bank them, and you can only use them during the cocktail hours for the lounge. There are other threads that show the menu of available drinks. We're not big alcohol drinkers, so we usually find a bar that's convenient to our nighttime activities and use our 3 drinks/day to get 3 canned diet cokes. The bartenders have always allowed us to get all 3 at once rather than making multiple trips to the bar. (Of course, we always tip the bartender).

The Diamond Lounge is only for diamond members; guests are not allowed.

Just off a b2b on Liberty on Sunday. We're Diamond and were in a GS both weeks. We did have to swipe our card to get into the Diamond lounge. We did not have to swipe to get in the suite lounge. Suite lounge is for GS and above and Pinnacle on Liberty.

Just off a b2b on Liberty on Sunday. We're Diamond and were in a GS both weeks. We did have to swipe our card to get into the Diamond lounge. We did not have to swipe to get in the suite lounge. Suite lounge is for GS and above and Pinnacle on Liberty.

Since you were just on Liberty, do you recall if the outdoor area in the Diamond lounge is open yet?