Sweet Tea served in the MDR?

swdke

Doubt anyone in the kitchen is from The South. May need to be born Southern to make proper sweet tea. Sorry, you will have to sweeten it yourself and it won't taste like sweet tea you get in the South.

I think it's just regular iced tea...but you could always dump like 20 sugar packets in there and make your own [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is what I did and I asked for sliced lemon. Wasn't horrible but it wasn't like my southern aunt's sun tea. I don't even want to know how many cups of sugar she puts per gallon [emoji15]

Obviously no Southerners. My grits came out with cinnamon!

Ewww! [emoji23] although I was raised in Alaska, my dad was raised in SC and I went to college in SC. Grits with butter, salt and pepper. And if we're getting fancy that's when we do the works: egg, cheese, tomato and bacon or sausage. Yum.

Tea is offered in mdr

the light brown liquid beverage that is offered chilled inc the MDR is Not and in no way whatsoever resembles, Sweet tea.

Sweet tea is NOT served aboard at all. you have to suffer and make do with adding your own sweetener ( which again, in no way whatsoever resembles real sweet tea)

When I can't get the real thing I drink the "Arizona" brand Southern Sweet Tea...not bad...I've tried many other store bought ones and like this the best...it comes in a gallon jug or large individual cans. I get it at Walmart or Target.

I'm a big time iced tea drinker (unsweetened)...and I have to say, the iced tea on Royal is horrible. It's undrinkable for me. It doesn't matter how much lemon and/or sweetener I add, it's still just...gross.

Happy was the day that they added a Starbucks to the ship! Now I can get decent iced tea (and, yes, I'm happy to pay extra for it as I *really* want iced tea on my vacation).

Ewww! [emoji23] although I was raised in Alaska, my dad was raised in SC and I went to college in SC. Grits with butter, salt and pepper. And if we're getting fancy that's when we do the works: egg, cheese, tomato and bacon or sausage. Yum.

But they need to be cooked in milk instead of water. I learned that in So. Carolina and that will make you double Yum.

Maybe you could have your waiter bring you a pot of hot tea right when you are seated, let it steep and cool a little, then midway through your meal, once it has cooled a little, have them bring you a large glass of ice & sugar and make your own at your table:).