Why no Guy's on Miracle?

flutepilot

When the Miracle went into dry dock, the propulsion system was fixed. Adding Guy's would have cost them too much at that time. There were rumors of adding it at another time.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Don't think that was the reason. The propulsion problem had been around for about a year, so that was budgeted well in advance. Major refurbishments like adding new dining venues are also budgeted and scheduled well in advance so that the materials can be arranged for delivery right on time for the shipyard. Besides, the propulsion failure was likely covered under their hull and machinery insurance.

This is just one more example of Carnival using cost/reward analysis to determine which ships get which upgrades. Obviously, their demographic research showed them that Guys was not that important to the demographic they are looking at for the itineraries planned.

JR is OK, paying for a burger on a cruise ship turns me off.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Especially paying $7 (okay, $6.95). We have an awesome place on land here to get fresh, homemade burgers and fries for $6 Canadian - I just can't pay $7 each for an okay burger on a cruise ship.

On Carnival, I love Guy's (and have them once or twice on a 7 night cruise).

While I would not go on or not go on due to Guys, it is the best burger on the seas (note I said seas).

Sent from my iPhone

But it is still ONLY a burger, an 80/20 one at that. I agree, does not factor into my decision when choosing a ship.

Whats wrong with 80/20? :confused: 93/7 makes horrible burgers IMO :cool:

Too much grease in an 80/20, especially when cooked on a grill and the burger just sits in the grease.

If I do eat a burger, I prefer lean cuts, including buffalo and angus. A burger is just not a priority item on my menu. I'd rather a filet mignon.

Edited by evandbob

Too much grease in an 80/20, especially when cooked on a grill and the burger just sits in the grease.

If I do eat a burger, I prefer lean cuts, including buffalo and angus. A burger is just not a priority item on my menu. I'd rather a filet mignon.

Then why are you on a hamburger thread(guys). I don't believe the OP asked whether you liked hamburgers over filet mignon. By the way you will not find a decent filet mignon on Carnival and that can't be denied.

Flavor is in the fat, just like a ribeye. Yomv

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed. I love angus beef burgers properly done. Otherwise, I hardly eat burgers anymore. I'm more concerned about my heart, arteries and waist line!

The last thing I want is an 80/20 grease burger, and would certainly not cruise for a burger joint.

Agreed. I love angus beef burgers properly done. Otherwise, I hardly eat burgers anymore. I'm more concerned about my heart, arteries and waist line!

The last thing I want is an 80/20 grease burger, and would certainly not cruise for a burger joint.

Since you dont even cruise Carnival the point is

Moot.

Sent from my iPhone

Then why are you on a hamburger thread(guys). I don't believe the OP asked whether you liked hamburgers over filet mignon. By the way you will not find a decent filet mignon on Carnival and that can't be denied.

Because there are lots of people like me, the filet mignon minority, that don't demand a Guy's on every ship. Get the connection now?

I have never been disappointed in the Steakhouse filet mignon, and I usually eat there 1 night on most of my Carnival cruises.

Flavor is in the fat, just like a ribeye. Yomv

Sent from my iPhone

And the fat is goes right in my veins and arteries. I just had them roto rooted out for the 2nd time in 20 years. I'd like to go another 20 before my next angioplasty.

They might be better cooked on an open grill or even a George Foreman, but that's just a guess. Every one has a subjective opinion on food, enjoy yours. I'll enjoy mine.

And the fat is goes right in my veins and arteries. I just had them roto rooted out for the 2nd time in 20 years. I'd like to go another 20 before my next angioplasty.

They might be better cooked on an open grill or even a George Foreman, but that's just a guess. Every one has a subjective opinion on food, enjoy yours. I'll enjoy mine.

Well I am def not your doc, so I won't dispense any medical advice. I don't think I was doing anything in saying your opinion was bad, just stating facts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The seafood brunch has a pretty decent filet just rather small

Valid point about cooking them in grease, wish they would cook them on an open type grill so fat drains away.