Tipping on My Time Dining

On our next cruise our plan is to prepay the gratuities as we usually do, but our next cruise will be our first time using the My Time Dining option. For this I have two question that I hope you can help me with:

1. Does it work the same way in this instance?

2. How soon prior to the cruise do we have to prepay the gratuities?

Tips for My Time are handled the same as Traditional/ You can prepay or have the tips automatically added to your onboard account.

I don't know exactly how much time you have before the cruise to prepay, but I'd guess up to around 3-4 days before the cruise.

On our next cruise our plan is to prepay the gratuities as we usually do, but our next cruise will be our first time using the My Time Dining option. For this I have two question that I hope you can help me with:

1. Does it work the same way in this instance?

2. How soon prior to the cruise do we have to prepay the gratuities?

1.Yes 2. Same as you always have....K.O.:)

My Time dining pax are required to pay gratuities ahead of time, as opposed to it being optional for traditional dining pax. That's the only real difference.

As for when it's due, we paid ours with final payment. I believe that's when it's due.

This will be our first time using MTD. Do you keep the same waiters in MTD? We have given extra before but that has been to the same team who was with us for the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by slyster

My Time dining pax are required to pay gratuities ahead of time, as opposed to it being optional for traditional dining pax. That's the only real difference.

As for when it's due, we paid ours with final payment. I believe that's when it's due.

MTD is no longer required to pay gratuities up front, that changed a while ago.

This will be our first time using MTD. Do you keep the same waiters in MTD? We have given extra before but that has been to the same team who was with us for the entire cruise.

You can request to keep the same waiters, and they will try to make that happen, but it's not guaranteed.

On our recent cruise on the Liberty, I made reservations for the same time everyday. Always had the same wait staff. You can do this on your cruise planner before you leave.

The times we have had MTD, there has been no option to pre-book a dining time. If you experience the same thing and can't reserve ahead of time and want to eat at a popular time (like 5:30 or 6), then be sure to get over to the MDR as soon as you get on board. The popular times book up fast.

For us, the entire point of MTD is NO RESERVATIONS!!!! We want to go eat when we feel like it, usually b/t 7-8:30. I look at the Compass each morning to see what is going on that night for shows, etc. and then we decide when we will go eat. Rarely do we have to wait and never more than 5 to 10 minutes. We are pretty flexible so don't necessarily care if we have the same wait staff. We find that our "profile" is already in there so they already know I want veggies and hubby wants a shrimp cocktail every night!

You do not have to pay gratuities ahead of time for My Time Dining.

I signed up for MTD the other day & had to prepay gratuities.... [emoji853]

You do not have to. You can ask that to be removed from your booking and pay them onboard. Particularly useful if you have some OBC to offset the charge.

I signed up for MTD the other day & had to prepay gratuities.... [emoji853]

Whoever made you prepay your gratuities was in error. That requirement was eliminated some time ago. Speak to whomever had you do this and you should, if you wish, be able to get it corrected.